This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I've got a question about the orb. Do you have to pick it up to start node constuction or was it just a coincidence that he had the orb when he walked over the node?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, in UT2k4, but in the trailer it looks like every vehicle in UT2k7 just blows up, no more wrecks...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Vehicles have a "destroyed" and a "desintegrated" health threshold. A destroyed vehicle becomes a bouncing wreck. If it takes enough damage after that it'll desintegrate/blow up. If a functional vehicle takes enough damage to go straight into desintegration, it'll blow up on the spot.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    With small vehicles the wreck is ok (like the manta). It's just that EVERY vehicle made a wreck, and I can't imagine a giant walker wreck falling down or getting blasted up into the air. It looks better the way it is, collapses from certain weapons but with powerful ones (like the leviathan's blast) destroy it instantly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Scylla
    Well, it's better than a wreck appearing. Just imagine what the dark walker would be like *shudders*.
    Well, it's all a matter of taste. I really liked the vehicle wrecks in UT2k4, they added a nice unpredictable element that was very entertaining. Not many things in UT put a broader grin on my face than killing a Manta and his destroyed mesh squashes an enemy as a bonus. The only stupid thing about them was the sudden disappearance, an effect like we saw in this UT2k7 video would've been nice.
    But I think it would just feel strange if a single Enforcer bullet that takes away an armored vehicle's last few hitpoints can blow it up as if it was hit by a redeemer... I mean, what is a more satisfying sight to behold when you kill, for example, a Raptor: a simple, big explosion in the air (and the current UT2007 explosions don't even look really good, imo they are the only element that doesn't look very "Next-Gen"), or some small explosions shaking the aircraft while it falls down to the ground, burning, and explodes on impact? Same goes for wheeled and antigrav vehicles, making them just go boom seems a bit lame, when they could be sliding, flipping and burn away instead. It is basically the same as if they'd take out player ragdolls and make killed players simply disappear in a flash of light. Looks lame, and makes frags more unsatisfying.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Joe Wilcox
    I'm really glad you guys like the video but please allow me to point out that you really shouldn't try to disect weapon functionality from a video .
    But up until the day we have the demo it's pretty much all we can do..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm really glad you guys like the video but please allow me to point out that you really shouldn't try to disect weapon functionality from a video .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EntropicLqd
    Was it me, or did those Darkwalkers seem to get destroyed exceptionally quickly?

Nice trailer though.
    At the end when the Levi' turns up the gameplay appears to be running at higher than normal speed i.e. it's playback speed has been increased, check out the red player running about infront of the levi, he's far too fast for normal game speed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Scylla
    Well, it's better than a wreck appearing. Just imagine what the dark walker would be like *shudders*.
    huh, but cant they make it so that the pieces actually spawn toghether forming the shape of the vehicle and then blow away?

i hope they make an exiting animation for the hoverboard..........

did anyone noticed the stinger turret on the levi?
    yay, it doesnt seems to be hitscan like the minigun

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MysTikal
    I seen this before, but not in such high quality. <3

Check out 2:04, the teamskins are quite bright!

Necris Viper. Ooh, shes mine.
    i think he is talking about the hover tank, wich is called nemesis iirc

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I seen this before, but not in such high quality. <3

Check out 2:04, the teamskins are quite bright!

Originally posted by Xyx
    1:31. Cool-looking Necris vehicle, except it has some lame cookie cutter "layzur" turret. Did we get the name yet?
    Necris Viper. Ooh, shes mine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Was it me, or did those Darkwalkers seem to get destroyed exceptionally quickly?

Nice trailer though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HellFox
    when i see destroyed vehicles i feel it is so....wrong
    first, there should be smoke out of the pieces, the should leave blach decal on the ground, at leats where the vehicle exploded, and the gib also feel so....weightless, dunno

and also something i noticed that i didnt liked is when the vehicles explode, the pieces/gib come form nowhere, no where near the actually where before the explosion

Leave a comment:

• replied
    when i see destroyed vehicles i feel it is so....wrong
    first, there should be smoke out of the pieces, the should leave blach decal on the ground, at leats where the vehicle exploded, and the gib also feel so....weightless, dunno

and also something i noticed that i didnt liked is when the vehicles explode, the pieces/gib come form nowhere, no where near the actually where before the explosion

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There is still alot of time before UT2007 releases, just chill because alot of these "problems" are minor things i think EPIC will include / fix by release

Leave a comment:

Working...
X