Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview with Rein & co about ut3

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/gamesp...&mode=previews

Need to reg, maybe someone can make it more accessible?

They say that they want to be able to take all the mods and community made content over to the consoles, and they want to go cross platform on the servers witch is tchnically possible but, well..

Downloading now... if it has anything, I'll host.

Comment

I got it using this link: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/video_...deos;related;7

It is interesting and they even mention coughreleasehopescough and cross platform playing.

Comment

Dissapointing note... FALL 2007. IF IT IS DONE. WHICH IT MAY NOT BE.

Morris said it himself.

Comment

The coughreleasehopescough wasn't very reassuring thou, "hopefully fall -07"..

Comment

Mark Rein "We think it is fiscally smart to bring UT to the Xbox360"

So Mark don't you think it is also fiscally smart to bring Gears to the PC?

Comment

I'm a huge fan of Epic and their games, and don't play many other games.
              I know that this game will be a great success.

Waiting for this one has been painful for me, as I am a player and level designer.

I hope that the name change isn't an indication that it won't be released in 2007. I'll suck it up though. <sigh>

Thanks, as usual, for all of your hard work Epic!

Comment

Originally posted by Zero View Post
                Mark Rein "We think it is fiscally smart to bring UT to the Xbox360"

So Mark don't you think it is also fiscally smart to bring Gears to the PC?
                They haven't completely denied it. If anything, they implied a future port. (distant though)

Comment

Any hope for me to see this game any time soon has just completely shattered with the expected release range... Its not a bad thing. It ensures the game will be at its best when its done but its hurts a lot of peoples feelings when most of us were expecting something a tad sooner. Oh well. Stuff happens thats out of our control so we just have to wait.

Comment

In the beginning of the development they said there were 13 milestones in the game's development, I wonder at which one they are now...

Comment

I think that since they may have a stronger storyline, maybe we see something
                      like Unreal was, some SP and great MP. Gears done maybe the whole team is on UT3

Comment

Originally posted by SPECTRE View Post
                        I'm a huge fan of Epic and their games, and don't play many other games.
                        I know that this game will be a great success.

Waiting for this one has been painful for me, as I am a player and level designer.

I hope that the name change isn't an indication that it won't be released in 2007. I'll suck it up though. <sigh>

Thanks, as usual, for all of your hard work Epic!

Dammit. I knew it.

Jeff Morris: And in order the deliver a good single-player component we needed to make sure that people knew this was a break from what we'd done in the past where we just had the basic ladder for you to go through. And you know, we want to ship in 2007 but if the game's not done we're not going to and because of that, we don't want to try and sell a game that says 2007 in 2008.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=156415

Maybe a demo for Christmas?

Comment

Originally posted by SPECTRE View Post
                          Maybe a demo for Christmas?

________

Comment

Originally posted by dinwitty View Post
                            I think that since they may have a stronger storyline, maybe we see something
                            like Unreal was, some SP and great MP. Gears done maybe the whole team is on UT3
                            Nope, the core of the Gears team still works on Gears. They are creating bonus packs and patches atm, and I bet they'll start working on a sequel and maybe even a PC version soon. But the people they drew from the UT3 team during Gears crunchtime should be back working on their baby, maybe together with some additional artists from the GoW team, though.

And regarding the storyline: Don't get your hopes up too high, you shouldn't expect something similar to Unreal. Rein said, it will have a story with cutscenes and stuff, but nothing as deep as the Gears storyline (not that the Gears storyline would be that deep anyway, from the reviews I read its just the presentation that makes up for the obvious lack of story originality).
                            So, I guess you'll experience the Tournament in a fashion similar to Unreal Championship, from the perspective of a character that participates there to get his revenge.
                            That being said, I'd really like to see some real singleplayer levels in the story mode as well, I hope they will include at least some of those. That would also provide a great base for modders who intend to create coop/sp-mods, because a special AI for characters that behave more like sp-game enemies than mp-game bots would be there to work with (not much effort for Epic I guess, as they can simply take the GoW SP AI for that).
                            That opens up the path for a possible "Advanced Invasion" mod, something I'd really like to see done for UT3. What sucked about old Invasion was the fact that you'd spawn separated on a DM map, hard to pull of teamwork if you have to fight your way through numerous enemies in order to get to your teammates. But if someone will make a tiny UT3 mod that takes a CTF-map, spawns the players in the red base and invading waves of SP-AI monsters in the blue one, this would become a very popular gametype I guess. I mean, most people just love coop-games, GoW proved that.

Comment

I just don't like the fact that with Gears, when somebody mentioned a PC version, they would always get all angry and uptight and exclaim "of course we are not working on a PC version right now! We want this game to be as good as it can be on the Xbox360, and if we worked on it for anything else at the same time, the quality would suffer."
                              But now, with UT3, they say the exact opposite, that it is going to be great and that the PC version won't be nerfed just because it is also being made for consoles at the same time.
                              Which is it Epic?

Comment

Working...
                              X