Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmed: Make Something Unreal Contest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmed: Make Something Unreal Contest!

Both FiringSquad and EvilAvatar are reporting that Mark Rein is pretty much confirming the next Make Something Unreal Contest via an article at Computer & Video Games. Unfortunately, the URL is not resolving or CVG has gone ****-up. Fortunately, EvilAvatar has a juicy quote:

Epic Games, creator of Gears of War and the massively-successful Unreal Engine 3, is planning a follow-up to its 2004 nVidia $1,000,000 Make Something Unreal Contest, according to company VP Mark Rein.

Speaking to CVG recently, Rein said: "People ask me 'will there be another nVidia $1,000,000 Make Something Unreal contest?' Sure, we'll round up some sponsors again and hopefully have another big, huge mod contest."

The Unreal honcho continued, saying that with Unreal Engine 3 as the platform, his expectations are even higher for the contest: "This time I think it's going to be spectacular," he said. "You see so many companies have licensed the technology, mainly because of how great the tools are and how productive and creative they can be with these tools, and it's going to be that much more-so for the mod guys."
    Source: http://www.beyondunreal.com/#9698

Great. That'll mean that there will be lots of good-quality mods in development for us to play.

Comment

Good to know that there will be a new contest. Ok, it's in the planning phase and nothing is final, but they do intend to pull it off.
      It's a good thing to know about it this early, this way talented mod-teams can already start with things like planning, concept-art and content-creation, etc. So, when UT2k7 hits the shelves, some of them will already have a solid base to work on and we will see a lot of good mods emerging only a short time after release. Sounds like great news to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Shock
        Good to know that there will be a new contest. Ok, it's in the planning phase and nothing is final, but they do intend to pull it off.
        It's a good thing to know about it this early, this way talented mod-teams can already start with things like planning, concept-art and content-creation, etc. So, when UT2k7 hits the shelves, some of them will already have a solid base to work on and we will see a lot of good mods emerging only a short time after release. Sounds like great news to me!
        Couldn't have been said better.

Comment

Good stuff but remember it aint final yet.

Comment

probably the best thing a game forge has done.
            (well, besides the ut-series )

Comment

I hope they still do the Unreal movie part of the Contest, if so I might give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout
                probably the best thing a game forge has done.
                (well, besides the ut-series )
                What's Game Forge?

Comment

When Ballistic Weapons goes to UT2k7 its so gonna win it

Comment

This time, I'll be ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants
                      When Ballistic Weapons goes to UT2k7 its so gonna win it
                      Older mods might not win UglyPants. Id say the new and refreshing ideas have a better chance of winning.

Comment

Well, Chaos UT Evolution scored 1st place in the last MSUC, and much of it already existed in some form for UT, like the proxies, the vortex, the crossbow and the ******* sword, to name just a few.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamburger
                          Older mods might not win UglyPants. Id say the new and refreshing ideas have a better chance of winning.
                          Dude BW wasn't even around when the first MSUC ended. Get your facts straight.

Also its pretty awesome, you should try it, and it'll be super amazing on UT2k7, cause its already amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo
                            Well, Chaos UT Evolution scored 1st place in the last MSUC, and much of it already existed in some form for UT, like the proxies, the vortex, the crossbow and the ******* sword, to name just a few.
                            This time around being the new editor can handle so much more and the community will be so much bigger, hopefully. There will be so many mods to chose from and so many new ideas too. So if a new idea is up against an old mod hey I know which one would stand out for me.
                            Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants
                            Dude BW wasn't even around when the first MSUC ended. Get your facts straight.
                            Did I say It was? No I said its an old mod.

Comment

i didnt enter the first one

yo guys can you guys please xplain how i enter and create mods.....i was never here for the first one....but if creating mods has anything to do with creating 3d characters then i think im good cause im good at 3d design. just you guys please tell me how to create a mod and how to enter.

Comment

Working...
                              X