Unreal Tournament Role-Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Minimum View Post
    the point of the game is to act out real-life.
    Hence the "everything and crime".

Comment

Originally posted by Minimum View Post
      Uhh.. I already stated why I refuse to team up with Sacrator.
      Oh, I'm sorry, I missed that post.

Comment

Expect to see a new car model pictures and new concept artwork in the coming weeks.

Comment

The mod is currently on the main page of Moddb.
          The main page.
          Our news post

Well, its November so I would like to discuss current events relating to our mod. The first thing is the first public preview of this concept art. This concept drawing done by Xero shows two civilians hanging out on the streets of Los Reyes, our main city map. The second thing is this gun model done by one of our modelers, kLoNe.

There have also been interesting events over the past week. The owner of the mod copying us, Sacrator replied in our own forum. You can see the full discussion at http://boards.gabionstudios.com/index.php?showtopic=468 In addition to that, one of our modelers, kLoNe, has begun working on a new car model. Those pictures should be out soon in the coming week or so. Xero is working on a new concept drawing which should also be out soon enough. We have also gotten a shoutbox and a dynamic design document system online. All in all, things are flowing quite nicely around here and we hope that it continues to be like that.

Until next time,
          Minimum

Comment

Hey cool, I'm on it too. I feel famous

Comment

IMHO:

Mods that are quite similar should join forces to make ONE better mod instead of 2 not so good mods. Especially when it comes to huge projects like these.

I have seen hundreds of mods with some concept sketches and some weapon renders that I never heard of again afterwards. A Mod is a huuuuuge project.

I don't want to discourage you, I want it to be a success, that's why I try to give advise from my point of view.

Comment

So will I be able to work at macca's and take my hk into work with me?

Then I'll be like where's my royal width cheese ya'z, gimme it now or I'll use my hk instead of a mop to clean the floors. Then I'll be hoonin along in my pimped up beamer, pull over to a laudry mat where the local dealers hang out and tommy gun the joint. I'll cruise over to the local research labs and use my janitors uniform and a fake id tag to gain entry to the hall of ganja where I'll rip off a few pounds. I'll take off my uniform and Im wearing a $10,000 suit underneath, I walk up the stairs to the court room just in time for final summations where I pull a wicked sick and get the mob boss off the hook for imbezlement and trafficing charges

The End, I made lots of money FTW

Comment

If this game were to take place in the Liandri World, acting out Science Fiction jobs or fights or w/e, I'd be interested. But since this isn't Science Fiction... sorry, doesn't really catch me.

It sounds cool though, I'll check it out sometime.

Comment

UT role-play? The mind boggles...

DM: Okay, you leave your base, and begin to move forward.
                    Brock: What do we see?
                    DM: Ahead, there's a flat platform over a bubbling pool of glowing bio-goop.
                    Lauren: Eew! Green slime!
                    Malcolm: I light a torch.
                    DM: There's no Need. The overhead lights are hardened fluorescent tubes.
                    Faraleth: Do they interfere with my infravision?
                    DM: No. Off to one side is a small crate, next to a stack of larger crates.
                    Brock: I attempt to pick the lock!
                    DM: It isn't locked.
                    Malcolm: I open it.
                    DM: Inside is a battered orange weapon, and two large ammunition hoppers. You sense an aura of power about it.
                    Malcolm: Sweet! A Flak Cannon +3!
                    Lauren: Dang! Lucky! I try to dodge-jump from the smaller crate up onto the taller stack.
                    DM: Okay. Make your roll.
                    Lauren: A 9! Blast!
                    DM: Make a Save versus Air Control!
                    Lauren: 14!
                    DM: You skitter off the side, and fall into the bio-goo. The rest of you see her flesh begin to smolder and smoke. Lauren flails around in agony. Lauren, you take (rolls) 15 points of damage.
                    Lauren: Gah!
                    Faraleth: I attempt to heal!
                    DM: You have no power to heal anyone.
                    Faraleth: Darn.
                    DM: As you're all turned to Lauren, a blue-clad fighter springs from around the corner, her weapon firing bright blue beams of energy! Roll for initiative, Brock.
                    Brock: A 2. ****!
                    DM: Faraleth gets hit, and blown backward, falling into the bio-goo for 42 total damage.
                    Faraleth: I attempt to disbelieve!
                    DM: Are you kidding? Lauren, you take 15 more points of damage and everyone sees your body explode, leaving behind a glowing skeleton.
                    Lauren: Golly gee! When can a make a respawn attempt?

Really, if this mod is role-playing the way I remember it, I approve! If not, well, we'll see...

Everyone who understands the above, understands what I'm talking about.

Comment

IMO, this mod should change the name as it's not based on Unreal Tournament. The only thing this mod related to UT is the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by heyqule View Post
                        IMO, this mod should change the name as it's not based on Unreal Tournament. The only thing this mod related to UT is the engine.
                        I think Sacrator would be a good name.

Comment

Hmmm - isn't that already its name?

Comment

good idea, i love gta and i love unreal

Comment

Originally posted by E-LurK View Post
                              i thought this was UT07 not the ****ing SIMS.....you .P.O.S
                              1. Ok, that's just rude.

2. It's supposed to be P.O.S. not .P.O.S

Comment

Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
                                Everyone who understands the above, understands what I'm talking about.
                                I dunno dude, I've never played that kind of game, though I've wanted to. I dunno if it would work in the UT kind of environment. Or even that kind of . . . program, for lack of a better word. It works better as a board game or something like that IMHO. I could be wrong . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X