PS3 or PC Version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dymlos2003 View Post
    Sell your soul? It's only a game console...
    Some of us take active consuming more serious than others.

Comment

The motion controlled aiming is said to be highly inaccurate.

ALso: Having tested the PS3 and Wii at the GC (especially these features) I cannot see how that should come remotely close to M/KB.

Comment

Pro PCers crack me up. Who cares that a PC is more powerful than a Console, it's been obviously stated since the beginning of time. However, there is a word that haunts us PCers and that's "Casual". Yes, that's right, there are "Casual" players who like to "Casually" buy a gaming platform and "Casually" buy games for it while "Casually" installing them. Then play it "Casually" with their "Casually" aiming assist.

I hate to admit this (because I'm a Pro PCer myself), but I see PC gaming dieing out when consoles are getting closer in terms of a PC. It's a given that Console gamers are probably out numbering PC gamers now, hell look at EBGames taking out PC games all together. I personally can't seem to play with any friends unless I play on the console.They don't want to fork out the cash and learn how to upgrade and install programs on their PC, when everything works perfectly on their brand new PS3.

Adding support for a M/KB on the PS3 was probably the biggest mistake on their part with this game. Now it forces everyone to use one if they wish to be on the same level playing field. Not to mention who the hell has room for a M/KB set up, most people probably don't have a desk they play on. Let's just hope the 360 doesn't do the same.

Also, I see Indy Developers running to Xbox360 when XNA Professional is released (if they aren't already).

Comment

So what your saying is that consoles are becoming like Pcs?

Comment

Yes, because there is nothing better than playing a game fixed at 720p on the PS3 because the console is already outdated and has limited capabilities. I shall enjoy my 1200p and possibly 1500p (with new monitor) experience on my PC. Thanks.

Motion control will never be as accurate as a mouse. Why? Because the mouse has the desk to use as a FIXED plane to aid in aiming.

've already converted 2 console guys (one owning a PS3 & 360 the other with a 360) over to buy PCs so we can play UT3 together.

I've come to the conclusion, that the main reason console guys exist, is because they are simply uneducated. Oh, and I guess the fact that some games only exist on consoles also helps. I've shown these two buddies the power of the PC, and both have dropped their jaws.

I would find it irritating to create documents on my TV with people fighting over the TV. Consoles are cheap due to being unupgradeable. A large table or desk in front of the TV for the mouse would look retarded. Sorry, I just find too many reasons why consoles would NOT take over PCs.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen70 View Post
              If PS3 has motion based tilt-look and it works well then sixaxis users wont have any problems keeping up with mouse-keyboard players on PC or PS3.

Tilt look concept is like using a mouse but in the air so you point or move controller the way your player should look very similar to pointing a camera. -
              I could also describe it as miming the motions your character should make in the game.
              New players will find it easy to learn (Wii sells so many units cause new users like motion interface) , but people who are used to mouse or thumbstick method will probably take longer to learn it.
              Spare me comments of there is no better way to play than mouse keybaord - i can easily keep up accuracy and speed in any game with a lightgun to what can be done with a mouse and tilt look is a similar concept.

HAHA, why the hell did you dig up a year old thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Dymlos2003 View Post
                Is it true that the online multiplayer will be combined with the PC?
                I hope not. No offense but I don't want people buying expensive closed systems offering no clear advantages and crippled controls as team mates. It would lower the average player IQ even more than it already is.

Comment

i love PS3 but ill run it better on PC.... ill get it for PS3 tho... for my bro

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
                    The motion controlled aiming is said to be highly inaccurate.

ALso: Having tested the PS3 and Wii at the GC (especially these features) I cannot see how that should come remotely close to M/KB.
                    Who sais it's inaccurate ??

How much time did you actually spend to practice with motion - and did you actually get to try the sixaxis tilt look at all ??

If your talking about motion steering i can assure you with a little practice it's very accurate and very easy - I have no problems.

- i expect it would take some time for a mouse -keyaaord user to become proficient with it especially if you have no practice with similar devices before ie light gun - paintball marker etc.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen70 View Post
                      Who sais it's inaccurate ??
                      Common sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X