Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What platform will you be playing UT2007 on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux (probably in Ubuntu-flavour) ... because if all goes according to plan that will be the next OS on my pc should Epic decide that their game is WinXP-only.

Comment

Given the improvements in hardware for consoles, is there really going to be much of a gameplay-difference from the PC version?

(sorry if I keep asking you Epic guys questions, I like to pick at these things )

Comment

According to what Epic people have said, the PC and Console games will be unique to the platform. Meaning each will make use of the natural abilities of the platform. Neithter will suffer to support the other.

Comment

I'll be getting it for the PC. And honestly you don't NEED a $2000+ computer to play games at a decent level anymore. DIY types can build something good enough to play even the most demanding games for well below that. I built mine for $980, and a year into it this last July upgraded the processor which barely put me at $1200 so far. Even for people who aren't comfortable with building a machine, they could go into any Staples, Best Buy, Circuit City etc., and get a Dual Core X2 based GTW,HP,etc for around $500, and put a decent video card into the PCI express slot for maybe $200. Not much more than a 360 if you think about it. They could save more by repurposing an old CRT which will still look nicer than the High End TV they try to push on Next Gen buyers. Would it be the BEST computer? No, but certainly good enough to run on medium or even high settings, at a decent frame rate. Which would likely be on par with the 360. Certainly fine enough for the family computer that everyone is going to use for every kind of application out there, and way better than a crappy celeron w integrated goat cheese @ $300.
          I think the "Myth" that you need a hardcore gaming rig to play anything hurts the PC more than the console market could ever hope to. Let's also not forget that console gaming isn't that cheap. Figure the GOOD 360 is $400 plus the cost of extra controllers, memory cards, a better Live subscription, not counting the $2000 TV you'd need to make everything look cooler you're already at around $700 (Where our gaming on a budget computer is)
          Now you take that GOOD PS3 at $600 and do the same thing, and you're likely at $900 not counting the $2000 TV. (Well beyond the midrange PC)
          If you throw in the TV well imagine what you could get in a PC w Monitor for the same money. It's not the BIG difference many would like us to believe.
          The only console that would cause the argument to fall apart would be the Wii, in which case the graphics would have to be toned down to just slightly above what UT2k4 currently looks like.
          Anyway I still think it's going to play nicer on the PC, plus you can get a lot more custom content, and make your own with the level, and model editors it will likely ship with.

Comment

Yeah PC's aren't as expensive as they once were. Thanks to AMD; I cannot praise them enough. Also video card prices have dropped and its now possible to get decent cards at $199. Way to go PC Gaming!! All we need now is the Saviour "Unreal Tournament 2007".....

Comment

PC and 360 most definitely. I really have no desire to plunk doen the cash for a PS3.

Comment

Pc!!!

Windows ... XP... then Vista 8-P

Comment

Originally posted by *BareVibes*
                  Yeah PC's aren't as expensive as they once were. Thanks to AMD; I cannot praise them enough.
                  It looks like Intel are actually producing higher quality processors (finally...) for a cheaper price than AMD.

Comment

PC duh! I really wonder how people with gay gamepad "PS3" will be able to compete with PC users. They'll totaly get raped for sure.

Epic better not ruin the gameplay to balance things with those BS consoles...

Comment

xbox 360 and then PC PC has always been better than consols (no surpies)
                      but i need a new computer not a new laptop to play (doom 3 and laptops don't mix!)

Comment

Hopefully my PC.

Comment

So UT07 is coming out on 360?

But I'd get it for PS3 because my barely runs 04 and I don't really know why I don't upgrade it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim-Tim
                            So UT07 is coming out on 360?

But I'd get it for PS3 because my barely runs 04 and I don't really know why I don't upgrade it.
                            Umm wtf it never been confirmed that it would come on Xbox 360. It's suppose to be PC first, then PS3 and that's it. Gears of War is X360 only but it's been said that there might be a port to make it on PC. It would be very bs if they don't put it on PC.

You should just upgrade your computer. Hardware is getting pretty cheap now. The CPU that you would get at 350$ is now 180$ and very high end 3dcards of 450-500$ have got really cheap since like a week. Quickly said here's what I could recommand you, in Canadian prices.

- 120$ Motherboard DFI or Asus.
                            - Sapphire Radeon X1900XT 256Mb 300$
                            - AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ 180$
                            - OCZ memory, 100$ per Gb.
                            - Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic at 120$ for best audio, else an Audigy 1-2 to get much better than onboard for not a lot of $

Comment

Originally posted by PiNoYPrOjEcT
                              Why do you expect Gears of War to come to PC but not UT2007 on XBOX 360?
                              Epic loves the PC gaming community, I'm not saying that UT2007 wouldn't come out on the 360 but its just not AS likely as Gears of War to come to PC. I don't really care about the 360 but the chance is probably good, considering the size of the 360 online community and UT series being a very big online game.

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerIV
                                Umm wtf it never been confirmed that it would come on Xbox 360. It's suppose to be PC first, then PS3 and that's it. Gears of War is X360 only but it's been said that there might be a port to make it on PC. It would be very bs if they don't put it on PC.

You should just upgrade your computer. Hardware is getting pretty cheap now. The CPU that you would get at 350$ is now 180$ and very high end 3dcards of 450-500$ have got really cheap since like a week. Quickly said here's what I could recommand you, in Canadian prices.

- 120$ Motherboard DFI or Asus.
                                - Sapphire Radeon X1900XT 256Mb 300$
                                - AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ 180$
                                - OCZ memory, 100$ per Gb.
                                - Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic at 120$ for best audio, else an Audigy 1-2 to get much better than onboard for not a lot of $

See I'd totally do that, but I rarely play games on my PC. I've allways played a majority of my games on a console. But bit by bit I've started to love the idea of using my PC.

Nonetheless I wuvz my Unreal Tournaments.

Comment

Working...
                                X