Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the sheild gun too, such a shame its not going to be in UT3. No protection from the blind firing of rockets around corners !!!!

Comment

Meh, I totally see the shield gun being a UT2004 thing solely, great for the speed of that gameplay.

Comment

I would much rather a combo movement which spawns a protective shield for a period of time. Never used the shield gun it 2k4, it had no real purpose.

Comment

If you never used it you don't even know it's many uses in many situations that it can save you (or kill).

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixJCE View Post
            Sorry about not spealling it write, please answer some of my other questions please.
            Things like "What does the shieldgun do" and "What does it look like" you can look up yourself. Show some effort.

Originally posted by b.e.r.g View Post
            I like the shield! Its a tiny tactical addition to the game!
            Tiny like a full grown mammoth... especially in TDM, CTF and 1on1, the shieldgun had a huge impact. It's the perfect tool for keeping your death count low. In 1on1, you can use it to keep you safe while getting powerups, or run away with it when your health drops below twice that of your opponent. In TDM it's that, but also a good tool to stay alive for a few seconds and wait for a teammate to arrive. Basically, the shieldgun lets you make up for mistakes you made earlier, like getting into a spot you shouldn't have been, or taking a bit too much damage. Because this always involves less fighting, it slows the game down.
            In CTF... well, I don't really need to explain why it's bad for CTF. Luckily Epic decided to double the drain from weapon attacks for flagcarriers in UT2004, but it still would've been better if it wasn't there to begin with.

Additionally, anyone saying the shieldgun doesn't protect well against flak and rockets; it's actually better against flak and rockets because you can turn the shield towards the explosion. When defending against shock or LG, a part of your body is always unprotected (this is because of the way the shield is coded; it's not actually a physical shield that's before you, rather it absorbs attacks that land at a certain angle from your crosshair. In other words, when you point the shield forward, your left and right sides are still vulnarable from the front, even if it looks like the shield covers that up)

Comment

Originally posted by theeDEATHMASTER View Post
              If you never used it you don't even know it's many uses in many situations that it can save you (or kill).
              I said I never used it, not that I didn't know it's tatcial advantages.

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos View Post
                Lol first and foremost the sheild is a closer newbie thing then spammy rox. It truely ****** me off to see some one take off running with the sheild out while I'm tagging there *** with shock beam(or any other weapon that I may be holding) and knowing that I didnt drop a single point of health.

Maybe if you put down the sheild and pull out a weapon you could kill them instead of sheilding yourself.

So if you have 20HP and they have 100SHield and 199HP running away towards teammates is considered nooby?

Wow, that makes sense..

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                  Yeah sucking scrap is ot!

Wait, what were you saying
                  ... think i missed a comma there....

should have been:

It sucks, scrap it...

Comment

first... shield gun sucks, it is a n00b weapon, and i am glad they put it away...

second... don't call rox or flax noobish... just because those are the best wpns in the game...

and the 3rd reason is that if u even use it... u can't fire... and that sucks too.

Comment

Originally posted by dirkduncan View Post
                      just because those are the best wpns in the game...
                      Hahahahahahaha.
                      No.

Anyone called flak and rockets n00bish must either be a noob himself or a stupid hitscan elitist though. The hitscan weapons in UT2004 are MUCH easier to use.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post
                        I said I never used it, not that I didn't know it's tatcial advantages.
                        Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post
                        ...it had no real purpose.
                        Sounds pretty contradictory. You can say that all guns but one had no real purpose since one kills, why need the rest? Lets play shield gun only UT!

Comment

Working...
                        X