Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmed: Make Something Unreal Contest!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    man i wish i could do the contest, im all idea. no programming/modding/skinning talents whatsoever. im what you call a dreamer rofl.

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by {SM}LeadSniper
      man i wish i could do the contest, im all idea. no programming/modding/skinning talents whatsoever. im what you call a dreamer rofl.
      You never know, Im sure there are plenty of talented programmers, modders and skinners but they no ideas. lolz

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by Up&Over
        Personal I really don’t care if they do it or not. For me I hate playing games on a PC and love playing them on my consol. The mods in the past are either rushed, to short or the game play is not satisfying enough for my taste buds.
        Wait, you play console games... ...how can you not be satisfied with rushed mods and too short gameplay.

        Comment


          #34
          Very cool to hear, contests like this really push modders to make the best content they can. Im really looking forward to seeing some of 2k7's entries. I wish I had the time and talent to participate!

          Comment


            #35
            i dont see how getting more games for the price of one is bad to the game.

            Mods modify the entire game, is ridicolous to think that if anybody makes the Red Orchestra mod (for example), this is going to ruin the original Unreal Tournament 2k4.

            I just dont see the point.

            You have more games, if you like them, you play them, if you dont, you still have the normal ut2k4

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Garcia y Vega
              Very cool to hear, contests like this really push modders to make the best content they can. Im really looking forward to seeing some of 2k7's entries. I wish I had the time and talent to participate!
              I wish I had the will power! Seriosly I'm just **** too lazy for it.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by MonsOlympus
                You never know, Im sure there are plenty of talented programmers, modders and skinners but they no ideas. lolz

                Ballistic Weapons

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by r1esG0
                  Mods modify the entire game, is ridicolous to think that if anybody makes the Red Orchestra mod (for example), this is going to ruin the original Unreal Tournament 2k4.
                  Sounds a bit like steam to me only cheaper

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by r1esG0
                    i dont see how getting more games for the price of one is bad to the game.

                    Mods modify the entire game, is ridicolous to think that if anybody makes the Red Orchestra mod (for example), this is going to ruin the original Unreal Tournament 2k4.

                    I just dont see the point.

                    You have more games, if you like them, you play them, if you dont, you still have the normal ut2k4
                    The mods have nothing to do with me being board of this game. It’s the constant bombardment of maps and information that fly’s around the internet ever single day that bores me to death. In the past it just used to be in a magazine and hey not so long after its released in the shops. Those days were more fun games were less boring then they are today.

                    I love people who only read what they want to.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Up&Over
                      Those days were more fun games were less boring then they are today.
                      You could easily say the same aout hollywood films, or mass-market "hip" literature, Dylan vs bubblegum pop, whatever.

                      Your point seems to be that there's too much content out there for UT, right?
                      Well the simple sooution is to simply not download it - bam, done.

                      I mean, who are you to decide that traditional DM is *better* than a mod like TAM?
                      Who are you to say that ONS is intrinsically better than vctf? (ok, it came in the game but all the maps are home-made)

                      You're talking about your own personal taste, and just like everyone, your tastes change over time.
                      I thought I'd never see a better game in my life when I first played MicroMachines 2 on the megadrive, hell, you could get 4 players on it at once! (omg!)

                      The simple fact it, UT is not just a game, it's also framework for people to make thier own games as well, and has been ever since Unreal1 - if you didn't notice that, then it's no-one elses' fault really, ay?

                      Anywhoo, not to sound like a rant, because I don't mean it that way, but be fair now, your argument comes off more like someone who's played one too many duff custom maps & crappy deck remakes, and wants to tar the rest of the community with that same brush.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by Up&Over
                        The mods have nothing to do with me being board of this game. It’s the constant bombardment of maps and information that fly’s around the internet ever single day that bores me to death. In the past it just used to be in a magazine and hey not so long after its released in the shops. Those days were more fun games were less boring then they are today.

                        I love people who only read what they want to.
                        it seem that your problem is that you don like so many quantity,
                        maybe you should try to select less games, or talking about unreal, less maps

                        nobody forces you to play all the games or maps that are released,

                        You simply have more stuff, if you like it, you play it, if you dont, you still have the normal ut2k4 and everybody is happy

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by r1esG0
                          it seem that your problem is that you don like so many quantity,
                          maybe you should try to select less games, or talking about unreal, less maps

                          nobody forces you to play all the games or maps that are released,

                          You simply have more stuff, if you like it, you play it, if you dont, you still have the normal ut2k4 and everybody is happy
                          Oh dear, talking to you is ridiculous. You just spout the same stuff over and over again. How the hell am I supposed to keep away from it all? There’s information every where you go.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            the first time i said anything i said that making mods dindt hurt the game, while
                            the second time i spoke, i said that you dont have to play every map that is released

                            the only thing that i repeated is the last line, because both post have different arguments to go to the same conclusion

                            but i really love people who only read what they want to

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by {SM}LeadSniper
                              man i wish i could do the contest, im all idea. no programming/modding/skinning talents whatsoever. im what you call a dreamer rofl.
                              Meh, no excuse. There's that one guy who is modding his own zombie game. Forgot the name but he does everything by himself. I read an article about how he had to learn all of the moding programs including how to code.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X