Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would necris be using the same hand held weps as axon if they got diff tech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would necris be using the same hand held weps as axon if they got diff tech?

[ot]hey, the 10 char limit can be bypassed by using a single smiley![/ot]

yea, good point. Perhaps the looks will change a bit in the future?

Comment

Because they're standard issue weapons all across the galaxy?

Why do so many nations use the Ak47 and its variants? Because it's cheap, well constructed, reliable and easily mass produced. The same could be said for Axon weapons.

Comment

It's called balance...

Comment

Originally posted by Monster w/21 Faces

Why do so many nations use the Ak47 and its variants? Because it's cheap, well constructed, reliable and easily mass produced. The same could be said for Axon weapons.
          You know, I'm getting annoyed at how you post your answer. I don't know why, but your annoying me......

Comment

lol he does have a point, although it would be impossible to make dif wepons since it would have to coinside with your charecter and if your on team blue im sure its going to be mixed up half nec half axon, and then there would be like 93884749 wepons laying around cause they would have to double the wepons and double the ammo....

and then comes the extreamly dificult part of trying to balance all the wepons but be difrent at the same time would be nearly impossible, scratch that it would be impossible cause the sec one person got beat he would blame it on the wepons...even though it may not have been

but he has a point, if they have difrent vehicles, and difrent weponry on the vehicles, and difrent clothing and or armor on there models, they obviously they should have difrent wepons as well.

maybe a good idea for epic to do is have all the wepons shoot the same exact stuff. but give any nec player a much grunger run down wepon model instead. so sure a shockrifle would look like a shock rifel for axon models. but if you were a nec model u would have a difrent looking model, and it would look broken, rundown, and dirty. but it would still function exaclty the same way a shock rifle would function. imo thats better, and much more plausable.

Comment

Originally posted by Hanji
              You know, I'm getting annoyed at how you post your answer. I don't know why, but your annoying me......
              You're not your. Please, enlighten me, what seems to be the problem?

Is it because I sound annoyed? If that's the case then you're right, I am annoyed, I'm annoyed by all these little questions that really need no answer because they really are unimportant. 'OH MY GOSH WHY DOES MALCOLM HAVE A HELMET?', 'WHY DO ALL THE TEAMS USE THE SAME WEAPONS?'.

They're mind numbing in their unimportance. If this were a single player story driven game then fine, they might have a place here, but this is an online death match based FPSer. All these things really aren't important enough to warrant their own thread, especially considering how little we actually know about the game. All will be revealed in good time.

Comment

You shouldn't say you some one ennoys you, just because you feel that they ennoy you, especially since you don't even know why he ennoys you. Plus you just gonna make him ****** off at you. Back on the topic, I thought about this myself before the thread was created, but I just thought that Epic already has much pressure creating two completely different sets of vehilces, which are supposed to be complitely different in every way, and still be balanced...

Comment

I would agree, with the additional idea that Liandri decide the weapon and vehicle load-out for each tournament. Liandri decided to add more vehicles as an option (most likely an option anyway), but they decided that all competitors should be limited to one standardised weapon load-out consisting of weapons from throughout the galaxy.

Or whatever

Comment

Indeed, it's like branded sport equipment in international sports.

Axom make the weapons, they sponsor the gladiators, they run the tournament and they sell military hardware. Why shouldn't the tournament be a giant bill board for their other business ventures?

Comment

Creating different vehicles already makes balancing them a really hard task, but vehicles are already easier to balance than weapons, IMO. No matter what they have weak and fast vehicles, medium and relatively powerfull vehicles, and heavy massive destruction vehicles so slow they are better used against big target...

I mean its easier to balance them than weapons. Most games where both side have differents weapons ends up being unbalanced and there is always a team stronger than the other in most situation.

Comment

But then warfare isn't about balance. Afterall each team has different objectives throughout the match. Not to mention the maps aren't asymmetrical.

Comment

Indeed, it's like branded sport equipment in international sports.
                          W00t adidas linkgun ftw

Comment

lol it's called Liandri sponsoring the tournaments

Comment

Liandri, Axom and Izanagi all sponsor the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                              X