Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

6 or more shot dual loading rocket launcher?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 or more shot dual loading rocket launcher?

Anyone else working on a 6 shot rocket launcher? I've managed to blindly(as in I can not code my way out of a paper sack) get it to load up and shoot 1-6 grenades on alt fire but I am stuck trying to get primary fire to become loadable like alt fire.

I need help finding the areas that cover fire modes maybe that will be enough for me to get something working animation/sound and ammo update I am not worried about as the more difficult thing is getting primary to load up rockets.

http://jmp.sh/xTZSOMn (corrected the correction with the right file)

Its sloppy but working, I have some things off here and there trying not to too much more to it before I turn it into jibberish. LOL

Thanks for any help!

======================
    edit I had the grenades qued up and not loaded rockets after having to go back to a previous save file I lost it, so that file only has the load up to 6 rockets.

I'm assming that you're using the stock rocket launcher code. In the default properties change MaxLoadCount=3 to MaxLoadCount=6
    That should be all you have to do. It should be able to load up 1-6 rockets or grenades.

Comment

I'd like the primary fire to load up rockets and alt fire load up grenades,so far I've got it to load up to 6 and fire grenades but for some strange reason even changing its single click projectile to grenades in the default proprieties its still firing a rocket on single click. THo the up side if you click on primary while loading you can change grenades from flocked to spiral IE spreaded death or concentrated death lol.

======================
      edit I had the grenades qued up and not loaded rockets after having to go back to a previous save file I lost it, so that file above only has the load up to 6 rockets.

Comment

I have managed to so far fix the animation and icon, this is an old video I put up last night. Still can not change the primary fire mode ><

Heres the code so far http://jmp.sh/fhO1j38

My powers of cut and paste fail me LOL

Still I am surprised I've got so far. The main trouble i am having is where the fire mode is held it seems to be in 2 or 3 places but I have yet to pin it down ><

Comment

Anims;
          Code:
          LoadUpAnimList[2]=WeaponAltFireQueue3
          • Why not try to add an extra animation or call teh existing animation again in your 6 rockets firing state/ function.
          • - gotostate (fire6rockets)
          • playanim"whatever it is to fire 6 rockets"
          • - OR add a new animation here or replay the existing animation again

• Can you do this for the normal rocket projectiles instead of grenades? so it is like the normal rocketlauncher(eightball) in unreal.
          • If you can adapt & Post the source for that so it can be used for the Unreal [X] weapons, - that would save me some work and be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...ons-Update-2-0
          "The Eightball launcher."
          http://unreal.wikia.com/wiki/Eightball_Launcher

• Maybe the assault rifle source code will help
          • - Or if you like maybe we can team up on this and try to make 2 versions, your grenade and my projectile version.

Edit:
          • ill check your code, see if i can simply change the projectile class your using for myself, & see if i can help.
          • where is the rest of your code? (grenade and projectile class)

Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
            snip
            I'm a lousy coder and work on what specifics I can fix quickly as I have difficulty reading and keeping my energy levels up to tirelessly dog something to death(which is seemingly how I do everything LOL). I've managed to get animation to work smoothly the crosshair is a bit off as you load up stuff(not the aim but its load animation).

Ya its easy enough to change grenades to rockets, just change

Code:
            LoadedRocketClass=class'Zippylabsut3.UTProj_zippylabsut3Grenade'
            to

Code:
            LoadedRocketClass=class'UTProj_LoadedRocket'
            In my code I added LoadedRocketClass2 in the hopes once I can duplicate the fire mode to the primary fire I could just change its calls to LoadedRocketClass to LoadedRocketClass2 so it would fire rockets.

I have found a few places that control it but I have yet to get anything working. I think you need something like this but I am sure I have the stanx/format all wrong, the idea is solid enough have get rid of the normal primary fire code then add to the alt fire code so it covers primary fire, from some experimenting it dose not really matter which button you push to change flock/spiral,ect. But I am not totally sure of this.

Oh BTW seeking seems broken but I believe its native

Code:
            function class<Projectile> GetProjectileClass()
            {
            	if (CurrentFireMode == 1 && LoadedFireMode == RFM_Grenades)
            	{
            		return GrenadeClass;
            	}
            	else if (bLockedOnTarget)
            	{
            		return SeekingRocketClass;
            	}
            	else if ( LoadedShotCount > 1 )
            	{
            		return LoadedRocketClass;
            	}
            	else
            	{
            		return WeaponProjectiles[CurrentFireMode];
            	}
            //====zippychanges
            	else if (CurrentFireMode == 0 && LoadedFireMode == RFM_Grenades)
            	{
            		return GrenadeClass;
            	}
            	{
            	}
            	{
            	}
            	else
            	{
            		return WeaponProjectiles[CurrentFireMode];
            	}
            }
            Thanks for any help I've bit off a bit more than I can chew here LOL But I decided to dog it for as long as I can. I think the shock rifle will be as fun as I want its alt fire to bounce and to cause the big explosion(in other words 2 shock balls hit each other and BOOM) as well have the normal primary cause the big explosion. And yes I make lulzy weapons LOL

Comment

• okay i tried that before you posted
              • i thought i would need something special but you just copy/ paste and turned a 3 to a 6 lol nice.

