Reloading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naklajat View Post
    You could have a poll on these forums about whether or not to have flying pink elephants you can ride that shoot rainbows out their trunks that make flowers grow on everything, and have a 100% yes vote, but that would not make it magically appear in the game.
    You are right. On other UT related forums it would be between 99% and 100% percent.

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
      83% is a good sign that reloading won't be in.
      Epic does not work by democracy. If they did, UT3 would be just a demo with FaceClassic, Rankin and AS-Lev14th@nrace-SE-LE-]|[. That is all the majority seems to want.

I do not expect a reloading system in UT3. I am merely pointing out that several popular shooter franchises have succesfully improved their game by implementing a reloading system. Even the vaunted Quake series, which is about as close as you can get to UT's niche.

If Epic simply produces an UT1 with updated graphics, I certainly hope to find the time to mod a reloading system myself. Then you can personally assist me in rebalancing the weapons.

Originally posted by fuegerstef View Post
      How will the above add more variety?
      I explained quite a few times already, but you seem to persist in intentionally misinterpreting anything I post. I am here for intelligent and polite discourse. If you persist in your corny and insipid manner, I see no point in continuing this conversation.

Comment

I think reloading in Online games is a good idea. But not for Unreal Tournament.

Example: The Flak Cannon. The Flak Cannon is a mixture of the old fashioned Welrod (a single shot weapon from WWII) and a grenade launcher. The Welrod facinating its primary fire, and the grenade launcher it's secondary. Now, as of right now, the Flak Cannon is one of the best, if not THE best, UT weapon. The only weapon I can see surpassing it, would be the Rocket Launcher or Redeemer. Both Med-Long range weapons. As for short-med range, the Flak Cannon surpasses all. With a reloading mechanism established into the game, you make the Flak Cannon waaay slower. The only reasonably accurate way to reload it would be a One-Shot, reload mechanism. Not a good idea for a semi-fast weapon.

Example 2: Enforcers. For the Enforcers it's not a bad idea actually, but this would have to be the ONLY weapon you'd need to reload for, everything else just wouldn't make sense to reload considering the UT franchise of NOT reloading. Even the enforcers would be a long stretch for some of the Long-Time-Hardcore UT fans/players.

Comment

I was just revisiting this thread, when it hit me: G A S S T A T I O N S; I mean, dude, this will be so awesome, think about it, vehicles need fuel, right? So after a while they should need new fuel, that's why we really should have gas stations in the game, it will make for a more complex experience (after all you have to make sure that you will reach the next station before you run out of fuel) and it will be great fun to refuel a levi, lol! How awesome will that be, mmh? I mean the flap of the levi should be all high and stuff, so you would have to double jump onto the levi to get there, dude, it will kick ***!!

If enough people agree, I will open a new thread with a poll!!!

*edit: ofc I am also pro reloading EVERYTHING!

Comment

Just had a discussion in the ons-cup channel and EVERYONE agreed that this would be great, here is the discussion:

[13:26] <lieb|nietzsche> http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...=551865&page=5 if you want gas stations too pls make a post
            [13:28] * Joins: |FAT|Trekker (~trekker1@cmnz-4db37bcf.pool.einsundeins.de)
            [13:32] <[CB]DeSPerado> ofc not
            [13:32] <[CB]DeSPerado>
            [13:33] <lieb|nietzsche> 0o
            [13:33] <lieb|nietzsche> but they will be awesome!
            [13:33] <lieb|nietzsche> dude!
            [13:36] <{Ez0}SpiRiT^> that last comment is pretty cool
            [13:36] <{Ez0}SpiRiT^> on that site i mean
            [13:36] * Quits: |FAT|Punisher (Punisher@FATPunisher.users.quakenet.org) (Quit)
            [13:38] <lieb|nietzsche> ofc it is
            [13:40] <{Ez0}SpiRiT^> omfg gas stations :X
            [13:41] <{Ez0}SpiRiT^> how can vehicle go out of fuel when its destroyed and then respawned again thats totally mad
            [13:41] <{Ez0}SpiRiT^> it would only slow the game even more than disableing Ddodge
            [13:42] <lieb|nietzsche> idd the respawining makes no sense either, so vehicles should have a limp-home mode (you drive very slowly and cant use weapons) so that they can be driven to the gas stations which will have a garage where vehicles get repaired
            [13:43] <lieb|nietzsche> it will be A W E S O M E!
            [13:43] <grsm> no
            [13:44] <lieb|nietzsche> maybe people could even play as a third team "gas station personal" or something, gas stations would be neutral and the personal-players would get score for repairing and refueling vehicles
            [13:44] <lieb|nietzsche> would be great!
            [13:47] <grsm> ??
            [13:47] <grsm> what is it about?

Comment

Originally posted by Nietzsche View Post
              I was just revisiting this thread, when it hit me: G A S S T A T I O N S; I mean, dude, this will be so awesome, think about it, vehicles need fuel, right? So after a while they should need new fuel, that's why we really should have gas stations in the game, it will make for a more complex experience (after all you have to make sure that you will reach the next station before you run out of fuel) and it will be great fun to refuel a levi, lol! How awesome will that be, mmh? I mean the flap of the levi should be all high and stuff, so you would have to double jump onto the levi to get there, dude, it will kick ***!!

If enough people agree, I will open a new thread with a poll!!!

*edit: ofc I am also pro reloading EVERYTHING!
              No, that would not work. UT is not some Formula 1 racing game, nor is it GTA. It's a fast-paced futuristic shooter. Launch UT2004 and start up ONS-Severance or ONS-RedPlanet, hop into a Leviathan and tell me how long it lasts. Try the same thing with a fully-tanked real-life car. Exactly. On top of that, considering that these games are set several hundred years in the future, I think we can safely assume that the vehicles use some more efficient fuel than today. When you're playing, no vehicles will last for several hours. No match should even last that long; that'd be a poorly designed game. Even if there was this huge tournament or something similar designed to last for hours, implementing something as insignificant as a fuel system when it'll only be needed once every two thousandth Warfare match is absurd. Besides, how many players do you think would even bother fuelling up their vehicles? By the time they run out of fuel, their vehicles are probably so battered up that they'd be better off hopping out and grabbing another one, or simply go on foot.

Also, merely copypasting a conversation with your friends agreeing that "O M G G A S S T A T I O N S W I L L B E A W E S O M E ! ! ! ! ! ! !" and repeating how AWESOMELY COOL it would be isn't going to help your case.

Bottom line is that, dude, it will not "kick ***!!".

Edit: Also, if you proof-read your conversation carefully, you'll notice that not everyone agreed. Just thought I'd point out, since you seemed a bit too excited, writing "EVERYONE" with all caps and stuff. And it wasn't so much a 'discussion' as you screaming at everyone that it would be fantastically revolutionising. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it wouldn't work in a game like UT.

Comment

I think this entire post is sarcasm, actually.

Comment

lol gas station personnel

Comment

Working...
                  X