Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Link gun linking

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Link gun linking

    I've noticed from the videos that the link gun appears to be much more useful in UT2007. I think that with this change that Linking to teammates might become more common, and that would be cool!

    #2
    Well in 2k4 it could be very advantageous at times...although it didn't actually speed up the process of node building which I thought was lame (lots of people have timed it out, 2 separate link beams vs 2 linked together, build/heal at same rate). If they increase the build/heal rates for 2k7 it should look great.

    From a DM standpoint, 2k4's Link Primary was weak, and I'm glad to see the gun has gone back closer to the superior UT99 model.

    Comment


      #3
      it rate of fire and projectile is alot higher now, but i would rather see the rate of fire of the 2k4 link, with considerably faster projectiles and good damage

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by HellFox View Post
        it rate of fire and projectile is alot higher now, but i would rather see the rate of fire of the 2k4 link, with considerably faster projectiles and good damage
        Faster projectiles? UT2k4's Link Gun fired much slower than the UT99 one.

        Comment


          #5
          I'm all for things that increase teamwork. Linking was a great idea.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by ChaosGrape View Post
            Faster projectiles? UT2k4's Link Gun fired much slower than the UT99 one.
            Maybe the rate of fire makes it seem like that. To me they seem to be about the same speed... Or then my eyes are playing tricks...

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by ChaosGrape View Post
              Well in 2k4 it could be very advantageous at times...although it didn't actually speed up the process of node building which I thought was lame (lots of people have timed it out, 2 separate link beams vs 2 linked together, build/heal at same rate). If they increase the build/heal rates for 2k7 it should look great.
              You might wanna buy them new stopwatches. (These modern stopwatches from the 21st century are now able to get intervals smaller than 1 second) There is a difference. It is very small, but there is. The difference had been posted here (2k4 section) and had been backed up by the lines of the code afterwards (I remember that one, because some of the funnier dudes claiming that his stuff is based on the code got the code shown by me, lol, I love them people).

              Comment


                #8
                Yeah hopefully in team gametypes the individual scores dont become that important otherwise there will have to be ways to compensate for assists on your personal score. Some people only play for themselves and not the team, I really hope UT2k7 fixes issues such as this

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                  Yeah hopefully in team gametypes the individual scores dont become that important otherwise there will have to be ways to compensate for assists on your personal score. Some people only play for themselves and not the team, I really hope UT2k7 fixes issues such as this
                  A solution like in ONS plus would be good.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Yes - pretty much all of ONSPlus makes UT2004 ONS a better gametype.

                    I'd be amazed if ideas from there were not already incorporated into UT2007 gameplay.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Actually one way I always though the linkgun as it is in 2k4 could be improved is to give linkers adrenaline for the kills also. Now this could make it unfair and one sided but to me adrenaline is a good way of rewarding players who play well. As a team if the killer still receives the points but if the linkers receive a adrenaline bonus it could make up for it. I can imagine a whole team of linkers boosting though which could be a problem. Kinda a non-issue in UT2k7 since as far as I know adrenaline isnt making a return.

                      Im getting sick of the suspense though hey, its starting to kill me hehe

                      Bring it on Epic lol

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
                        I'm all for things that increase teamwork. Linking was a great idea.
                        yup, with more damage per projectile, the less number of projectiles per minute, and a very fast projectile so that you can hit targets in medium range, ut still doesnt have such weapon

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Increased team based play would require smart teammates.. .... and the *bots* can't cut it. I sure hope that they will have stunning enhanced tactics in 2007

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I alwys hoped that the projectile would increase in size as well per linked teammate.

                            1 teammate links to you= slightly bigger, slghty faster, slightley "cooler looking"

                            3 teammates link to you= it's like shock ball size, with radiation and ****...

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Actually one way I always though the linkgun as it is in 2k4 could be improved is to give linkers adrenaline for the kills also. Now this could make it unfair and one sided but to me adrenaline is a good way of rewarding players who play well. As a team if the killer still receives the points but if the linkers receive a adrenaline bonus it could make up for it. I can imagine a whole team of linkers boosting though which could be a problem. Kinda a non-issue in UT2k7 since as far as I know adrenaline isnt making a return.
                              Good idea as long as it does not effect vehicles. A Goliath with booster or an Invis' Raptor would kill the game imo.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X