No announcement yet.

CTF Maps In UT2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I HATED the Face in UT2K3. It was way to big with way to many places to hide on that map. It was a chore to have to find the flag carrier. It just wasn't fun to play at all. I stayed away from that map as much as I could. What isn't broke doesn't need to be fixed, and the CTF-Facing Worlds from UT99 is a perfect and very fun map. I would like to have the original remakes from UT99 as I have stated, but ONLY if they are true to the original and not edited. Again, don't fix what isn't broke.

Comment

Again, don't fix what isn't broke.
      Umm so you want a new game with very old maps? or are you saying epic doesnt need to do a new game at all?

I just dont get why people think ut99 doesnt have 1 problem, I mean yeah it might be better than 2k4 in some respects but every game does alittle something right. In the case of the ut series they usually have more than alittle. If you want face classic perhaps you could stick to 2k4 or ut99 then, I dunno. When I look at ut99 now it never holds the same appeal to me it used to, perhaps my perspective has evolved with the industry....

Comment

Originally posted by m00neye
        i really hope for new, fresch ctf maps so we can put the old ones aside. That's what the ctf community really needs.
        YEAH! Want that too! No more face!!

Seriously woud love the classic face to go away... If I am right it is the most played CTF map, so much if you want to play it actually there is nothing else than that with good ping (thanks to demo and special face server)... The map in itself is not bad but seriously, when the most played map doesn't even have EVERY weapons (and it lack Bio, Flak and Minigun.) So if you like these weapons there is next to no chance to use them in CTF... sad. So yeah ... I want fresh map!

And no map should be completely symetrical... I like when both side are COMPLETELY different and balanced as best as possible. I know they are always going to be a bit unbalanced somewhat, but I really don't care about balance if it gives fun.

Comment

Ctf Hall of Giants
          Ctf Lava Giant
          Ctf Facing Worlds (2k4)
          Ctf Hydro 16
          Dm Grendelkeep
          Dm Rankin
          Dm Phobos (99)
          Dm Space Noxx
          Dm Goliath
          Dm Abestos

They need to retire Curse, and revamp Deck though. Same if they are going to do Hyper Blast and all of the other staple maps. I think a lot of remakes would be great, just as long as there are about twice as many new maps or more. Why get rid of what people already love when you can improve it?

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus
            Umm so you want a new game with very old maps? or are you saying epic doesnt need to do a new game at all?
            Nope, read it again. And again until you get it if need be, I said it plain and simple. The CTF maps from UT99 "PLUS" brand new maps aswell. Here i'll even word it again. Make brand new maps, but also "ADD" the greats from UT99 aswell. Please tell me you understand now. Thing is, if Epic adds the old greats from UT99 and adds new ones aswell, everyone gets what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus
              so you want a new game with very old maps? or are you saying epic doesnt need to do a new game at all?
              Think about it for 0.003 nanoseconds and you might catch his actual meaning.

Comment

Nope, read it again. And again until you get it if need be, I said it plain and simple. The CTF maps from UT99 "PLUS" brand new maps aswell. Here i'll even word it again. Make brand new maps, but also "ADD" the greats from UT99 aswell. Please tell me you understand now. Thing is, if Epic adds the old greats from UT99 and adds new ones aswell, everyone gets what they want.
                Yeah I did know what you said but why add the old maps EXACTLY how they were in ut99. They tried both formats with 2k3/2k4 and it didnt seem to work well at all judging from feedback from the community. And what I said was that ut99 maps no matter how great still have some problems, I like some of them myself but if they dont recieve graphical and gameplay fixs I dont think its worth epics time tbh!!

Comment

No remake ever recreated the feel of the original fir me. I'm happy with good new maps that incorporate elements that made the classic maps classics. It is more important to find out why old maps actually worked that well than it is to clone them.
                  *IMHO*

The only 2 remakes that has good UT99 feeling are: CTF-BollwerkRuins2 and CTF-FP-Terra2004

Comment

Working...
                  X