Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help request...

Hey there.. i have a little question..

I have Warfare RPG server, and i have a little problem with chat.. is there any way to DISABLE this status messages in CHAT tab?

i mean this "red core is under attack", "red node contructed"... i like audio announcer, its cool, but this chat is totally spammed by this informations and is impossible to say "hallo" to anyone, because you type something, and it was 10 seconds later pushed away by this stupid spam..

Is there any way by mutator to disable this?

My second question is about "my" (it was created by any mate here, years ago for my old server, and i just found it again and recompiled it..) power core mutator,

Code:
    class UTMut_PowerCoreUnleashed extends UTMutator 
    	config(PowerCoreUnleashed);

var config float PowerCoreHpMulti;
    /*var config float PowerNodeHpMulti;*/

function InitMutator(string Options, out string ErrorMessage)
    {
    	local UTOnslaughtPowerCore_Content PC;
      /*local UTOnslaughtPowerNode_Content CP;*/

ForEach AllActors(class'UTOnslaughtPowerCore_Content', PC)
    	{
    		PC.DamageCapacity *= PowerCoreHpMulti;
    	}

/*ForEach AllActors(class'UTOnslaughtPowerNode_Content', CP)
    	{
    		CP.DamageCapacity *= PowerNodeHpMulti;
    	}*/
    	super.InitMutator(Options, ErrorMessage);
    }

defaultproperties
    {

}
    i have tryed to use same kind of mutator also to power nodes, but it cause indicator on top of power node acting really strange, if you start attacking node, this indicator just does not move, it start moving when you already did 2/3 damage and it counting only last "100%" instead of multplicated value, is there any way to fix this indicator?

Also power core acting little strange.. in ini file i set multipler to 3, all is fine, ingame you just see 300 "hp" of power core, and it really has this capacity, announcer works fine.. but.. how higher is this multipler value, core rotating toooo fast.. if i set 9 (900 in gui) core rotation become superfast and it cause hard lags.. Also there is problem with that "blocks" jumping out from core when you damage it, it works only first several seconds until you decrease hp from 300 to 200, and rest of time (200-0) you attacking to empty core lighting beam... is there any way to fix this?

Thank you..

Why would text message interfere with audio announcements... you mean text-to-speech right?

Announcements are played clientsided and you should not force that. A client can change the announcement type in his setting.

"Announcement type:"
    • Off
    • Minimal
    • Full

If you change it to minimal or off, the text-to-speech message should be played directly as the other announcements are quite limited. No need for a mutator.

Comment

no, no... i mean.. if you ingame press ESC, and choose "CHAT" you see in left part of screen chat, and on right side player list.. and this dedicated chat window is totally flooded by this bull****s...

i mean this:

http://rommie.clan-rush.net/upload/damnspam.PNG

Comment

Mutator

The announcment type works the same way. If not, you can disable it in your config.

UTGame.ini
        Code:
        [UTGame.UTAnnouncer]
        ;0=none, 1=no possession announcements, 2=all
        AnnouncerLevel=0

If you want to force these message to be off (not recommended), you can set UTGameReplicationInfo::bAnnouncementsDisabled server-sided. It will be repliated to clients. I guess, every announcement will be removed then (like who took the flag etc.).

Code:
        class NoAnnouncementMessagesMutator extends UTMutator;

event PostBeginPlay()
        {
            super.PostBeginPlay();
            WaitForGRI();
        }

event WaitForGRI()
        {
            if (WorldInfo.GRI == none)
            {
                SetTimer(0.1, false, GetFuncName());
                return;
            }

PostInitGRI();
        }

function PostInitGRI()
        {
            local UTGameReplicationInfo UTGRI;

UTGRI = UTGameReplicationInfo(WorldInfo.GRI);
            if (UTGRI != none)
            {
                UTGRI.bAnnouncementsDisabled = true;
            }
        }

defaultproperties
        {
        }
        Note: Mutator class can be used as server actor.

Comment

hm, but this will affect all announcements include on screen messages and voice announcer? no?

Comment

Probably yes. Such message classes are handled statically on the client side. It's not that easy to prevent specific classes from being printed/shown.

If you take a look at one class for instance: UTOnslaughtBlueCoreMessage
            Code:
            static function bool IsConsoleMessage(int Switch)
            {
                return (Switch != 5);
            }
            So every message but PowerCoreNoHealString will be printed to the console. The chat tab will exactly use that console buffer to draw its messages.

