CTF Maps In UT2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF Maps In UT2007

I asked about this in the regular forums before this forum was up so I figured I would ask it again here. Are there any plans to bring back any of the old maps from UT99? CTF-Coret, CTF-LavaGiant, CTF-Hydro16 etc. I'm sure facing worlds will make it into UT2007 since its a big favorite but I would really like to see the old maps from UT99 make it back. I loved all of them and they were really well made and balanced out. I didn't really like any of the CTF maps from UT2k3 / UT2k4. I think it would be awesome to bring them all back from UT99 and have new ones made aswell. I also think this would bring alot of the players that are still playing UT99 over to UT2007. Alot of people that played UT99 didn't get into UT2k3 or UT2k4 like they did with UT99. Anyway, since epic has the blueprints for the maps already laid out, I thought it would be quick and easy to make all the favorites again and add new ones to boot!

CTF-Coret FTW! I sooo love that map, I kinda never got into 2k4's ctf as much as I did ut99. I could never work out the exact reasons but maps probably have something to do with it. I did like face3 but a majority seem to like the classic more for some reason. Im hoping 2k7's ctf will change my mind yet again

Comment

is UT2004 maps can load in UT2007 ?

if so I want to keep all UT2004 map I have ... sorry off topic but want to know .. can UT2004 maps load in UT2007 ?
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BuffyTheSlayer
        if so I want to keep all UT2004 map I have ... sorry off topic but want to know .. can UT2004 maps load in UT2007 ?
        thanks
        No, they can't... its a different engine.

Comment

With the new movement and gravity we actually might get a CTF-Coret remake that works! "drools"

Comment

Citadel, BridgeOfFate, Gendelkeep the rest more or less sucks

If I compare UT2kx maps with some really awesome custom maps I wonder what is going on at Epic.

Comment

December = ****. January = ****.

I just hope they aren't choked with static meshes like last time. I'd love to see nice, clean, gameplay-driven CTF maps again. I'd be nice to see Coret][, but it'd have to be done very well (same with the any other potential remakes).

Also, do not let Joe Wilcox near UnrealEd for the love of christ....

Comment

Originally posted by Selerox
                I just hope they aren't choked with static meshes like last time. I'd love to see nice, clean, gameplay-driven CTF maps again. I'd be nice to see Coret][, but it'd have to be done very well (same with the any other potential remakes).

Also, do not let Joe Wilcox near UnrealEd for the love of christ....
                Unfortunetly, if you look at some of the gameplay videos (specifically the indoor DM vid) you'll see that there are still static meshes EVERYWHERE. The floors are still funny looking gratings with pipes and junk running along side the walls. Why we can't just keep it simple is beyond me. In my opinion, you never let your desire to make something look cool interfere with gameplay.

Comment

<3 CTF-Kosov
                  (but this one was in one of the bonus packs...)

Comment

i like CTF-CBP2-Botanic it's funny to run through the glass-tunnels - every player can se u but they can't shoot at u^^

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus
                      CTF-Coret FTW! I sooo love that map, I kinda never got into 2k4's ctf as much as I did ut99. I could never work out the exact reasons but maps probably have something to do with it. I did like face3 but a majority seem to like the classic more for some reason. Im hoping 2k7's ctf will change my mind yet again
                      That seems to be the case with most of the harcore UT99 CTF players and I think your right about the maps, at least i'm sure it had ALOT to do with it. The maps in UT2K3 and UT2K4 just wasn't as fun as in UT99. Alot of the hardcore CTF clans in UT99 droped off the face of the earth after UT2K3 and UT2K4 came out. It just wasn't the same anymore . I'm hoping that UT2007 can bring that same feel from UT99 back once again.

Comment

the ut2k4-bonuspacks were all amazing... most (CTF) levels have been unlearnable large (i remember an amazing underwater level), but still amazing. amazing, amazing, AMAZING!

Comment

Hopefully, all new CTF maps!

Comment

CLEAN gameplay. CLEAN.

Originally posted by Modulus
                            In my opinion, you never let your desire to make something look cool interfere with gameplay.
                            Yeah, but this is post-UT Epic we're talking about. Ever since the last UT99 BP, over-the-top graphics seem to have been shoe-horned into every part of the game. I fail to see why Epic seem unable to make maps with a dignified (for want of a better term) level of eye-candy and clean gameplay. CTF-Grendelkeep is a prime example of a map that didn't look too flashy and plays superbly.

Epic need to realise that we'd rather have a game designed around gameplay. Despite what Mark "Should be locked in the basement until after UT ships" Rein says, graphics are not what gamers look for.

UT99 had gameplay. People still talk about it.

UT2004 had graphics. Nobody gives a **** about it.

Comment

UT99 still had pretty excellent graphics for its time. I think most of UT99 looks better than UT2k4 because the maps are far more colourful and memorable, rather than cookie cutter mesh laden clones.

Comment

Working...
                              X