Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What platform will you be playing UT2007 on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'll be running on Linux and Windows. I use both OS's depending on the mood I'm in so I'll be sure to have UT3 handy no matter which OS I'm booted into.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    PC - The way its meant to be played .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I see. So they haven't released the final system req's yet huh? That's pretty odd, seeing as how the current release date is little over 2 months away. And I got an email from gamestop saying the release date was pushed back from the 12th to the 19th lol. Only a week, usually it's months. What's a mere week going to give them? Well I suppose their courier shipped late so they have to give the extra week to allow for the discrepancy. *shrugs* oh well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -Y|F-Locutus View Post
    Indeed. But XP doesn't have support for dx10, and I don't have vista cause it's too expensive and has a bunch of stuff I don't need. I hear there are cracks to allow dx10 on xp but they are cracks and are thus unreliable and I don't want to totally mess up my box.
    there are no "cracks" to allow DX10 games.

what you might be thinking are the cracks that allow Vista-only games. they are Vista only to make use of Games for Windows Live! games like Halo2. Halo 2 is not a DX10 game.

there's also a claim by a coder that he is making a "wrapper" for DX10 games to run on XP. personally, i don't think it's gonna work out too well... but that's my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Indeed. But XP doesn't have support for dx10, and I don't have vista cause it's too expensive and has a bunch of stuff I don't need. I hear there are cracks to allow dx10 on xp but they are cracks and are thus unreliable and I don't want to totally mess up my box.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    MAC BABY!!! WOOOO! lolz, i love that epic supports lots of platforms, thats why i wove them so much

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Go DX10 if you can afford it. Look at it this way, DX9 is old, DX10 is the new kid on the block.

A DX10 card is going to play DX9 games but a DX9 card wont necessarily play DX10 games. Why limit yourself?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -Y|F-Locutus View Post
    Will UT3 pc be DX10 req or would a DX9 vid card work? I'm currently running a Sapphire Radeon X850 XT and will be upgrading for the release, I've found a few nice cards that are relatively inexpensive and was wondering if i should spend the extra bucks for DX10 support or if I would be okay with DX9.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102093 is a DX9 card i'm looking at, and
    http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16814121082 is a DX10 card i'm looking at too.

What should I go for?

Thanks
    Like a lot of people say, you should wait until the system requirement is released, because if you buy something, but it ends up not working then you're going to regret it. Overall, though, I predict that DX9 will be one of the minimum requirements.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will UT3 pc be DX10 req or would a DX9 vid card work? I'm currently running a Sapphire Radeon X850 XT and will be upgrading for the release, I've found a few nice cards that are relatively inexpensive and was wondering if i should spend the extra bucks for DX10 support or if I would be okay with DX9.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102093 is a DX9 card i'm looking at, and
    http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16814121082 is a DX10 card i'm looking at too.

What should I go for?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Night Shadow View Post
    360, pc later when i get a new one
    How did you find a thread this old, and why did you decide to reply to it!?

It didn't have a response since October 2006 -.-

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Spaz View Post
    Anything but a PC would be wrong...
    Even with ps3 keyboard and mouse? wouldn't it be the same, with the possibility of a slight dip in graphics quality/framerate?

I'll be playing ps3, seeing as currently the fastest computer in my house runs on a celeron m 1.5 ghz (Dont judge me).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DireWolf View Post
    I just dont get why ud buy it on the console it has no advantages.
    There is gna be more servers on the PC, the mouse and keyboard is far superior and the graphics will be at its best on the PC.
    PS3 supports mouse and keyboard as well, and you'll need a ( or more) graphics card that costs like a PS3 to run it at highest quality. I think I'll play on the Mac, but not sure whether it's out in november or later, or I'm still thinking.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Vista Ultimate x64 (PC).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just dont get why ud buy it on the console it has no advantages.
    There is gna be more servers on the PC, the mouse and keyboard is far superior and the graphics will be at its best on the PC.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am getting UT3 for the PC, because I don't plan on spending anything on a new console for a while. Although it would be cool, because I am soo use to playing on the PC with UT2004, it would be a nice change. But, I am also getting it for PC, because of the Warfare mode.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X