Sheilds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheilds

I don't know about you, but I hate the sheild effects in the recent ut games.
    When I shoot someone, I want to see them hurt, not see them give off a weird glow like i'm attacking a glowstick.

Hopefully the armor will actually be armor and not gay glowing sheilds...
    feed me opinions people.

To be honest I liked the effect, it is a shieldbelt after all hehe its the pshh sound I didnt really like.

Comment

Hmm. yeah, the sound is kind of annoying too. at least it's not as bad as Q3's happy "pink!" noise. My god that used to **** me.

Comment

lmao, yeah I always hated that myself. Lucky everything else in q3 made up for it

Comment

if you have the shield belt on then yes the effect should be there, however in my opinion when you only have lets say body armor on then i think you should not have the effect and if you hit an area that isnt protected by said armor you should take full damage. i also think they should add "bonus" damage spots on people ie:croch(male only), knee caps, heart, kidney, elbow joint. you catch my drift if you get hit in the arm you should notice that your accuracy starts to degenerate, hit in the knee, you start moving slower and should notice a limp in the stride. thats just my 2 cents.

Comment

I mostly hate the sound, but the effect really doesn't look good either.

Balistic weapons' armor effect and sound are MUCH better.

Comment

if you have the shield belt on then yes the effect should be there, however in my opinion when you only have lets say body armor on then i think you should not have the effect and if you hit an area that isnt protected by said armor you should take full damage. i also think they should add "bonus" damage spots on people ie:croch(male only), knee caps, heart, kidney, elbow joint. you catch my drift if you get hit in the arm you should notice that your accuracy starts to degenerate, hit in the knee, you start moving slower and should notice a limp in the stride. thats just my 2 cents.
              Good ideas, but I doubt they'll actually implement anything that complex for a multiplayer game for a few years at least.
              SINGLEPLAYER on the other hand... have you played Soldier of Fortune 2?

Comment

ironically, yes at computer club at my old high school, but thats besides the point. there is still pleanty of time to impement ideas such as mine, we already have the classic headshot, shouldn't be that much harder to implement other weakspots. and the ballistics wep mod i have and the armor effect and sound is pretty darn good (holds rail gun with pride.)

Comment

Haw can I argue with the ballistic weapons mod. *bows*

Comment

ballistic?
                    some more ideas: replace the rocket launcher by a law, call the necris terrorists, put wheels under the hover boards, make weapons jam, implement smoke grenades and put up gas stations... now let's call the game... ...counterstr...battlef...tactica...
                    err... no.

Comment

lol, yeah, totally.

Comment

first off the shield effect is very lame, it just doesnt resonate that feeling of reality, i concur with {SM}LeadSniper if there is no apparent armor in a certain place then your shots should to normal damage. By the Way the whole idea of point specific damage is a great idea and i doubt it would be that hard to do, but im betting that epic wont integrate that idea, we modders will have to do that... and im not to savy with mutators but that would be the best way to do it (just so its optional for people).

but if you guys hate the shield effect, hopefully youll agree with this... i hate when your characters damage isnt visually displayed to everyone. what do i mean.... remember golden eye, when you shot someone you would actually see blood on the character and it stayed for quite some time. Bleeding would be cooler thing to see when it actually displays on the character rather than a emitter spawned to throw blood and then disapate.

we need ... for lack of a better word BATTLE SCARRING. so you can visually asertain someones health via thier characters texture, when bathed in blood, burn marks from a rocket hit, or glowing marks from shock rifle shots stay long enough to see how much **** they have been through.

Comment

Woh cares about "Reality" in UT.
                          The Belt makes UT to UT , and that goes for the Amp too.
                          I think UT should stay the way it is and the way it was.

Comment

i want to be able to see if someone has belt or not, before you start shooting them, again.
                            Also it would be nice if all the weapons would get a little bit stronger (just raise the dmg for every weapon an equal amount of %, so the balance wont be too borked) so t wont take 3 times longer to kill someone thats armored up than in UT99 anymore.

gotta love the beltbug \o/

Comment

It's useful to be able to tell if an opponent still has shield left. i.e. if while you're shooting them it's still causing them to glow you know they will take a fair amount of damage yet, if you see blood spurts you know they are out of shield and should die soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X