Unreal Tournament Role-Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    There have always been people planning rpg-like enviroinments over FPS engines, since they have so good movement and graphic possibilities, so I don't think it's really copying if someone's planning that for UT.. I remember thinking about it back when Doom came, then some actually tried to make games with RPG elements (Heretic, Hexen, and perhaps the most, Strife). They weren't exactly perfect in that tough.. perhaps someone pulls it off with UT engine, it is much more flexible at least.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    just a update to this thread "Sacrator" has really taken off well so far i dont know about unreal tournament roleplay but you can check out our latest progress on our website at www.sacrator.com. I have subscriptions to stock companies for unlimited building texturing and modeling references for characters as well at really high resolution. We hope to bring something nice graphics and immerse in gameplay. Hope you guys like the updates.

-Derek

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I did. And with less bickering.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yet in Kindergarden you don't role-play assassinations and other crimes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Kindergarden - Role Play sounds like it would be a more fitting name tbh

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by E-LurK View Post
    i thought this was UT07 not the ****ing SIMS.....you .P.O.S
    I don't really care what you say. And for your information, this is not anything like the sims. I suggest you don't try to flame any more before you hurt yourself again. It could prove quite nasty to your reputation. That is, if you have one...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Flamer, why do people feel the need to blatently put down other people who are putting in there time and effort to create something for others to enjoy for free.

I reckon its because you flamers get jelous of them getting exposure and recognition, whilst your just still known as immature flamers. noobs lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Updates on the website have been made. Installed some mods into our boards to make it more interactive. Currently waiting on our Photoshop Expert to make us a new main page template. We still have a bad need for team members.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well now they have sent people to harass us and flame us in our own forum and our moddb profile. They just broke whatever friendship and trust they had left.

This could be based in the UT world with some modifications to it (weapons, vehicles, etc.) but that would be too much work to put onto our already loaded workload. If someone else modded our mod through a game type or mutator I would support them all the way.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Minimum View Post
    First of all, our whole mod team does not want to work with Sacrator for four reasons. First, they copied our mod. Second, we have caught them lying before. Third, they sound like a bunch of spoiled nine year olds, they really do. And finally, when I asked them why they copied us they responded like complete immature jerks. Our reasons are simple. We refuse to work with immature little brats that try to 'own' people by throwing out insults a child would use.
    In my agenda, you have at about 6 months to solve those issues. Should be plenty of time to work together, and perhaps cut out the rotten parts of both teams.

gl + hf

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
    IMHO:

Mods that are quite similar should join forces to make ONE better mod instead of 2 not so good mods. Especially when it comes to huge projects like these.

I have seen hundreds of mods with some concept sketches and some weapon renders that I never heard of again afterwards. A Mod is a huuuuuge project.

I don't want to discourage you, I want it to be a success, that's why I try to give advise from my point of view.
    I agree with this guy. If you put out a beta with half of what you want implemented it will be a miracle. You should get off your high horse work with Sacrator with at least a minimal agreement to share a lot of code and some other content.

modding isn't about trying to get an idea done better than somone with the same idea, it is about getting a **** release and making sure it works and is fun.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
    Everyone who understands the above, understands what I'm talking about.
    I dunno dude, I've never played that kind of game, though I've wanted to. I dunno if it would work in the UT kind of environment. Or even that kind of . . . program, for lack of a better word. It works better as a board game or something like that IMHO. I could be wrong . . .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1. Ok, that's just rude.

2. It's supposed to be P.O.S. not .P.O.S

Leave a comment:

• replied
    good idea, i love gta and i love unreal

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmmm - isn't that already its name?