Darkmatch in UT2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Deacon View Post
    Given the nature of the lighting in the engine, projected shadows done as in UT2k4 should be completely unnecessary. Tex-baked shadows should also not be required due to normal mapping, and the real-time lighting system. Unlit and special-lit actors can be have their respective properties set to false via the mutator. Darkmatch should work fine, imo.
    Took the words right from me there, I agree on this. Now whether it being in the retail or as an add on mod, either way would work. However, i am leaning to the leave as an add-on mod for the game.

Comment

Maybe if the weapons get a flashlight mut....adding some sort of light to the weapon.

Shock combo's creating a light flash through-out a room and such.

Comment

Originally posted by happycat View Post
        Actually, Onslaught, with a little bit of work, could be awesome in the dark.

Don't vehicles have headlights? And those nodes and cores look like they should give off light as well.
        It'd be pretty funny to be driving along in the dark, see one split second of wide-eyes disbelief from the foot soldier running along in the dark before you plow over them. Deer-in-the-headlights effect.

Flying vehicles should still see the ground in wireframe, or something, so they can be piloted. It'd be pretty sweet to have cicadas hunting people down, searchlights swinging among the hiding places below, looking for victims.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
          It'd be pretty funny to be driving along in the dark, see one split second of wide-eyes disbelief from the foot soldier running along in the dark before you plow over them. Deer-in-the-headlights effect.

Flying vehicles should still see the ground in wireframe, or something, so they can be piloted. It'd be pretty sweet to have cicadas hunting people down, searchlights swinging among the hiding places below, looking for victims.
          It be like the war in the future in The Terminator.

Comment

thats not very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregori View Post
              It be like the war in the future in The Terminator.
              Holy ****, yeah! Especially with the great beam effect on the Cicada turret.

Comment

I like the weapon light idea. Unreal, the dispersion pistol, firing it the projectile emited light so you could quickcheck your locale in a dark area.
                I'm working on a project in Unreal and some areas are a Lantern MUST.

A map doesnt have to have all dark areas, certain areas could need the use of a light while the rest is a normal map.

Comment

Working...
                X