Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

You think it will be harder to dodge the Manta?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You think it will be harder to dodge the Manta?

With the increased gravity and the dodge jump taken away, do you think it will be harder to doge all the fast paced vehicles? Most of all, the Manta?

I really like the changes Epic is making to 2007, but the one worry I have is that experts with the Manta will go on Godlike killing sprees.

I would guess that in all the playtesting that's happening something as obvious as 'vehicle == godlike' would be addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by FragMagnet
      I would guess that in all the playtesting that's happening something as obvious as 'vehicle == godlike' would be addressed.
      That was just a horrible exaggeration.

Comment

Originally posted by Mardok
        but the one worry I have is that experts with the Manta will go on Godlike killing sprees.
        How is this any different from UT2004?

Comment

Yeah, unless your playing some uber competitive 1337 player (which I really dont care about because they are not the majority), the manta already kills wayy too easily. Dodge jumping don't work, the only things that work is fast reaction and use of the good weapons.

I dont know... they should find something against the mantas... getting killed by manta is not fun at all IMO. (instant killing stuff are bad things, unless they require really good skills or luck (headshot, direct hit with flak ball) or unless your playing something in which everything kills instantly (instagib))

Comment

Originally posted by Jake-SF
            ...the only things that work is fast reaction and use of the good weapons.
            Well, as Han Solo once said, "That's the trick, isn't it?"

I think as long as the Manta's guns are reasonable, making it a "flying weapon with a seat" isn't so bad.

Comment

I'm hoping that,

(1) Improved vehicle and physics means getting tapped by a vehicle moving at a speed your character can move on foot won't damage you (much less insta-kill you).
              (2) The Manta either loses effectiveness in its guns, or loses effectiveness in the ease with which you can clip players, or both. The splash damage on the Manta plasma, in particular, is unnecessary. The guns are good enough without it at locking down nodes or hitting Goliaths/Paladins/Hellbenders/SPMAs.
              (3) The speed of the Manta overall will be reduced. That it can effectively ignore most terrain and can 'dodge' up and down is a big enough advantage, it doesn't need to be significantly faster than other fast moving vehicles.

Comment

I think this would balance reduced movement speed:

1)Instead of instakill huge damage (150-170hp) so, player with 199+150 may alive.
                2)Manta get damaged and reduced in speed when hit player; get big damage when hit player with full charged impact hammer
                3)increased momentum?

sorry for bad english, I hope you understand me.

Comment

In my opinion, the manta as it is currently, is often no match for a team of players working against it. A player running laps around Primeval won't get away with it for long. Even a single player who knows what he's doing can get the job done easily.

I quess in 2007, the manta agility will be nerfed along with the players speed. But I quess that's what most of us was assuming...

Comment

I make mantas my B*** on foot.Don't know about that in UT07 though.....

I see the point of the thread: I guess we'll see.

Comment

On most maps there is this nice Weapon some refer to as ASMD.

You'd be surprised how effective that weapon can be against Mantas. In close quarters and in long range.

Comment

Mmmh, this topics brings a different thing on my mind: I'd really love to have different damage values for damage inflicted to ppl and damage inflicted to vehicles/nodes etc. a 2-shots-kill-a-manta shock rifle would be nice :> Plus one could nerf the manta-shots to be less effective against ppl ... or make the tank less effective against ppl and more effective against vehicles ... could do some sweet stuff

Comment

Shock primary, or secondary almost completely stops it. No need to dodge.
                          Most of the time I've been killed by a Manta, it isn't cause I couldn't get out of the way, it was because it came by surprise (in back of me, or while fighting someone else)

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy
                            Shock primary, or secondary almost completely stops it. No need to dodge.
                            Most of the time I've been killed by a Manta, it isn't cause I couldn't get out of the way, it was because it came by surprise (in back of me, or while fighting someone else)
                            Yep, true for me too.

Comment

though more difficult, flak can do the same thing

Comment

Working...
                              X