Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

SAVE OUR BOMBING RUN 4 ut2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I so liked BR, I wish they can keep it. Was one of my fav modes.

Comment

ShredPrince, I so loved OD with a passion. True, it was basically free-for-all BR, but it was just so crazy and fun.

Why is epic removing gametypes? Don't you realize that whether some people love it or hate it, it adds to the overall lifespan of the game. Being modded back in as a mutator or not, doesn't it show that epic doesn't care?

But I know why they were taken out, SPECIFIC SERVERS for each gametype. Which is a bad idea (but that statement is pointless, because that has been seen), hence why we have no more DOM and BR. Regardless of whether you like Halo 2 or not, you have to give credit where credit is due. They did gametypes perfectly. Anyone that plays Halo will agree. Nobody goes into a game specifically for a certain gametype, there is a list of gametypes for each matchmaking "server" in the game. You go into a game not knowing if you will be playing CTF, Oddball, Plasma Punchout, ect.... And whether or not you want to admit it, that is a better system than the current. It adds to the overall versatility of the game and MAKES people play gametypes they would not play unless they intended to search for it specifically.

People complain about OD, Dom, DDom, BR. In the end what do you have? DM, CTF and ONS? Thats crazy! I thought UT was suppose to be the game that vastly differenciated itself from other FPS's. Where is that substancial difference now? [sarcasm]Oh wait I forgot, no other FPS in history has DM and CTF modes.....[/sarcasm]. And some people are gonna be happy that the gametypes have been removed. But then they get modded back in (hopefully), and then where are we? We are back at square 1.

So.....................I'm confused honestly..........

Comment

to me ut was never the game that tried to be different no matter what, but a solid fast-paced fps game.

get the core right. thats my wish for 2k7.

Comment

i liked BR very much. it was funny to pass other players the ball, you had to protect the player who has the bomb and so on... but i had never a good ping to a server, maybe because i live in europe so we played that only on LANs...

Comment

Originally posted by Selerox
            More gametypes means a split community. Virtually no-one played BR. If you want it, mod it.
            The idea behind BR was good, it was just horribly designed.

Go play deathball. Take the control/physics of the ball, and the teamwork, then make it work with weapons and BR will be extremely fun. Btw, making it like CTF it will fail horribly, like it already has. It has to be about shooting the ball and passing it to team mates. NOT a reverse ctf where instead of a flag you have a bomb.

Everytime you recieve the ball, you have to feel like a star athelite ready to do something insane to make the play of the week on ESPN. What does that mean though, in BR?

For instance.. Hitting a jump pad, a team mate sets you the alley oop (considering the ball actually passes with some mustard this time) recieving it, charging your shot while under heavy fire midair. Shooting the ball right past the defense and sneaking it by the goalie to a GOOOOAAAAALL.

People start running around their rooms taking off their shirts and waving them in the a... Ok I'm going overboard. But if BR was a little more like DB, it would've had a strong community.

Comment

we have a BR community plattform but none have interesting atm for us
              it would be nice when br fans our site supporting ( www.BombingRun.org )

Comment

Is there any word yet on what game modes are going to be in UT2007?

DM, CTF, the new "ONS" thing, etc? Personally, I loved the concept of Assault, but oh well, jeez, look at how many game modes that is already...

Comment

Man, some of you people really should be ashamed of yourselves. Just because *you* don't play a certain gametype doesn't mean others don't. As for "BR being dead" you could not be farther from the truth. Just off the top of my head, I can think of at least 200 people I see on a near daily basis in IGBR. 14 servers with the NBL settings and more people coming in every day.

Before you go begging for something to be killed off, check if others are actually playing it.

If you don't like it, don't play it. Why would it matter to any of you whether other people are having fun and weekly competitions? There are gametypes I don't like within the game. You won't hear me saying "I don't play it, so remove it" Many flavors is the spice of life.

As for multiple gametypes splitting the community. I think the most valid argument is that without those many game types, the game itself would be dead by now. Having the ability to switch to another gametype when I become burned out on another is the reason I've been playing this game for 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by (A.S.S)Phydeu
                    Man, some of you people really should be ashamed of yourselves. Just because *you* don't play a certain gametype doesn't mean others don't.
                    There aren't many players which play bombing run anyway. If it really is that popular a team will make a mod for it, but I don't think that Epic should waste their time developing bombing run for that few who do play it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scylla View Post
                      There aren't many players which play bombing run anyway. If it really is that popular a team will make a mod for it, but I don't think that Epic should waste their time developing bombing run for that few who do play it.
                      In before 1 million replies.

Comment

I've played bombing run, and it's quite fun, but the "ratings" of the game mode are indeed quite low, so it doesn't really matter if I like BR or not. It's very fun, but if Epic and the other game developers can come up with something even better I say go for it!!!

And to restate something which was already said, people will make Bombing Run mods anyway, so no need to worry .

Comment

Br just had a batch of bad maps and zero exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post
                            I didnt mind gemfeeder that was pretty fun, I should really play it more but Im big on 3tdm atm
                            Since you mention Gemfeeder, allow me to second this. Anyone who likes BR will like Gemfeeder. If Gemfeeder is reincarnated for 2k7, I'll be more than satisfied.

As for the idea that Jailbreak would be the first mod to get an official version, I refer to you UT's "Frag Ball" mod. That's the mod that became Bombing Run, and was far superior to it. Another mod that might have been part of the seed of Bombing Run was "Boomball": a single bomb spawns in the middle of the map, and you deliver it to the opponent's base. Similarly, the mod "Overload" was basically Onslaught with just 2 cores. Onslaught worked well, BR obviously was more of a niche offering, and, as a fan of Frag Ball, I have to say I always thought Bombing Run was a bit of a letdown.

I'd be interested in an "official" Jailbreak mod, just to see what Epic does with the idea. But they'd be hard-pressed to beat the mod in any way, considering the Arena idea and all.

Comment

BR is one of my favorite gametypes (I should check out DeathBall too since everyone exclaims that it's better.)

Forget all the LowGrav, InstaGib crap, I go to Crazy Uncle Bob's server for good-old fashioned BR. People usually start filling in at 9:00 PM-ish and are actually good at it.

Yes, it is sad that there is a very small community for BR, but if people are bringing it back as a mod, I'm happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hedge-o-Matic View Post
                                As for the idea that Jailbreak would be the first mod to get an official version, I refer to you UT's "Frag Ball" mod. That's the mod that became Bombing Run, and was far superior to it. Another mod that might have been part of the seed of Bombing Run was "Boomball": a single bomb spawns in the middle of the map, and you deliver it to the opponent's base. Similarly, the mod "Overload" was basically Onslaught with just 2 cores. Onslaught worked well, BR obviously was more of a niche offering, and, as a fan of Frag Ball, I have to say I always thought Bombing Run was a bit of a letdown.
                                Man, you captured my sentiment right there. The first thing that crossed my mind when I played BR was, "Epic borrowed the Frag Ball concept and downgraded it." Frag Ball was indeed a couple of notches above BR. And it had some innovative maps to boot. Some of those maps were my all-time favorites of any game or game mode. That was a killer mod.

Comment

Working...
                                X