Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Link gun linking

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
    Yep. Throw your linkgun away 2 shots before it is empty (or one, depends on the server) and you almost have twice as much ammo on most maps too.
    I do it all the time, but it still feels like an exploit. This is the sole reason I bother to keep my "throw weapon" bind in an easily accessible location. I don't even understand why Epic made it so you get less on your second visit anyway. I believe the first time you get the gun it comes with the amount of ammo the mapper specified, but the second time you get some standard amount. So the mapper can place 180 ammo, but you only get the standard 70 if you already have the gun. Sounds more like a coding oversight than a deliberate game design decision. Should be patched.

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by Xyx View Post
      I do it all the time, but it still feels like an exploit. This is the sole reason I bother to keep my "throw weapon" bind in an easily accessible location. I don't even understand why Epic made it so you get less on your second visit anyway. I believe the first time you get the gun it comes with the amount of ammo the mapper specified, but the second time you get some standard amount. So the mapper can place 180 ammo, but you only get the standard 70 if you already have the gun. Sounds more like a coding oversight than a deliberate game design decision. Should be patched.
      I was talking to the other one, who thought there isn't enough ammo. Just giving a hint. I hate that throwing too.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by Xyx View Post
        I do it all the time, but it still feels like an exploit. This is the sole reason I bother to keep my "throw weapon" bind in an easily accessible location. I don't even understand why Epic made it so you get less on your second visit anyway. I believe the first time you get the gun it comes with the amount of ammo the mapper specified, but the second time you get some standard amount. So the mapper can place 180 ammo, but you only get the standard 70 if you already have the gun. Sounds more like a coding oversight than a deliberate game design decision. Should be patched.
        What happens is that you pick up the weapon -- Which comes with X ammunition. If the locker is configured to have Y additional ammo, you will also get Y additional ammo.

        When you touch the locker but you already have the weapon then you will only pick up the Y additional ammo. This is behavior is just keeping in line with the existing paradigm for pickups, where you cannot pick up additional ammunition for a weapon from the weaponbase spawn (You have to toss your current weapon and grab a new one if you want more ammo). After all, It'd be kind of silly if you could get 20 ammunition every time you ran over a Shock Rifle pickup -- Everyone would simply run over it three times and max out their ammo.

        Now theoretically what you want to do is compare the player's current ammunition to the weapon's default ammunition count and if so then to take the difference. If that's what you want it shouldn't be all that difficult to just extend WeaponLocker and set up that behavior.

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Wail of Suicide View Post
          When you touch the locker but you already have the weapon then you will only pick up the Y additional ammo. This is behavior is just keeping in line with the existing paradigm for pickups, where you cannot pick up additional ammunition for a weapon from the weaponbase spawn (You have to toss your current weapon and grab a new one if you want more ammo). After all, It'd be kind of silly if you could get 20 ammunition every time you ran over a Shock Rifle pickup -- Everyone would simply run over it three times and max out their ammo.

          Now theoretically what you want to do is compare the player's current ammunition to the weapon's default ammunition count and if so then to take the difference. If that's what you want it shouldn't be all that difficult to just extend WeaponLocker and set up that behavior.
          If you already have say, a linkgun, when you load up at a locker with extra link ammo it will only give upto 70 ammo. If the gun you have has more than 70 ammo no ammo is given, if it's less it's topped up to 70. The 'Y' extra ammo is only given if you do not already have the gun.

          Comment


            #35
            everbody here mentioning the Q3 plasma as comparison to the link primary. I have a perfect comparison to the link alt. that will be the Q3 lg. only differences are the linking thing and the color. so this is why I like the link.

            Comment


              #36
              Me agains this idea, what happen if weapon stay enebled (in CTF by default)
              there will be 'heal' spam. Also it would make medkits less valuable.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by Oddside View Post
                If you already have say, a linkgun, when you load up at a locker with extra link ammo it will only give upto 70 ammo. If the gun you have has more than 70 ammo no ammo is given, if it's less it's topped up to 70. The 'Y' extra ammo is only given if you do not already have the gun.
                Right, right. In any case it's not a difficult thing to change/"fix" if you want different behavior. All you should need to do (AFAIK) is modify this one function...

                Code:
                if( ValidTouch(Other) )
                        {
                            if ( Role < ROLE_Authority )
                                return;
                            if ( !AddCustomer(Pawn(Other)) )
                                return;
                            TriggerEvent(Event, self, Pawn(Other));
                            for ( i=0; i<Weapons.Length; i++ )
                            {
                                InventoryType = Weapons[i].WeaponClass;
                                Copy =  Weapon(Pawn(Other).FindInventoryType(Weapons[i].WeaponClass));
                                if ( Copy != None )
                                    Copy.FillToInitialAmmo();
                                else if ( Level.Game.PickupQuery(Pawn(Other), self) )
                                {
                                    Copy = Weapon(SpawnCopy(Pawn(Other)));
                                    if ( Copy != None )
                                    {
                                        Copy.PickupFunction(Pawn(Other));
                                        if ( Weapons[i].ExtraAmmo > 0 )
                                            Copy.AddAmmo(Weapons[i].ExtraAmmo, 0);
                                    }
                                }
                            }
                I may even do that and put it in a few maps, we'll see how that works out.

                Edit: Meh, you got the idea anyway.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Ummz dont the code tags work?

                  Code:
                  function somecoolcode(){
                  }
                  nups works fine

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Wail of Suicide View Post
                    When you touch the locker but you already have the weapon then you will only pick up the Y additional ammo. This is behavior is just keeping in line with the existing paradigm for pickups, where you cannot pick up additional ammunition for a weapon from the weaponbase spawn (You have to toss your current weapon and grab a new one if you want more ammo). After all, It'd be kind of silly if you could get 20 ammunition every time you ran over a Shock Rifle pickup -- Everyone would simply run over it three times and max out their ammo.
                    It is also kind of silly that there is a stocked weapon right in front of you, but you cannot get its ammo.

                    Alternatively, make it so that when you pick up a weapon from its base, it vanishes and the base will not respawn a new weapon for you until a certain amount of time has passed.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by N1ghtmare View Post
                      I think they are taking adrenaline out.
                      Please !?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X