Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What platform will you be playing UT2007 on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be upgrading just in time for release (whenever that is) so yeah... PC.

The pole speaks for itself.

Comment

Never Again.

Originally posted by p2xelgen
      Ya but I'm sure the console version will have its plus points. I think Mark said that on the PS3 version they will be making more Vehicles based maps, as use a vehicle is a simple Affair with the pad and all.
      My fear with consoles is that UT will be screwed over when it comes to gameplay. I don't want a shred of UT's gameplay being diluted by console influence. It's what gave us the half-***** mess that was UT2003.

I havn't got a problem with a console version per se, but I'd rather Epic made UT a PC only game, and then gave the console players the half-***** port for once. The PC version should get absolute priority.

Comment

I vote for linux however it will run on Slackware & Windows (if theres a Port i suggest there is one)

Comment

Originally posted by Selerox
          My fear with consoles is that UT will be screwed over when it comes to gameplay. I don't want a shred of UT's gameplay being diluted by console influence. It's what gave us the half-***** mess that was UT2003.
          As for the PC market, it just ant there. Year on year the PC market continues to fall, if you’re a gamer why pay £800/$1400 on a PC when consoles are far lower in price and the rang of games goes much deeper.

Epic needs to make big bucks on this one, spending 10mil plus on their flagship title is a lot. They’re going to need to expand their markets and open a few doors, i.e. PS3/360/Wii?. I can see a day when epic will have to drop PC altogether if things go on the way they are...

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE--
          INTEL

Comment

Originally posted by Ward
            I'm probably going to get it for both the pc and the PS2, just like I did with the original UT. Those fights against my brother in UT (PS2) still holds a warm spot in my heart
            Some how I don't think a PS2 will be able to handle UT 2007...

Comment

Originally posted by StalwartUK
              Personally UT's a PC series and hardly anyone around here seems to be getting it for a console from the looks of things anyway...
              This is due to the fact that must people who play consoles don’t hang around on forums. Well they do but not as much and as this is mainly a PC fan base here, that’s why the pole is like it is. I think the consol version will sell just as well as the PC if not better.

Comment

A Mac Pro.

Comment

I think its quiet poitnless to play on ps or 360 because its much more eayser to aim and move with keyboard&mouse also ut roots are still in pc so pc 4ever for arena fast arena games

Comment

Either PC or (if it comes out) Xbox 360.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamburger
                      This is due to the fact that must people who play consoles don’t hang around on forums. Well they do but not as much and as this is mainly a PC fan base here, that’s why the pole is like it is. I think the consol version will sell just as well as the PC if not better.
                      Or maybe, because it is only annouced for PS3 and anyone who would spend the money for that is pretty un-aware of the lack of titles.

PC ftw and if it is announced for 360, i will pick it up there as well.

Also, i think the you should check out the gears of war section. Full of console players (more people there than any other section.)

If UT2007 gets announced for 360 i will be an incredibly happy camper!

Comment

Originally posted by Spaz
                        Anything but a PC would be wrong...
                        Truth, in its entirety.

Comment

Originally posted by Nirvelli
                          Truth, in its entirety.
                          QFT QFT (had to repeat it, due to 10 character minimum requirement)

Comment

Originally posted by p2xelgen
                            As for the PC market, it just ant there. Year on year the PC market continues to fall, if you’re a gamer why pay £800/$1400 on a PC when consoles are far lower in price and the rang of games goes much deeper.

Epic needs to make big bucks on this one, spending 10mil plus on their flagship title is a lot. They’re going to need to expand their markets and open a few doors, i.e. PS3/360/Wii?. I can see a day when epic will have to drop PC altogether if things go on the way they are...

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE--
                            INTEL
                            More and more PCs are getting integrated graphics from reputable manufactures. Hell even the 400$ (canadian, mouse/keyboard/monitor included) computer we sell at WalMart has nVidia-based graphics.

Obviously I wouldn't play games on it, but if someone buys them its not necessarily a lost market.

Comment

Originally posted by FrostBiteEST
                              I think its quiet poitnless to play on ps or 360 because its much more eayser to aim and move with keyboard&mouse also ut roots are still in pc so pc 4ever for arena fast arena games
                              True, but alot of people would rather get a console since it is cheaper then upgrading to play this monster of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenspeed
                                True, but alot of people would rather get a console since it is cheaper then upgrading to play this monster of a game.
                                very true, look at Gears of War, you will need a beefy PC to play it and the 360 is only 400$

Comment

Working...
                                X