No announcement yet.

ITEM-Spawning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sad part is that there was a random item placement mutator that got over 413,000 downloads, for UT2kx, on the UT200x HQ web site.

Comment

Originally posted by sphinx
      you win by having control of a MAP with the team, especially in CTF which is really much areabased. How do you get control of a map without having control of the items? Teamplay-->control of items=control of map= winning ctf
      oh well in my eyes mapcontroll is just not the same as teamplay in ctf! u talking about ctf like about tdm! i´ve seen and played that much ctf-games within the last 4 years where u totally get owned by having all items ! u can pickup all shields within a match and still will loose against an opponent with great teamplay! if u play an areabased style how u want to attack efficent?! running alone for the flag just to hold the midfield area just means that u will be assrunned by the defenders! the most important thing is to be in the best position right time to give the best possible backup for your FC! if 2 attackers just waiting for the shield your FC will be strickliy ran into death! thats the deal. the tactical situation to attack just after having the items and pick em up again on your way home is a classic and absolutly predictable situation that mostly leads to midfieldspam! areabased mapcontroll on ctf also means that u just will overrun by the X-locator! just the powerups cause a kind of areacontroll quite in the moment when they spawn! and of course for sure its important in TDM cause u have to controll the weapon-spawning as well!

but nervermind...mayb i dont get what u mean by "areabased"...in my eyes itemcontrolling aka mapcontrolling is not = winning CTF, im sorry!

Comment

I remember the artefacts (what where they called runes?) in the UT GOTY (the helmet, the skull etc) that appeared randomly somwhere in the map.

Those where a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by $TNT$MaeksOne
          oh well in my eyes mapcontroll is just not the same as teamplay in ctf! u talking about ctf like about tdm! i´ve seen and played that much ctf-games within the last 4 years where u totally get owned by having all items ! u can pickup all shields within a match and still will loose against an opponent with great teamplay!
          that i have to admit is totally true. a great teamplay will break through any kind of locked map in ctf.

and sadly, because when that happens its a great show to see, its also a much rarer occasion.

Right now im thinking of an ut2003 demo of ocrana on orbital. Just how sick mid was controlled, wasnt fun anymore, nobody got past...

also thinking of the classic fooze and phalanx demo on lavagiant.. zomg what teamplay :')

Comment

i loved lava giant that map i had the best sniping spot in the history of our club, i would get on top of the cliff and sniper the opposite teams snipers, it would take a redeemer to get me off my perch, even then i could shoot down the deemer, ah good times good times.

Comment

remember when i was playing with one of my ctf clans and lavagiant came on, i loved to defend...

always kept loading 6 rockets, walk to my clanleader dralex, and unload the rockets right infront of him, killing myself and throwing him in the lava because of the explosion and ff=0% and that 20 minutes straight :]

me and dralex had a love-hate relationship

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
                Of course a simple mutator added in the reatail game will hurt nobody, I think.
                But it will not be used by the masses. Just look at the UT2k3 mutator for UT2k4.

I have NEVER seen it enabled on any server.
                And not in any competition either, obviously.

The game needs to ship with the correct default settings. Anything else is (almost) bound to fail.

Comment

Originally posted by McFly2000
                  But it will not be used by the masses. Just look at the UT2k3 mutator for UT2k4.

I have NEVER seen it enabled on any server.
                  That's exactly why I said, a mutator wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Working...
                  X