X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by SleightOfHand
    -Other player health above their head is a bar now instead of a number
    I think it would be better as two numbers that are colored (yellow for the shield number, than red for health if it's under 25, orange if it's under 60, green if it's above 60, and white if it's above 100). Because what happens to that health bar when somebody has 100+ health, not to mention that there's no reflection of shield.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    (I know I've said this before...) I thought the whole idea of having a hoverboard of which can do tricks is awful.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx
    Random observations... the good, the bad, the nitpicky.
    • "lot of texts"
    For the "what is that thing", I guess its some kind of mortar or anti-air turrets (or at least something that can only aim relatively high, to destroy those walkers and aircraft)

I didn't noticed the plating on the node... but I looked at the video only once too. and its awesome!

The hellbender's twin beam was awfull, almost completely useless in fierce combat unless you get a lucky shot or predictable opponents, and made boring camping. IMO, fast firing allows the hellbenders a more "in your face" combat efficacity, instead of cheap, long range solution. Love it.

Turret needs to be hitscan somewhat or they are useless in no time. I really hope the knockback is definitively dropped, and the sound, replaced.

Oh and I really hope they add vehicle animation (and for those going to say "but that will f*** up gameplay, no needs for the animation to affect gameplay, say, whenever then animation even start you could still drive the vehicle, can looks slightly silly, but much better than instant nowhere teleportation in and out of the vehicle...

For the hoverboard however, I really want a delay (with an animation too) when you get in or out of the hoverboard. That was instant, and the only part I really think was "awfull" in the video.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Random observations... the good, the bad, the nitpicky.
    • 0:32. Weapon turrets look cool.
    • 0:39. What is that thing? Decoration or some new kind of turret?
    • 0:59. People getting off their hoverboard instantly looks a bit glitchy. I had hoped there would have been vehicle enter and exit animations by now, even if minor.
    • 1:02. I have no problem seeing red people against a brown background, despite repeated complaints by certain posters. I'm glad they don't look like ghey pink glowsticks (although UTComp 1.7 will undoubtedly "fix" that too).
    • 1:04. Is it me or do those enforcers look like assault rifles? If they're assault rifles I'd also like the nades back. A combination of (passable) hitscan and indirect fire makes for a very versatile weapon with many tactical applications.
    • 1:04. Nodes have armor plating too? Cool!
    • 1:06. The flak shell is still octagonal. I thought this game was supposed to be high poly, compared to 2004.
    • 1:17. Node armor plating climbs back into place when the node is healed. Cool!
    • 1:20. The twinbeam is now degraded to a half energy turret? What a cheap solution.
    • 1:31. Cool-looking Necris vehicle, except it has some lame cookie cutter "layzur" turret. Did we get the name yet?
    • 1:32. Energy turret is still the same old boring hitscan fest. Doesn't appear to cause massive knockback anymore, though.
    • 1:50. Strange missile burst from the Cicada. It fires the missiles forward, then they flare and instantly change course. Seems like the burst targets a darkwalker, too. They can't target vehicles in 2004.
    • 1:54. Darkwalker beams appear to either recharge almost instantly or work like the link beam.
    • 2:13. Those big chunks of falling rock act like they're made out of polystyrene rather than, well, rock. There is no dust where they fall.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sweet Vid. Come on UT2007. Its going to ROCK.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by theeDEATHMASTER
    In that case, maybe your eyes need a new graphics card, I mean your getting old
    Bye Jove I think you may be on to something ...LOL

Leave a comment:

• replied
    O .. M .. G !

As in ..

ZOMGWTFBBQ !

That's mesmerisingly beautiful .. Great find ! Now my appetite is whetted even more !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A1
    I'm guessing the gametype is ONS. I hope epic gives use a look at a few DM maps.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HellFox
    its like gamespot, didnt worked as well
    but thanks alot for trying to help

i actually managed to see the video frame per frame. just made it play in half speed. its slow but i can see everything and a little more
    You prolly have to much **** on your comp.
    A nice format will do the trick.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by »madMar†y»
    I think you should be able to whatch this linkhttp://www.computerandvideogames.com...article&id=432
    its like gamespot, didnt worked as well
    but thanks alot for trying to help

i actually managed to see the video frame per frame. just made it play in half speed. its slow but i can see everything and a little more

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Magwa
    sorry it is NOT the equipment..
    sorry also i have the HD version of the trailer....
    In that case, maybe your eyes need a new graphics card, I mean your getting old

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HellFox
    FUUUUUC*!!!!1
    I think you should be able to whatch this linkhttp://www.computerandvideogames.com...article&id=432

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SilverJax
    Wow! I like the fonts... so sexy!
    I like you <3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by placebo
    Wow, it's pretty damned awesome. The Levi looks sweet and I love the location of the map itself, the snow looks like snow, water looks great, very nice lighting.

Only thing I kinda doubt is the taking-damage screenflash effect. Looks like it might be really distracting, but then again, you'll definitely notice when you're being hit.
    I liked the screen-flash effect, infact its the best one I've seen yet, simply because its possible to see straight ahead with it, while at the same time it's very obvious. This time the Levi' looks like it means business, no more being taken out by a single circling raptor.

As for visibility of the other players, I had no problem seeing them, or the smiley face on the flak shell for that matter.

The player name also appears to be on a coloured background, that should make it easier to read.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by placebo
    Wow, it's pretty damned awesome. The Levi looks sweet and I love the location of the map itself, the snow looks like snow, water looks great, very nice lighting.

Only thing I kinda doubt is the taking-damage screenflash effect. Looks like it might be really distracting, but then again, you'll definitely notice when you're being hit.
    Yeah, that was a bit much, tone down the distortion a little. The amount of red was good though.

Some things I noticed:
    -A flak ball smiley, at 1:08.
    -The Hellbender's turret doesn't seem to be charged, but it's like a shock rifle or energy turret.
    -Goliath firing at 1:28

Leave a comment:

Working...
X