I can not think of another simple approach. The best solution would be using a mutator which will add a chat tab/window to the game where only chat by given players and other anouncements are split.

Comment

ah. okay, good idea.. i will try look for any chat mutator...

And what about this power core rotation speed.. does you not have any idea how to fix it?

im looking for :

http://www.codekisk.com/unreal/ut3/s...e_content.html

but i do not see why, when i modify DamageCapacity powercore change his rotation speed :/

Comment

I don't know either. Most of the Onslaught/Warfare code is native. So it's a big mistery.

Comment

ah, anyway.. thank you for this tips... im looking now into codekisk and will make some improvements... i will little experimentating with code, and maybe i will fix this problems by mistake :d :d

Comment

How are the panels in your powernode mutator, do they also show 2/3 behavior? If so, does this occur during damage and also during healing? I think may be able to get some effects consistent if you also multiply the health of the the UTOnslaughtPanelNode's...I am not sure how the damage system works entirely, but you may also try leaving the core and node health alone and only change the panel healths.

you can remove specific console messages entirely by specifying your own subclass of UTOnslaughtMessage to be used and overriding this function:
                    Code:
                    static function bool IsConsoleMessage(int Switch)
                    {
                     	if (Switch < 5 || (Switch > 12 && Switch < 18) || (Switch > 19 && Switch < 22) || (Switch > 25 && Switch < 41))
                     		return true;

return false;
                    }
                    The switch ranges are for specific strings, but you can return false for all if you only want HUD/Audio messages.

Comment

Ty for this tip about chat, i will try it tonight..

Powernodes...

okay... lets count original "hp" of powernode "100" (i know its more, but for better imagination..)
                      100 hp = full indicator bar on top of power node..
                      With my multipler, powernode get "300" hp - for example.. but indicator bar still have only 100hp capacity..
                      if you attacking power node, his "hp bar" just do nothing.. after several attacks - most probably when you deal "200" damage, it start showing corruption.
                      yes, same problem with build.. empty -> 100 is fine, but 100-300 is broken.. bar looks full at 100, but node can still be healed and announcer announce attack to next node after some additional healing.

give me 20 minutes i will do video...

power node - destruction:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPQlv466RNI

power node - building:
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OLiI7aTkbI

and most funny is "boosted" PowerCore, after 100 damage you just attacking to energy beam without plates or something.. and this rotation speed. oO :
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrFVyPfdt-k

Comment

Yeah, you really do probably have to adjust the panel healths if you want it to act more like the original, only taking longer. You may have to adjust in a few places. The healthbar is calculated in the superclass; you can override the PostRenderFor in your subclass, if you must, but you may need to correct something about how you are changing the health, rather. For example, it is likely that after you update DamageCapacity, your nodes/cores need to be told to go to the initial state to update the Health variable correctly, or you need to also set "Health" and not just DamageCapacity.

Comment

yeh, but main question is how.. i have done some research in codekisk but not found anythink usefull, im not found any "hp" values, or any connections to panels :/ i will just continue..

Comment

i found something...

http://www.codekisk.com/unreal/ut3/s..._corespin.html

"DegreesPerSecondMax Source code
                            var(Spin) float DegreesPerSecondMax;
                            How fast is the core to spin at max health"

now how to modify

Comment

Originally posted by CZIvo View Post
                              i found something...

http://www.codekisk.com/unreal/ut3/s..._corespin.html

"DegreesPerSecondMax Source code
                              var(Spin) float DegreesPerSecondMax;
                              How fast is the core to spin at max health"

now how to modify
                              I think most of the problem here, is that the Health is replicated to the client, but the damage is not. An instant action/ listen host does not see the Health Increased on the Scoreboard, but must still apply more damage to a node/core to take it down, and all the effects line up ok. I think a different approach is needed in order to correct the spin and the health bar for clients. I did test setting the 3 message classes with my own from initmutator and this did work on the host, I did not test on the client. Also I tried subclassing and replacing cores/nodes with a sideclass, but they did not appear, may have do subclasses and or initialize link setups and everything to do it that way. Another good approach may be to leave nodes/cores alone, and allow less damage to be done to the nodes somehow. Setting panelhealthmax and panelhealthremaining do seem to affect the panels but I forget if I tried only setting these and no other change, or how things behaved on clients.

Comment

Working...
                              X