Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Hitscan in UT2007

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitscan in UT2007

Hey,

everytime I hear/read something about the weapons in UT2007, most people say that the Lightning Gun will be removed in favour of the Classic Sniper Rifle. But seriously I can't find any reliable source for that information. Why is everyone talking about the removal of the LG, was it announced by Epic or is it just plain speculation?

It was announced, although I don't remember where.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake-SF
      It was announced, although I don't remember where.
      Lets just hope that’s a rumour or some thing, I cant stand that weapon.

Comment

OMG! Don't say things like that!
        What's a Lightning Gun?

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanWoman
          What's a Lightning Gun?
          it's sort of like a sniper rifle but not terrible

Comment

Right it is alot worse than a sniper rifle... oh the debate continues...LG IMO does not fit into UT it was already done in that other game ...give me a sniper like the one in unreal two or XMP ..perfect..

Comment

LG stats > Sniper stats
              LG looks < Sniper Looks
              LG trail > Sniper trail

Comment

Originally posted by RichyB
                Lets just hope that’s a rumour or some thing, I cant stand that weapon.
                I can't stand the LG tbh, but it's still better than that pathetic attempt at a sniper rifle in UT2004.
                I've argued this before but the LG as it is now doesn't fit in the arsenal of an Unreal game. All of the weapons in Unreal games (besides UT2k3 and UT2k4 and maybe the console games) so far are either spiced up conventional weapons that fire regular projectiles, or an energy weapon that has properties that couldn't be explained with a conventional (non-energy) weapon.
                The original Unreal actually had only a two energy weapons out of a total of 10, one of which we now know as the Shockrifle. (it was called the ASMD back then; don't ask what the abbreviation stands for) The other was the dispersion pistol, which had to be an energy weapon for it to have recharging ammo.

The LG could fit if it did something special, like being able to charge shots, or requiring line of sight to your enemy for a whole second after hitting him to do full damage.
                As it is, however, it's just a classic sniper rifle with different visuals, which would fit in a Star Wars or Star Trek game, but not in an Unreal game. There's no need for it to be an energy weapon, so IMO it shouldn't be.

Originally posted by =XM=
                LG stats > Sniper stats
                LG looks < Sniper Looks
                LG trail > Sniper trail
                Agreed. The stats depend on the game though. IMO, I'd be very happy if UT2k7 had a sniper rifle that made a loud bang when it fired, no smoke, but a bright trail because of a superheated bullet or something. Either that or mandatory tracer rounds as tournament rules, as set down by the Liandri Corporation. (camping servers could turn the tracer off with a mutator that should be provided with the game)

Comment

The LG doesn't need any lame special attributes to be a UT weapon IMO.

Comment

I kinda liked the lg, but I hate it's excessive use by all players. The firing sound is a bit weak too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawke
                      The LG doesn't need any lame special attributes to be a UT weapon IMO.
                      Because the LG is a lame special attribute in itself. ;p

Comment

Originally posted by virax
                        Because the LG is a lame special attribute in itself. ;p
                        VIRAX OUT OF NOWHERE

Comment

Whatever is better, was there an announcement of any sniper weapon (besides the Shock of course...) yet?

If thats all specualation indeed than another totally new sniper weapon could be possible too. Some sort of a mixture between the Gauss Cannon from Half Life and the Sniper Rifle of UT1 would be cool. The Gauss was one of the most inventional weapons in HL1, it was chargable up to a certain max where it did lethal damage. But the most funny feature of this weapon was the knock back it gave you when fired, it could be used for accelerating in the air as well as decelerate when falling down.

Comment

I wish they'd split the weapons over the Necris and Axon teams. All the spacy exotic energy weapons for the Necris, all the boring "modern combat" stuff for Axon.

Originally posted by Magwa
                            LG IMO does not fit into UT
                            What's more unreal, a proton-painting charge-differential-seeking lightning bolt caster or a rifle that's been around since WWII?

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx
                              What's more unreal, a proton-painting charge-differential-seeking lightning bolt caster or a rifle that's been around since WWII?
                              Oh, the old "It's Unreal..." argument.

Gimme some popcorn, tis gonna be funneh...

Comment

Working...
                              X