AVRiL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AVRiL?

Simple question will the AVRiL return in UT2k7? I never saw it in any of the movies.

I personally would like the gameplay tweaked so that there is no need for the AVRiL which I found boring.

they said it would be returning. also you CANNOT have vehicles without some sort of counter measure. the AVRiL is that counter measure. I mean it harkens back to the real world. you want to go up against an m1-a1 tank with just an ak-47 or even a pistol? no. you get a rocket launcher that is designed specifically to pierce armour and such. it is a bit of the real in the UNREAL universe.

Comment

Yes...The following weapons will be in the game.

Rocket Launcher - As in UT2004 and Unreal Championship 2, the Rocket Launcher can load up to three rockets at once.
      Flak Cannon
      Redeemer
      Link Gun
      Shock Rifle
      AVRiL - Expected to appear in all vehicular gametypes (Onslaught, Unreal Warfare, CTF), expect the Anti-Vehicular Rocket Launcher to be similar to its UT2004 predecessor.
      Sniper Rifle - Expect something similar to UT2004's Sniper Rifle rather than UT2003's Lightning Gun.
      Dual Enforcers - The favorite from the original UT makes its return.
      Impact Hammer - UT's mining tool turned melée weapon returns in UT2007.
      Stinger - First seen in the original Unreal, then later in Unreal Championship 2, this Minigun-replacement fires shards of deadly tarydium at your opponents.
      Canister Gun - Incorporates the Sticky Grenade Launcher, Spider Mine Layer and Bio Rifle. Fires different projectiles depending on the ammo available to the player.
      Target Painter - Epic plans to allow the Target Painter to control level-specific hazards in UT2007.

http://www.beyondunreal.com/main/ut2007/about.php

Comment

We have pretty much also confirmed that the Rocket Launcher also tosses grenades when used secondary.

Comment

I love the AVRiL!!!

Comment

I think we need the AVRiL still. But hopefully the crosshair won't block the whole vehicle you're trying to hit like in '04, or have the lock actually stick better for those pesky Mantas.

Comment

this game will suck

Comment

such a pessimist

you've not played it, you cannot judge how good this game will be yet.

on a side not i thin it'l be good ^^

avril is realy needed as an anti-vehicle weapons, but it can also be used in meleee quite effectively

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooPriest
                  Simple question will the AVRiL return in UT2k7? I never saw it in any of the movies.

I personally would like the gameplay tweaked so that there is no need for the AVRiL which I found boring.
                  Lately, you have been posting annoying topics and posts pointing out how bad this game is and how to improve it, its good, but I think its a bit too much to judge the game just by looking on the videos and say its bad and need to improve here there blah blah blah.

Comment

I have heard that rocket launcher will have ability to lock on vehicles
                    it would add some speed to game instead of switching between avril/rocket

Comment

Originally posted by hybrid
                      I have heard that rocket launcher will have ability to lock on vehicles
                      it would add some speed to game instead of switching between avril/rocket
                      I love you.

Originally posted by Hanji
                      Lately, you have been posting annoying topics and posts pointing out how bad this game is and how to improve it, its good, but I think its a bit too much to judge the game just by looking on the videos and say its bad and need to improve here there blah blah blah.
                      Actually I'm just pointing out the weaknesses of UT2004 and I'm trying to find out if they carry them over to UT2007. So far Epic has not stated how they are going to change/improve the core gameplay or let's say ONS. And there is a lot room for improvement. We only keep hearing: More vehicles, more vehicles, graphics, graphics.... But whatever happens I will give UT2k7 a fair, objective and extensive shot and judge then.

To use your ONS statement: If you don't like my posts, no one forces you to play.. ah read them.

Comment

Originally posted by happycat
                        We have pretty much also confirmed that the Rocket Launcher also tosses grenades when used secondary.
                        No, Grenades are confirmed... ...but not with secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooPriest
                          I love you.

Actually I'm just pointing out the weaknesses of UT2004 and I'm trying to find out if they carry them over to UT2007. So far Epic has not stated how they are going to change/improve the core gameplay or let's say ONS. And there is a lot room for improvement. We only keep hearing: More vehicles, more vehicles, graphics, graphics.... But whatever happens I will give UT2k7 a fair, objective and extensive shot and judge then.

To use your ONS statement: If you don't like my posts, no one forces you to play.. ah read them.
                          I'm pretty sure Epic dont need you're help in improving their games. So far they are doing a superb job in UT07 as far as the movies show.

Comment

avril rocks... Makes it much easier to get rid off the tons of manta whores.

Comment

Originally posted by Shooks`
                              I'm pretty sure Epic dont need you're help in improving their games. So far they are doing a superb job in UT07 as far as the movies show.
                              movies don't tell you if the gameplay will "work" or not. we had some nifty shiny ut2004 movies but ons gameplay turned out as pure unbalanced boredom

Comment

Working...
                              X