Thanks anyway (now i can add the eight ball to the weapon pack)

- So on the same principle
              • i guess you alter the "firemode==0" to the same as the ==1 info.
              • now you change
              • if ( !b some stuff happening && (LoadedFireMode == RFM_Spiral) ) to RF_Grenades
              • (there's a few lines where the firemode 0 is mentioned)

credits to you

Comment

Sure go ahead and use it. Still not figured out the fire mode issue, I keep finding the spiral/flock switching stuff but not the firemode itself.
                I'll keep looking but I need a bath and stuff first.

Comment

A quick question, dose anyone know what check radius dose? I think its for bots dose not seem to be for dentition. Having issues with the smaller grenades being easily avoidable , I'd like them to blow up in closer proximity to my target(s) I guess there is no easy way to do that.....mmmmmm

Comment

Sure there is. Replace your projectiles collision code with this:

Begin Object Name=CollisionCylinder ObjName=CollisionCylinder Archetype=CylinderComponent'UTGame.Default__UTProj ectile:CollisionCylinder'
                    CollisionHeight=20.000000
                    CollisionRadius=20.000000
                    CollideActors=True
                    BlockActors=True
                    ObjectArchetype=CylinderComponent'UTGame.Default__ UTProjectile:CollisionCylinder'
                    End Object
                    CylinderComponent=CollisionCylinder
                    Components(0)=CollisionCylinder

Comment

Originally posted by Rumplehedskin View Post
                      snip
                      WOW!!! thank you!!!

==================================================
                      Just posting this up so people can see it and mabye help me find what I am missing. I went through and changed alot of the alt fire parts to primary BUT loading still takes alt fire, I've poured over the file and just can not find that last bit to fully swap them over, if I can swap them over fully that means I can start trying to get primary to load up rockets like alt fire loads up grenades.

With this code it will fire grenades at frist even with the primary projectile being rockets, then if you alt fire it will fire rockets, alt fire fires rockets like it should since I swapped it but the strange thing is I still have to press and hold both alt fire and primary fire to get it to load up grenades so I am close to getting it.

http://jmp.sh/ykPvmJA

Mind you I am ignore animation/icon code so I did not flip it it should be within the areas i put //zippy changes in but I can not find it.

====================

EDIT

I found it FiringStatesArray(1)=WeaponLoadAmmo

Needs to be on primary (0) as well....

FFS I fail!!!!! LOL Now the fun part starts to dup the functions while keeping rockets and grenades separate ><

Comment

Hit a road block I can not dup this code

Code:
                        	if ( !StillFiring(0) )

{
                        			if ( LoadedShotCount > 0 )
                        			{
                        				// We have to check to insure we are in the proper state here.  StillFiring() may cause
                        				// bots to end their firing sequence.  This will cause and EndFire() call to be made which will
                        				// also fire off the load and switch to the animation state prematurely.

if ( IsInState('WeaponLoadAmmo') )
                        				{
                        					WeaponFireLoad();
                        				}
                        			}
                        			else
                        			{
                        				GotoState('Active');
                        			}
                        How do i tell
                        Code:
                        if ( !StillFiring(0) )
                        or
                        Code:
                        SetTimer( GetFireInterval(0) , false, 'RefireCheckTimer' );
                        to do 1 and 0? If I just dup the code it will compile but she crashes when I fire the weapon. 0-o

They are under can't dup in this code

http://jmp.sh/iye91Jn

==============================
                        edit

It dose not seem this code is working either so how do you make it so something uses both fire modes?

Code:
                        simulated function BeginFire(byte FireModeNum)
                        	{
                        	//zippy changes
                        	     //if (CurrentFireMode == 1)
                        		if (FireModeNum == 0)
                        		{
                        			LoadedFireMode = ERocketFireMode((int(LoadedFireMode) + 1) % RFM_Max);
                        			WeaponPlaySound(AltFireModeChangeSound);
                        		}
                        		global.BeginFire(FireModeNum);
                        			//zippy changes dup

if (FireModeNum == 1)
                        		{
                        			LoadedFireMode = ERocketFireMode((int(LoadedFireMode) + 1) % RFM_Max);
                        			WeaponPlaySound(AltFireModeChangeSound);
                        		}
                        		global.BeginFire(FireModeNum);
                        	}

Comment

Okay got if (CurrentFireMode == 0 && CurrentFireMode == 1) to work trying to do seomthing like that with SetTimer( GetFireInterval(0), false, 'RefireCheckTimer' ); and getting nowhere.

Comment

Okay I read up on operators some, dose >=(equal or greater than) work the same as += (plus combine) ? I'm trying to tell the game to use both fire modes for most functions.

Comment

Anyone know how to get this to use both loadedrocketclass and loadedrocketclass2?

Code:
                              function class<Projectile> GetProjectileClass()
                              {
                              //changes zippy if (CurrentFireMode == 0 && LoadedFireMode == RFM_Grenades)
                              	if (CurrentFireMode == 0 && LoadedFireMode == RFM_Grenades)
                              	{
                              		return GrenadeClass;
                              	}
                              	{
                              	}
                              	{
                              		return LoadedRocketClass2;
                              	}

//===zippy changes dup
                              	else if (CurrentFireMode == 1 && LoadedFireMode == RFM_Grenades)
                              	{
                              		return GrenadeClass;
                              	}
                              	{
                              	}
                              	{
                              	}
                              	else