Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONS = Warfare ?? Please explain EPIC.

According to Mark Rein "Onslaught is Warfare now"

Does that mean that I need to carry around Orbs instead of shooting and getting/linking nodes???
    The classic ONS doesn't exist anymore?
    Or is Warfare just a sequence of ONS matches with Orbs added to the mix ???????????

Can someone enlighten me please ????

I'll repeat myself here:

I used to think keeping ONS and Warfare seperate was a good idea, but consolidating ONS and AS into something even more immersive sounds even better. Tell you what.. keep it this way, and keep calling it Warfare.. just sounds better than "ONS 2.0". 1 more thing, make it so that mappers have a large degree of flexibility in how they design the gameplay of the map. So it could be more AS based, more ONS based, or neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Bersy
      I'll repeat myself here:

I used to think keeping ONS and Warfare seperate was a good idea, but consolidating ONS and AS into something even more immersive sounds even better. Tell you what.. keep it this way, and keep calling it Warfare.. just sounds better than "ONS 2.0". 1 more thing, make it so that mappers have a large degree of flexibility in how they design the gameplay of the map. So it could be more AS based, more ONS based, or neither.
      Read it in other thread. Doesn't help me at all in getting info. And warfare is about carrying orbs as we saw from the videos... ...how is this AS-like?

Comment

AS-Junkyard/AS-BP2-Subrosa "grab the [put item name here] and get it to [location name here].

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
          Read it in other thread. Doesn't help me at all in getting info. And warfare is about carrying orbs as we saw from the videos... ...how is this AS-like?
          "Assault + Onslaught = Warfare" is that too hard to understand. (About the orbs) Like in assault, there was items which were needed to transport to specific location!!

Comment

I said "or neither".. anyway I was just stating an opinion, and directing it to Epic, which is why I posted it here as well. As for the orb thing, it sounds like they have incorporated XMP to some degree, which is pretty cool and will attract even more fans, since XMP is dead and gone.

Warfare = ONS/AS/XMP in one?

Now Epic has stated all along (to my understanding) that certain objectives and missions will be optional. You can still play a mostly "vanilla" game of ONS if you so desire, or you can open up new objectives. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

But if it's all fused together into one gametype, I think it would be cool to have the ability for mappers to be able to make different types of maps, with NO ONS at all, but instead some other kind of predefined mission as in AS.. I hope this is possible.

Comment

AS fans can do AS in Warfare, ONS fans can do ONS in Warfare, (V)DM and (V)CTF fans can do that in Warfare. EVERYBODY HAPPY!

Now stop complaining after you actually played the gametype, because you have know idea how it'll be like.

Originally posted by Monster w/21 Faces
              If theres one thing the Unreal community needs less of it's people who whine everytime Epic try and push the series forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrubzjeknf
                Now stop complaining after you actually played the gametype, because you have know idea how it'll be like.
                I DIDN'T complain... ...read my post, please... ...I wanted INFO what I can expect from Warfare. So hard to understand ?????????????

Comment

Hope they know what they're doing, IMO they should be leaning alot more on ONS than Assault....... AS was fun, but not at all easy for the average newb to follow/stay interested in, and an absolute nightmare to map well for. ONS is fundamentally an excellent, easy to play game with huge possibilities....... the only real fault with ONS 1.0 IMO were the short midgame/endless endgame conundrums caused by a few single-node stock maps, ESPECIALLY the 1-3-1 layouts like Arctic & RP.

Comment

...and another corner is cut as "release date" and "reality" line up on a collision course with planet Epic.

Understandable in light of the battle against gametype proliferation. I just hope ONS is not being traded in for "Classic CTF".

Originally posted by fuegerstef
                    is Warfare just a sequence of ONS matches with Orbs added to the mix ?
                    I think orbs are used to power either nodes or turrets.

Originally posted by Gearbox
                    a few single-node stock maps
                    A few? Let's see...
                    • Adara
                    • Arctic Stronghold
                    • Crossfire
                    • Dria
                    • Islandhop
                    • Red Planet
                    • Severance
                    • Torlan
                    • Tricky
                    • Urban
                    Not counting Frostbite and Primeval, that's all of them! Even the ECE ones, when Epic should have been fully aware that such setups kill the game. All awesome maps, all ruined by their default link setups. I think this imperfectionist mentality has done more damage to the ONS gametype than anything.

I wonder how they're going to hamstring the Warfare gametype.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                      I think orbs are used to power either nodes or turrets.
                      That's what I meant.
                      I should start practicing delivering balls to BR goals now. Any vBR maps out there ???????

Comment

Best Bombing Run map ever:
                        http://download.beyondunreal.com/fil...mp-shallow.zip

Comment

The joke map, old news.

Comment

I just hope that warfare can be played competitively. Then scrapping ONS will be ok, otherwise I will cry 8(

Comment

In other words they are gonna screw up ONS just like they are gonna screw up ctf/vctf

gg epic

Comment

Working...
                              X