Spawning near Teams (TDM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spawning near Teams (TDM)

I think that Spawning near teams is good idea...you dont have to run over whole map to get back into fight. F.E.A.R. use that and players like it.

This would possibly make spawnkilling a lot easier.
    If you stuck with your team, it means you spawn near where you died... meaning near armed enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
      If you stuck with your team, it means you spawn near where you died... meaning near armed enemies.
      But in that scenario, wouldn't this armed enemy find himself among not only the spawner but also his team m8's?

I find it hard to imagine how this would effect the gameplay, since there are a lot of things that could happen, so I'm not voting just yet. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Sero
        But in that scenario, wouldn't this armed enemy find himself among not only the spawner but also his team m8's?
        If those teammates also get killed, you'd basically have an entirely unarmed team spawning and respawning around itself. I think this would give a bigger advantage to a team with mapcontrol than random spawning would.

If anything, I feel player spawns should give a good chance of spawning near a weapon that's about to respawn.

Comment

it'd be like lemmings running into the trap :]

Comment

Sounds like sniper heaven to me

Comment

I dont know if this is a good idea or not , i just vote non of those

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
                You are right. But if you will be spawned in reasonable distance...
                In F.E.A.R. it works. Its diferent because you have efficient weapon from start. But still I thing it can be balanced and be improvement to the playability.
                (Even now in UT´s you can be spawned near armed enemies)

Comment

For TDM... it's both advantageous and and sometimes disadvantageous to have random spawn points... But for the sake of fairness, I believe it's the only way.

Sure sometimes you're going to spawn right in front of your fully armored enemy and be killed instantly... But there's an equal chance that the same will happen to him. Most of the time, being spawned away from your team also means that you've got a fighting chance to get some armor and weapons before the enemy finds you. In most TDM matches I've played the enemy is by your team mates and so spawning away from that whole mess is your best chance.

Definate no for this poll for me.

Comment

But emm, the spawns really aren't random. I'm not entirely sure what the factors are, but on maps I play a lot I always know where someone will have spawned when I shoot them, and I'm pretty sure I'm not psychic..

Comment

it would make things more interesting. someone should make a mut like this for 2004 so we can see 1st hand simple enough

Comment

Originally posted by Sero
                        But emm, the spawns really aren't random. I'm not entirely sure what the factors are, but on maps I play a lot I always know where someone will have spawned when I shoot them, and I'm pretty sure I'm not psychic..
                        they really are random, but there are some rules about it too.

here you can read some about it: http://www.ocrana.com/utbible/respawning.htm

Comment

Originally posted by sphinx

So if Near teams spawning will be in UT 2007 and some of that spawn rules stays. It can be true improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by sphinx

Hmm, not entirely random is not random tbh

Interesting read though, that link, basically explaining that spawning is as random as how good the map has been zoned, and clears up why on some maps it's way too easy to 'learn' where your opponent spawns, and at the same time how it can be fixed.

Comment

Just like all other TeamGames, the answer will depend on the map and the mappers ability to curtail spawn camping by design. Once that issue is dealt with as well as can be expected, the answer is likely yes, because for a team to be effective, they have to work together. How easy is it to work together when you don't know where you are in relation to your team?

BTW, there is a custom actor for UT2k3/4 that you can add to a DM map for force team spawning in TeamDeathmatches. From my page on UnrealWiki:
                              Code:
                              //=============================================================================
                              // TeamSpawn.
                              // Forces player spawning based on PlayerStart -> TeamNumber if a Team Game.
                              //=============================================================================
                              class TeamSpawn extends Actor
                                  placeable;

var() bool bForceTeamSpawn ;   // Will check PlayerStart -> TeamNumber 

simulated function PreBeginPlay()
                              {
                                if ( bForceTeamSpawn )
                                  if ( Level != None && Level.Game != None && Level.Game.IsA('TeamGame') )
                                    TeamGame( Level.Game ).bSpawnInTeamArea = true;
                                Super.PreBeginPlay();
                                Destroy();
                              }
                              For more information on compiling this custom actor, search UnrealWiki.

Comment

Working...
                              X