Good Single Player Experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Single Player Experience?

Would anyone else like to have a decent single player campaign with this game?

I am not talking about instant action or just going through playing a 1v1 ladder against the characters either.I mean an actual mission based single player experience with a storyline and objective(s) maybe a mixture of the best gametypes or something along those lines.This way first timers could get a little taste of the gametypes available.

With most shooters I have played I must admit,I enjoy playing this part first.It helps players new to the game to familiarize themselves with weps,movement,and scenery.By the time you have completed the single player portion you should feel comfortable enough with things to move on to multiplayer.

I feel UT has always lacked in this area and with all of the competition out there they should really include this.It may help to attract people that have never played any UT or do not know how kick *** this game is.

I know the payoff for this game is the multiplayer and I would buy it for that alone in a second.I just thought it may help bring newcomers and offer a little more bang for our buck.

Don't expect it out-of-the-box, but there will probably be modders that will create it themselves.

Comment

A single player requires a lot of work. A funnier tournament is all I would ask. Anyway, I think they already have something in mind, if not already in progress.

Instant action is all the single player I want, with better AI. This is a pure multiplayer game to me, a good single player stuff would require too much work and not enough will play it long, its not really worth it IMO.

But thats my opinion.

Comment

I really don't care.
        I think most people that do are... well... offline.

Comment

I don't really mind. If there's good single player then I'll play it. If there isn't I'll probably still play it just to see what it is like.

I mainly care about multi player

Comment

I would like good singel player but storyline wont really matters ladder is enough!!! Maybe some cutseens and better static form other teams!!!
            And in only singelplayer there could be racial speciality ect jug have more vit!!!
            Egypt have good faith(They fight well till end) and so on

Comment

Also, the skill levels have to work.

I'd like to see a great single player experience, but also:

A) It needs to be one which explains the game. New player need to learn the basics. A good single player game will have this included.

B) It needs to encourage players to step up to the next level to play the game online.

Comment

I will probably only at the beginning try out a few things in the singleplayer and maybe even finish the ladder as I also did with UT2004 but I don't really bother about a storyline. I think they should not waste to much time with that and instead fully concentrate on the multiplayer.

Comment

I like a good story, so ya a good singleplayer experience would be A1...

Comment

Someone from Epic told us that most of the copies of UT2004 they sold have never played online.

This makes it a big deal for them to get right.

I have absolutely no interest in offline play. Personally I'd be quite happy without it included because however good it is it's just not going to be other people. I like fragging other people online. Particularly in a friendly server with a bit of chat and banter.

Comment

I play the unreal series because of the online factor, I actually disliked first person shooters a lot before I discovered the online world, but I always force myself to beat every game I own, and online you're never really finished, so I'd like the sp to be decent enough not to make me curse at myself for playing the sp in the first place

previous sp parts were quite dull

Comment

Originally posted by iLL
                        Would anyone else like to have a decent single player campaign with this game?
                        Definately, but I doubt it'll happen out of the box. (I'd be shocked if it did actually)

Originally posted by iLL
                        I feel UT has always lacked in this area and with all of the competition out there they should really include this.It may help to attract people that have never played any UT or do not know how kick *** this game is.
                        Well, there's always Unreal.. UT was essentially just an extention of the MP part of Unreal, and iirc, at the time there was a massive brugh-ha-ha about this upstart game coming out that (gasp) you could only play if you had a net connection, nowadays it's the norm just about.

I gotta admit, back in '98 (it was announced in '98, released in '99, no?) I thought it'd never work, heh heh, words/eating-my/etc..

Anywhoo, back o/t; Ok, let's just pretend that Unreal2 never happened, and so on that basis there was never a single player game based around the current engine, the best thing going atm is SuperApe's Old Skool Monsta Tools for 2K4 if you want a user-made SP game (like team vortex' ONP pack for UT99), and I can see something similar for 2K7 if we want a full SP game.

I mean, we're all going on about how we want this, and we want that, hell, we expect them to write a full single player shooter on top of everything else?

Originally posted by iLL
                        I know the payoff for this game is the multiplayer and I would buy it for that alone in a second.
                        I just thought it may help bring newcomers and offer a little more bang for our buck.
                        Agreed with your first point entirely. As to the second, I agree as well, but personally I think ****** the newcomers, I just want more bang!

Comment

I play a solid mix of offline and online so a solid offline experience is very important to me. I enjoy playing online but sometimes I want to just beat up on the bots and feel untouchable, or play a match where everyone is godlike but me. Most of the people I know never play it online, the consensus is always that they play video games to get away from people and the drama that comes with them. I can't say I blame if you stop and think what public servers can be like sometimes.

To quote an earlier post of mine: "I still contend UT AI will not be perfect until I can talk smack and hear it dynamically come back at me, play a match against a bot then take him out for a virtual drink afterward to make amends for hurting his feelings."

Comment

I think it's gonna look like the storyline they had for Unreal Championship 2. Nothing that special, but something to keep you going.

Comment

**** guys UT is a multiplayer game, including a single player mod in it is only a bonus. to tell the truth im playing the series since UT99 and ive never touched the single player not even once, only instant action or practice mod in UT99 when i couldent play online.

I personally would prefer UT2k7 to have no single player mod, I would prefer that EPIC would put more effort on the maps design and gameplay issues then the single player which most of the players dont even play.

I think its totally unnessecary.

Comment

Working...
                              X