AVRiL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unbalanced boredom ? why ?
    the better team wins, even if it had a bad start the better team will manage to come back. ONS roxx.

Comment

Originally posted by m1cky
      ONS roxx.
      Not with maps like we had in UT2k4 (xept dawn and maybe frost).

Comment

AVRiL never felt right. The way it locks on is annoying for both the driver and the person firing it; it's pretty hard (impossible?) to shake and really isn't that satisfying. if it made a louder impact noise and traveled faster but didn't have the noobish autoaim-style locking, I'd love it. Otherwise, I'd really prefer that they don't have any vehicle-specific weapon since having everybody use a single designated weapon against vehicles is boring, it's a lot more interesting when people are getting shock kills on the Raptor, flak dance-arounds on the Goliath, fun stuff like that. The AVRiL is the boredom of sniping without any of the satisfaction or skill.

Also, people using AVRiL's against nodes got annoying.

Comment

The thing I didn't like about the avril is that when you wan't to get a lock on a fast vehicle that aprouches you, the avril get's totally wacko and starts flying at random directions. Also sometimes when the person who shot the avril is out of sight, the missle keeps tracking you for a very short ammount of time what not supposed to be happening. Appart from that I think it's an ok weapon.

Comment

I hope they fix the missle lock on bug.

Comment

Originally posted by hybrid
              I have heard that rocket launcher will have ability to lock on vehicles
              it would add some speed to game instead of switching between avril/rocket
              this would actualy be a terrible idea, i can see it now, im fighting "joebob" for a node and i have my rocket launcher out, i go to kill him and my rocket inadvertinly locks onto some other vehicle in the distance, thus making me die....

avril must stay, it would be nice if they fixed the messed up lock on it, but they cant increase the speed of the rocket, if they do it would overpower it compared to vechicles. its a good balance right now, it just has locking issues, and wayway to big cross hairs

Comment

The Rocket Launcher can already lock on to vehicles.

Personally I'd prefer it if players didn't need the Avril, but unless there are some changes in how the basic arsenal performs against vehicles it's probably needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wail of Suicide
                  The Rocket Launcher can already lock on to vehicles.

Personally I'd prefer it if players didn't need the Avril, but unless there are some changes in how the basic arsenal performs against vehicles it's probably needed.
                  Yeah it locks on to vehicles in '04, but after keeping your crosshair on it for 3 seconds, not instantly like the AVRiL.
                  Originally posted by placebo
                  it's pretty hard (impossible?) to shake and really isn't that satisfying..... The AVRiL is the boredom of sniping without any of the satisfaction or skill.
                  It's not hard to shake at all if you're close to the player firing it. I circle people all the time and their AVRiLs can't hit. Approaching at a certain angle and speed will get them to loose the lock many times also. The better players either never use the secondary lock and track with the vehicle, or they use shock or best weapon for the situation. It's only impossible to get away from the rocket when you're farther away from the player firing. That's when you have to use your terrain or find a different approach.

Comment

Originally posted by SleightOfHand
                    Yeah it locks on to vehicles in '04, but after keeping your crosshair on it for 3 seconds, not instantly like the AVRiL.

It's not hard to shake at all if you're close to the player firing it. I circle people all the time and their AVRiLs can't hit. Approaching at a certain angle and speed will get them to loose the lock many times also. The better players either never use the secondary lock and track with the vehicle, or they use shock or best weapon for the situation. It's only impossible to get away from the rocket when you're farther away from the player firing. That's when you have to use your terrain or find a different approach.
                    Yep, AVRiL is not hard to avoid at all.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooPriest
                      I love you.

Actually I'm just pointing out the weaknesses of UT2004 and I'm trying to find out if they carry them over to UT2007. So far Epic has not stated how they are going to change/improve the core gameplay or let's say ONS. And there is a lot room for improvement. We only keep hearing: More vehicles, more vehicles, graphics, graphics.... But whatever happens I will give UT2k7 a fair, objective and extensive shot and judge then.

To use your ONS statement: If you don't like my posts, no one forces you to play.. ah read them.

Obviously you haven't been reading the forum, because epic has already adressed a large portion of the issues in ut2k4, and they take a lot of flak for it too. Take for instance the dodge jump.

Comment

Originally posted by TWD
                        Obviously you haven't been reading the forum, because epic has already adressed a large portion of the issues in ut2k4, and they take a lot of flak for it too.
                        OMGOMG they're taking out the Flak! OMGOMG I'm not playing UT ewver again!!12

Comment

Originally posted by PiNoYPrOjEcT
                          I just hope AVRiL isn't the ONLY weapon that you can use to destroy vehicles. That weapon is getting overused. I just wish I could just use a regular rocket launcher to destroy those vehicles.
                          I do not think that it is overused to kill people in vehicles. It is mostly used to distract vehicle drivers.

Comment

Top 3 ways of killing a vehicle imo;

Shockrifle prim,
                            Flak Prim.
                            Rox

Those are by far the most worrying weapons to me when I'm in a vehicle, and in conjuction with the shockball stopping you in your tracks, the shock is by far the best vehicle killer in the game.

Comment

Pretty much the only time I use Avril's is when I'm trying to take out a tank or Paladin and I want to hide behind some terrain to avoid getting killed. Fire the Avril into the air above the target and then pop my head out and use the lock to kill it.

Against everything else it's shock, lightning, rockets, or flak (in more or less that order).

A good Manta driver can be a pain in the **** to lock on to. And the Avril is too slow to be of any use against a Raptor or Circadia unless you happen to be in exactly the right position terrain-wise.

I don't mind the Avril being in the game, but I'd like it to be a bit more useful than it is at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X