This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2K7 SPMA - clear screenshot

I haven't been able to find a clear image of the SPMA here, and there was a good view in the new trailer so here's a screencap.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vectorspace/SPMA.jpg

It's a half-track now, interesting... The Leviathan got the SPMA's 6-wheel wheelbase and the SPMA got to become a half-track. Also, another originally open-cab vehicle now made fully enclosed, like the Scorpion and Hellbender (not counting rear turret) before it.

They did say the Axon vehicles were militaristic in design (compared to the 'out-of-the-box' Necris vehicles), and from that standpoint it would make more sense for them to be enclosed to protect the crew. Interesting that they went the other direction with the Leviathan, making the turret gunners exposed (not counting their mini-Paladin shields).

I think the only other 'image' was in/from the other low quality video that was released a while ago.

I wonder why they made it a half-track? Not that half-tracks are bad or anything, just a bit odd. Although, tracks can take more load than wheels and it also has to deploy before firing, so I wonder if that means the gun is more powerful or if it's just to make it seem more powerful? (not to mention stopping the recoil moving the vehicle itself)

The secondary weapon looks less like a skmine launcher this time, assuming that 'sticky up' bit at the front is the secondary weapon.

Comment

I like the halftrack deal, I also like the little stabilizers that fold down, nice touch.

Comment

hmmmmmmm that actually reveals alot to me
        it has a turret (doesnt looks like the hellbender turret thought)
        the rear tracks instead of wheels
        its enclosed(as i expected to be)

Comment

hehe i have seen this vehicle live on epics closed door show on wednesday in leipzig but i think for me this one of the uninteresting vehicle for me well its remember more on a cannon and not on a vehicle - nothing more

Comment

This thread was originally in the 2k3/2k4 forum (I didn't know there was a 2k7 forum) and unlike that forum, this forum doesn't appear to allow images. It was replaced with a link to the half-size instead of the full-size image. Fixed now.

Originally posted by Catzenjaeger
            emember more on a cannon and not on a vehicle - nothing more
            That's what self-propelled artillery is - a cannon that can move itself around. I think the design is truer to its name than it's 2k4 predecessor.

Comment

[shot]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vectorspace/SPMA.jpg[/shot]

Use {shot}http://homepage.ntlworld.com/vectorspace/SPMA.jpg{/shot} save with square brackets/braces.

You could see the SPMA for a second in the Midway walkthrough iirc.

Comment

mort, this thread was started back in august of LAST year, why did you bump it?

Comment

Originally posted by -VT- View Post
                  mort, this thread was started back in august of LAST year, why did you bump it?
                  I didn't... wtf?

Comment

Working...
                  X