No announcement yet.

PS3/360 Mouse+keyboard support please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't go blaming EPIC because you've been misinformed... this is the kind of **** that keeps coming up that makes them not answer questions... people just read half the quotes and then go off making assumptions.

Comment

Is it me or do the posts get weirder since a certain kind of console user is here?

(No, I am not generalizing, but the above was actually my fear when I begged for seperate forums)

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
        Don't go blaming EPIC because you've been misinformed... this is the kind of **** that keeps coming up that makes them not answer questions... people just read half the quotes and then go off making assumptions.

All they need to do is answer the question! But they won't as it is plain to see here. We all just want to know if they are going to support keyboard and mouse play for PS3 in UT3. Why is that so hard to answer?

Not a difficult question, when Epic has supported KB/Mouse in game play before on console. Then they go announcing downloadable content like it's an asset. I guess it is if what you have planned is charging $2 for horse armor in Oblivion!

They are already ripping consoles off for an inflated price, then to double it up by requiring that they buy the PC version as well just to mod, is a bit much. So what then?

We console players pay extra for content created by PC players for free? That sounds fair to you, if it's true? How dumbed down to they think we are?

Just answer the questions, it's that simple!

***And "fuegerstef"????? Not me, that can't read the title of the thread!***
        Go somewhere else if you don't like it! This does not effect you. And I've been playing Unreal games solid since '99 on PC!

Comment

Originally posted by -=*7*=- View Post
          All they need to do is answer the question! But they won't as it is plain to see here. We all just want to know if they are going to support keyboard and mouse play for PS3 in UT3. Why is that so hard to answer?
          They don't know the answer yet.

It's not something that they can say definitively, one way or the other, which way things are going to go. They will answer the question only when they are sure things aren't going to be change due to something unforeseen, or due to the actions of a third party.

Comment

Well Mort Q that's nice of you to tell us that, but still why can't they just say it themselves. Who's holding their tongue? By all indications things looked good till Epic started kissing M$'s arss. It looked like keyboard and mouse would be used. That's why many PS3 gamers went out and bought Blue Tooth keyboard and mice.

Now because M$ is putting the squeese on Epic and other developers, suddenly we PS3 Players have been reverted to second class citizens.

But what I can tell you from forums around the net these last couple of days, is the natives are restless and not in the mood to support Epic if they don't make some good decisions. They could end up seeing all those UT3 games setting on shelves for both consoles.

Come to think of it the stench of rotting game disks is already blowing in the wind. I can almost guarantee console players will not buy these Epic games with things as they stand. I would forcast a boycott from what I read around the internet today!

Just the truth from the source. Sorry but been put off before listening to other members. Epic needs to spit out the truth if they want my money anymore.

Comment

Question:

How dumbed down to they think we are?
              Answer:

But what I can tell you from forums around the net these last couple of days, is the natives are restless and not in the mood to support Epic if they don't make some good decisions. They could end up seeing all those UT3 games setting on shelves for both consoles.

Come to think of it the stench of rotting game disks is already blowing in the wind. I can almost guarantee console players will not buy these Epic games with things as they stand. I would forcast a boycott from what I read around the internet today!

Just the truth from the source. Sorry but been put off before listening to other members. Epic needs to spit out the truth if they want my money anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                Not easier than now. Because auto-aim is in UT2004 too: Settings -> Game -> Autoaim.
                I thought that was only in single player?

Besides for Console versions there should be NO Keyboard and mouse support for consoles and NO cross compatibility for online play with Console to PC.
                Why?
                As both a PC and a console user, I find the mouse gives an unfair advantage to the pad (I've tried both in 2k4, yes I used a dual shock 2 and adapter too) and the mouse wins everytime with accuracy and speed. So its really not going to be that accessible to the newer console players if this is supported.
                As for Crossplatform compatibility, with increased resolution and better visuals, console users will be fighting a losing battle.

Believe me Ive seen this before (NFSU being the main one for visuals).
                Besides... Using a joypad ain't too bad in FPS (speaking as a Timesplittters Fanatic) once you get used to it... Mouse and keyboard still kicks its *** though

Comment

Originally posted by Irondog View Post
                  I thought that was only in single player?
                  Yes. But it is in. The original point was that it might be easier on PC side when stuff like this is included. It isn't easy now, and won't be easy in UT3.

