Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piglet View Post
    http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=25858

Well - maybe then...if custom content can be got too....

Depends on the price for upgrading the PC and the need to do so.
    Just a little side note: Epic hasn't confirmed that the PS3 version of the game will be compatible with the KB/M. Just because the hardware is there doesn't mean the game will be utilizing it. The game has to support the remapping of the controls to a USB KB/M.

If it's a closed network with PS3 vs PS3 players, it could give KB/M players an unfair advantage..so they may end up not supporting it. If they do end up having PS3 vs PC players I can see it happening though.

Comment

Well the ps3 controller might be better than kb/m for vehicles, you never know. I dont think ps3 players would be at too much of a disadvantage in vehicle match's but yeah aim-wise they'll still find it hard to keep up I reckon. Unless there is auto-aim but really that would be alittle unfair since not all pc users are aim pro's

Comment

I just thought of this... hackers.... 2k4 has a lot of them. Do you think 2k7 will have some as well?

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
          Well the ps3 controller might be better than kb/m for vehicles, you never know. I dont think ps3 players would be at too much of a disadvantage in vehicle match's but yeah aim-wise they'll still find it hard to keep up I reckon. Unless there is auto-aim but really that would be alittle unfair since not all pc users are aim pro's
          True.

I do think versus some of the better UT players even some of the best Sixaxis users will be at a huge disadvantage in an on-foot fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dymlos2003 View Post
            I just thought of this... hackers.... 2k4 has a lot of them. Do you think 2k7 will have some as well?
            That's not really anything to worry about. Just find a good server where there's usually an admin around.

Comment

Maybe they will get some kind of "semi-auto" aim. If such a thing is possible.

Comment

isnt it actually 8axis?? I played alittle uc2 on the xbox boy do I suck with a gamepad

Comment

I think the Sixaxis controller will actually help the user help aim if they find a way to use the sixaxis....

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                    Halo 1 and Halo 2 both had aim-assist. "Sticky target."

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy View Post
                      Great, a human bot.

Comment

I don't think that will happen. There was auto-aim in UT 2k4 but only for single player.

Comment

yeah I kinda think lame-assist, I mean aim-assist is lame! Yeah it'll help those people be competitive but man if you want to win that badly buy a pc

It does help to make things fair but by giving one side an unfair advantage really some other alternative should be looked at. UC2's locking was good as it wasnt full auto-aim but it could still make alot of difference. The thing too with auto-aim is its usually given to make aiming at closer distances easier when thats not really the issue its the longer range shots which would be. Those would usually be out of range for the auto-aim anyways, if it were something like a magnet which pulled alittle towards players out a fair distance then it might make just enough difference without giving console players a crutch.

Comment

Or how about you get used to high sensitivity on the controller... that would work. :P

Comment

I actually use a high sensitivity on the Yaxis just not so much on the Z

Comment

You get the point though :P

Comment

Working...
                                X