• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I didnt see a problem

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx
    I had a close look at that, but I didn't feel about it the same way. I interpreted it as the Manta staying really close to go under the Darkwalker's beams and attack its legs.
    I think it could have been intentional also. The Mantas may have some way of taking out legs, or getting the legs caught between the gap in their nose to slow the walkers progress. Who knows? We don't know enough yet of what features the vehicles will have. We haven't even seen all the vehicles yet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jake-SF
    The hellbender's twin beam was awfull, almost completely useless in fierce combat unless you get a lucky shot or predictable opponents, and made boring camping.
    Thats quite the statement for someone who doesnt play ONS.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Vid is mirrored by UIE here

Could an admin plz add this to the first post, ta

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I had a close look at that, but I didn't feel about it the same way. I interpreted it as the Manta staying really close to go under the Darkwalker's beams and attack its legs.

But then, considering it's bots or unskilled players, I could very well be wrong. Maybe it was a bot that was humping the Darkwalker, like bots often do while driving Mantas (getting themselves caught in their own plasma bursts in the process).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx
    Random observations... the good, the bad, the nitpicky.
    • 0:32. Weapon turrets look cool.
    • 0:39. What is that thing? Decoration or some new kind of turret?
    • 0:59. People getting off their hoverboard instantly looks a bit glitchy. I had hoped there would have been vehicle enter and exit animations by now, even if minor.
    • 1:02. I have no problem seeing red people against a brown background, despite repeated complaints by certain posters. I'm glad they don't look like ghey pink glowsticks (although UTComp 1.7 will undoubtedly "fix" that too).
    • 1:04. Is it me or do those enforcers look like assault rifles? If they're assault rifles I'd also like the nades back. A combination of (passable) hitscan and indirect fire makes for a very versatile weapon with many tactical applications.
    • 1:04. Nodes have armor plating too? Cool!
    • 1:06. The flak shell is still octagonal. I thought this game was supposed to be high poly, compared to 2004.
    • 1:17. Node armor plating climbs back into place when the node is healed. Cool!
    • 1:20. The twinbeam is now degraded to a half energy turret? What a cheap solution.
    • 1:31. Cool-looking Necris vehicle, except it has some lame cookie cutter "layzur" turret. Did we get the name yet?
    • 1:32. Energy turret is still the same old boring hitscan fest. Doesn't appear to cause massive knockback anymore, though.
    • 1:50. Strange missile burst from the Cicada. It fires the missiles forward, then they flare and instantly change course. Seems like the burst targets a darkwalker, too. They can't target vehicles in 2004.
    • 1:54. Darkwalker beams appear to either recharge almost instantly or work like the link beam.
    • 2:13. Those big chunks of falling rock act like they're made out of polystyrene rather than, well, rock. There is no dust where they fall.
    • 1:58 Manta seems to get stuck in the legs of the Darkwalker

Leave a comment:

• replied
    all we need now is the specs for the computer that can dish out that kind of graphics.... but from wat i can tell..... i'm gonna be playing at low res

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sure
    You prolly have to much **** on your comp.
    A nice format will do the trick.
    dunno, ive just got a new 80 giga HD, and its the the video is stored

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SleightOfHand
    Have to disagree. I love the twin-beams. If your in close range combat, especially with players on foot, you should be using combos. Switching between seats 1, 2 and 3 FAST is the key, which with practice isn't too difficult. From medium to long range, twin-beams are awesome.
    Well the game is still more in your face, really long range where the beam will be at its best won't be everywhere. But still, its really a matter of opinion, so we can't really say anything more about that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Flak
    For once, I'm speechless.
    You ? Serious ? WOW

Me2 btw .. great one ..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It looks fantastic but it also looks like a mess to play. I would rather see some footage of 2on2 hardcore CTF on a small tight map

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you for the HD vid Epic.

Very very much looking forward to this game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If only I could use a hover board to get to work every day.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jake-SF
    The hellbender's twin beam was awfull, almost completely useless in fierce combat unless you get a lucky shot or predictable opponents, and made boring camping. IMO, fast firing allows the hellbenders a more "in your face" combat efficacy, instead of cheap, long range solution. Love it.
    Have to disagree. I love the twin-beams. If your in close range combat, especially with players on foot, you should be using combos. Switching between seats 1, 2 and 3 FAST is the key, which with practice isn't too difficult. From medium to long range, twin-beams are awesome. It's no more difficult to hit someone than with shock or lightening.

I don't like the new single, unchargable, shock-like beam. I like being able to charge and let loose when I want, mixing it up. And not everything takes full charges.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Scylla
    (I know I've said this before...) I thought the whole idea of having a hoverboard of which can do tricks is awful.
    Well, the tricks part is awfull to me but the hoverboard itself is nice, (but for what are you complaining, the hoverboard itself or the tricks) I'll still give my reason why its good to have an hoverboard :

UT2007 is supposed to be in your face and come with deadly and fun combat, which we had in UT99, but in a fresh game with fresh stuff all too kep it better.

Maps doesn't seem that huge now (PLEASE, no more TOrlan or Dria-like uber boringness, they are reason I hate ONS, map like this su*ck), but still sometimes and especially when all vehicles are used, you need to walk sometimes.. and that can get tedious. Instead of having little cannon fodder from far away (which are completely vulnerable to HITSCAN, with the hoverboard it isn't exactly the same), you can speed up your movement and get where you want with no real wait...

So, if you do not want to use vehicle (either because you su*ck at them, or they are simply not availaible) you can still go in combat.

Result? Combat are still in your face and you have no huge wait time walking from one side to another of the map - the hoverboard is balanced since you should not use any weapons on it, and there really isn't any other bad effects, what could be bad? I think the hoverboard is an extremely good idea and with all the new stuff, Onslaught will FINNALY be a GOOD gametype instead of a beta-quality gametype...

If everything I saw in the various videos, and in what Epic said, gets into the game, it'll be the best game ever!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X