double-jumping and dodge-jumping vs UT99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

double-jumping and dodge-jumping vs UT99

Some of us old UT99 fans are still for the old style gameing.. since the newer versions of UT like 2k3 or 2k4 have the double-jumping and dodge-jumping and we are not so fond of it.. man it would be nice to have at least a mode of some sort.. that has the old dodgeing style in it.. we got a realy strong comunity. for a game thats 7 years old..and got fond of the gameing style.. and i got to tell you it still rocks after 7 years in adition if anyone will try to procede this goal of 1x dodge.. dude make smaller maps allso then i'm defenetly playing 2k7 and you have the respect of probably all the oldish UT com. I think its the sheer speed and fluidity of the game play that does it.. i dont know guys.. you promissed us an old feel of UT and i think adding jump boots just does'nt do the job and dont get me wrong
    I love you guys at Epic makeing this games legacy go on.. it is the game that was burned into my heart the day i played my first shootout.. and you will always have my respect.. but adding some old features and maybe rearangeing some of the things will not be so bad.. Adding an UT99 mode in ut2k7 would probably not be so bad.. It would be realy good consideration.. since you cant change the whole base of the game... gl&hf

p.s.:
    quote subz┬┤: And old game is a good game..

i think for my opinion our com. is strong because UT99 is just the best one.. it cannot be remade..

quake.net #ut1

Comment

I have been playing unreal since the franchise started and I love the new mobility they had added with the recent titles, removing dodge jump on 2k7 did hurt me a little but I can surely live without it if that is epics choice. UT99 was certainly fantastic, and I am going to have to say it defenitly had the best atmosphere of the UT titles out atm, however to me it didnt have the best gameplay. I'd still vote for UT2k4s gameplay over 99s. UT2007 will hopefully have better gameplay and atmosphere then both of these games, and I have real good faith in it that it will.

Comment

Originally posted by DaMn3d View Post
        Some of us old UT99 fans are still for the old style gameing.. since the newer versions of UT like 2k3 or 2k4 have the double-jumping and dodge-jumping and we are not so fond of it..man it would be nice to have at least a mode of some sort..
        There's a "mode of some sort" to get closer to the UT99 feel in the UT200x series as well. The problem with it is that it can't automatically change the scale of the levels, which makes the overall feeling average at best. I'm afraid that mutators won't be able to satisfy everyone on this case.

It's not just some of the old UT99 fans that aren't fond of double-jumping and dodgejumping. Despite the good time I had learning all the moves, I never really liked the UT200x's movement system. It's a bit late to discuss things like these now: whatever Epic's doing, they should continue doing at this point.

Originally posted by DaMn3d View Post
        i think for my opinion our com. is strong because UT99 is just the best one.. it cannot be remade..
        Your...what
        Competition?
        Comparison?
        Computer(s)?
        Community?
        Communication?

I hope it's not communication, because it doesn't look very strong with a statement like that

Comment

To the OP: what exactly is the point you're trying to make?
          UT2k7 has no dodgejumping. What else would you want more like UT1?

Comment

Get rid of double-jumping. I've never liked it and imo it was always gimmicky anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by StalwartUK View Post
              Get rid of double-jumping. I've never liked it and imo it was always gimmicky anyway.
              I'll have to second that.

Comment

yeah double jump is **** :/

Comment

When they release the demo and it's nothing like you fanboys expect, I'll be ready to read this forum and laugh.

Comment

Your...what
                    Competition?
                    Comparison?
                    Computer(s)?
                    Community?
                    Communication?

I ment Community.. WTF what? The last time i looked at the reviews of ut2k7 i saw that the duble-jumping will still be enabled? Or did i overlook it?

Comment

Well there's already a mode in ut2k4 where it's ut99 style and I don't remember see a lot of people playing on it (it was boring).

I play since ut99 too. I'm agree UT99 was a great game and very nice to play (I already have it instaled on my PC) but I have to said that the double jump in ut2k4 make it "difficult" for "new players". It's need more skill to win a fight in a face to face and tha't why I prefer it.

In ut2k7, they say the move don't change from 2k4 but it will be less flotty. So maybe we will be a way between ut99 and ut2k4 so it's should be good and requeir skill too.

But I'm prety sure someone will add a mod to play ut99 style in 2k7 just like in 2k4 but this mod in 2k4's not played a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by DaMn3d
                        it cannot be remade..
                        Yes, so UT 99 fans should stop whining on these forums about how all other UTs suck and just play that game.

Comment

In all honesty, who gives about double jumping? That's barely ever used in a fight anyway.
                          Sure, the game might be better off without it, but it's hardly a matter of grave importance.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                            In all honesty, who gives about double jumping? That's barely ever used in a fight anyway.
                            Sure, the game might be better off without it, but it's hardly a matter of grave importance.
                            I dont know about you but double jump is used by everyone, including pro's. Double jumping>Dodge jumping when it comes to gettin out of the way of spam upclose.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha View Post
                              Yeah i don't get why people keep crying about it, i don't see why it's being left in but then i hardly think it's anything to be that bothered about either tbh.

To the OP, yes dodge jumping is gone, there's also increased gravity for a less 'floaty' feel (map scaling should be better with these changes) and faster running speed, so it should be more similar to UT.

I wish people would do some research before making these type of posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X