4 - RattleSN4K3; Bot settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 - RattleSN4K3; Bot settings

RattleSN4K3, can you script a web-based bot settings mutator/mod or an ingame (possibly similar to map-mixer) or possibly both?

We need bot control like UT99 / 2Kx had. (I know map mixer has this and its a great mod, but its overkill for simple bot tweak/settings)

This really should have been included with the game .. see what i'm saying?

The web-based would be perfect for dedicated servers who run strictly off web admin, I'd prefer that if it had to be one or the other (in-game / or web-based)

Appreciate you looking into this Legend! - if anyone can do it you can.

Hi
    It's in interesting idea. And a very useful idea but I don't have the time to work on it currently. I got some other stuff in the pipeline ^^.

IF any modder wants to try it and needs basic help, ask for it here. WebAdmin gives a nice basic example for it already.

Comment

You can customize bots in the Ini files, set rosters using webadmin and console commands. Add custom characters with code and existing modes.

& i found this:
      https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...rver)-Tutorial
      to be very comprehensive method to customize bots. Alot of the Ut2004 bot Code can be ported to UT3. It's too much for me to do alone. But if your going to do it let me know and ill get involved.

The key feature for me was that you can real time update bots without having to compile code or access game
      • code new AI/UTbots with different settings without having to compile Unreal Script
      - I am hoping this can be used to programme the AI for my UGold remake

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
        Hi
        It's in interesting idea. And a very useful idea but I don't have the time to work on it currently. I got some other stuff in the pipeline ^^.

IF any modder wants to try it and needs basic help, ask for it here. WebAdmin gives a nice basic example for it already.
        Thx for getting back to me, maybe something we can keep on the back burner or at least the chopping block for future implementation, its really a game breaker for LAN players especially who match against entire bot teams; we should have addressed this earlier on I realize.

I know what you mean I have other in the pipeline as well and I'm more of a design artist than i've ever been a mod maker so I doubt I'd have time to do this myself, I'm sure I could do it but the learning curve and such is something I simply do not have time for.

Thx again, maybe keep this in mind if you ever have any spare time.

@TKBS, thanks for the interest and answer as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
          You can customize bots in the Ini files, set rosters using webadmin and console commands. Add custom characters with code and existing modes.
          Of course you can customize bots in the .ini files, set rosters using webadmin; we need a basic GUI for this of some type though (in-game or web-admin) see what I'm saying, nothing fancy even just some type of simple GUI. Need to be able to adjust aim, awareness, jumpiness, personality, name. etc. the basic stuff you know like you could in 99/2KX.

Comment

Working...
          X