No announcement yet.

PS3 or PC Version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aiming with a controller is just too different from a mouse because a mouse can be a constant speed when moving it but a controller analog stick has a bit of a resist to it hence why it moves back to the center after you let go of it, so that factor makes aiming just a completely different thing when comparing a mouse to an analog stick. The only way to make that equal would be to give the controller user a mouse and keyboard (but I doubt that would happen or vice versa). Gaming on either platform would be different in terms of aiming. That probably doesn't matter much to whomever is used to aiming with a controller on consoles though, but the idea is that the concepts are both different.

Comment

Who would want to use the **** PS controller for UT?

if anything (besides PC) 360, but Unreal Tournament is a PC game first and formost.

Comment

I hate consoles, but i certainly hope UT 2007 comes out on PC first...

Comment

It is either UT comes out for both at the same time or the PC comes out first....
          God I need a PS3...

Comment

Originally posted by Zoso Fan View Post
            if anything (besides PC) 360, but Unreal Tournament is a PC game first and formost.
            There is no point bringing it out for a console that can't crossnetwork with PC's imo. PS3 can, Xbox can't.

Comment

Good point...

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                There is no point bringing it out for a console that can't crossnetwork with PC's imo. PS3 can, Xbox can't.
                If XBox can't crossnetwork with PC, why do you think Microsoft announced their "Live Anywhere"-Concept? If I remember correctly, the first game to support it will be Shadowrun. Let's see how successful it'll be, then we'll have a reference how crossnetworking could work for UT2k7. I for one doubt Shadowrun will sell well.
                First, Shadowrun fans won't buy it because all of what makes Shadowrun Shadowrun isn't in there. I mean, they turned one of the most complex P&P RPGs into a FPS. What stuff did they smoke when they thought Shadowrun fans would buy it anyway, just because of the name?
                Second, the poor consoleros will most likely get pwned pretty hard by the PC users, unless KB&M would be mandatory for the console version (which would then be another reason why console players wouldn't buy it). Or the opposite happens, console players will have auto-aim and PC players get pwned by a legal aimbot. No matter how, you'll always will have one side b*tching about the other, resulting in an overall bad mood among the community which will ultimately destroy the game.

It think it's quite likely that the fate of Shadowrun will look more or less like that and if all of that happens before UT2k7 comes out, Epic will be able to learn a valuable lesson from it.

Comment

Actually I read through that article on the shadow run site about gamepad vs kb/m. Apparently they have an autoaim system but the real deciding factor in my eyes is the fact its a tactical shooter in which when you turn, the quicker you turn, you receive an inaccuracy. This would bring gamepads more inline with the mouse because although you can turn quick on the mouse you risk not being able to acquire your target quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Shock View Post
                    Second, the poor consoleros will most likely get pwned pretty hard by the PC users, unless KB&M would be mandatory for the console version (which would then be another reason why console players wouldn't buy it). Or the opposite happens, console players will have auto-aim and PC players get pwned by a legal aimbot. No matter how, you'll always will have one side b*tching about the other, resulting in an overall bad mood among the community which will ultimately destroy the game.
                    Mm, we've gone over this. There has to be some middle ground.

Comment

PC. Upgrade of my PC to run UT2007 will cost less then buying PS3 in Russia. Also fixing PC is somethings's wrong is easier than with PS3, as all the components will have a guarantee + not sure if Sony officialy sells consoles here, so no guarantees.

Comment

Originally posted by eduardvictor View Post
                        I hate consoles, but i certainly hope UT 2007 comes out on PC first...
                        UT2007 will come out first for the PC. The PS3 version will be out 3 to 6 months later.

Comment

PS3. I'm tired of having to upgrade my PC every 18 mos when every 'next gen' PC game comes out.

Comment

Sweet a fellow PS3 owner!

Comment

Originally posted by Luv_Studd View Post
                              PS3. I'm tired of having to upgrade my PC every 18 mos when every 'next gen' PC game comes out.
                              I upgrade my pc as often as every next gen console comes out (if not more!). It's not like you have to upgrade everytime something new comes out. I'm still able to play games on my old P4 2.2 ghz, nvidia mx4000 and 768 ram! Of course I use the rig in my sig for gaming now (this P4 I only use on weekends), but I got this P4 setup back in like 2000/2001 and I got the 3800+ X2 setup march of this year! If you can exersize some self-control, you'll find that you dont HAVE to upgrade ever time something new comes out! The next time I upgrade, which will probably only be a graphics card, will only be in mid-late next year. The next time I upgrade the whole thing will probably be 2+ years (2008-9ish).
                              (oh yeah 100th post w00t!)

Comment

PC. But I would be thrilled to see console gamers online. Providing that the aforementioned hardware imbalance issues were resolved.

Comment

Working...
                                X