Comment

I was just playing Dirge of Cerberus(FPS FF7 ps2 game) with a mouse and keyboard on my PS3 its perfectly fine. Its not like people dont have a mouse and keyboard at home. and if they like my cousin will never use a KB/M on his console so what. Youd be surprised on Fast paced Halo, Resistance, Gears can be with just Pads. and a Filter would just make everyone shut up about the whole thing anyways so its either in with a filter. In and well see if any "casual" gamers even notice. or its not in and the players with be split in thier own little groups forcing people to buy 2 copies to play with 2 differnt communities

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                      Yes. But it is in. The original point was that it might be easier on PC side when stuff like this is included. It isn't easy now, and won't be easy in UT3.
                      Ah but from what I read and am speaking about is for MULTIPLAYER rather than singleplayer.

As for the earlier comment about the auto-aim thing I'm sure EPIC would have locked that down tight (locked out the code for multiplayer) but sadly aimbots have been part of online games for ages. And its not PC either. Modded Xboxes and PS2's have been known to run certain hacks online, but fortunately there is less of them online than with PC gaming.
                      Console based online gaming is not 100% cheat free. Don't be deluded by that fact.
                      If there is a challenge to crack something, believe me some ****** will try it.

Comment

From what I read, I thought they were making bigger hitboxes for consoles.

There was also the concept of also "traction" (i think) on consles, which to my understanding is that if your aim is over a target instead of a background, moving the crosshair has less of an effect, meaning that your crosshair sticks a little to opponents.

Comment

Woah, I had no idea Dirge of Cerebus had mouse/keyboard support. I gotta check that out now..

Comment

hmm. this is a very good idea. Since both platforms have usb cross platform issues could be almost non-existent! genius!

Comment

Not a difficult question, when Epic has supported KB/Mouse in game play before on console. Then they go announcing downloadable content like it's an asset. I guess it is if what you have planned is charging $2 for horse armor in Oblivion!

They are already ripping consoles off for an inflated price, then to double it up by requiring that they buy the PC version as well just to mod, is a bit much. So what then?

We console players pay extra for content created by PC players for free? That sounds fair to you, if it's true? How dumbed down to they think we are?

Just answer the questions, it's that simple!
                              What makes you think you're so g**-d***ed important that they have to take time out of their busy work day as they strive to get UT3 finished to answer you precious f***ing question?
                              Ever considered that maybe they don't have the answer finalized yet? Of course you didn't, you atuomaticly assumed the position that put you as a victim so you could villify Epic and make yourself feel important. They have work to do, you know, and it can take a long time for various features to get implemented properly. You act as though they have the entire game finished already adn they're just sitting on their a**es picking throught he forums and deciding which little anonymous name they want to answer first.
                              Any informational reveal has to be approved somewhere along the line, they can't just go blurting stuff out. The fact fo the matter is, if your question isn't being asnwered, it's either because A: you're being a pr*** about it, B: they have a ton of more important stuff to do, or C: a combination of both.

Comment

Originally posted by shihku7 View Post
                                Unreal Tournament for the Playstation 2 supported keyboard and mouse. I hope Epic keeps keyboard and mouse support for the PS3 version of this game, as well.

Usually I'd just pick up this game for the PC and be happy there. But I want to abandon my PC as a game platform due to the limited number of games that come out for it. Simply put, it's hard for me to justify $200-400 upgrades to my computer for the sake of one or two games per year.

I have a PS3 and X360, and both of them are hooked up to the same HDTV I have my PC hooked up to. So my keyboard and mouse are already here, ready to go, ready to be hooked up to consoles
                                I agree, upgrading your pc
                                every few months to play a new game is so.... Primitive. I was on the xbox forums and suggested that the next xbox console comes standard with a keyboard/mouse. And if you want controllers buy them separately. The first console to ever be shipped with a keyboard/mouse. Oh, how i dream.

They need to steal my idea, before one of sony's spies reads this post.

Comment

Working...
                                X