Sharing a WIP Redesign of Xan Kriegor for UT3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing a WIP Redesign of Xan Kriegor for UT3

I eventually want to add my redesign of Xan to unreal 3.
    Being that this will be my first time working with the unreal engine I would very much appreciate any advice tips or suggestions that you, the community might have.
    My current plan is to:

1.) Finish the concepting process by drawing up orthographics of the front, side, back, and top along with a 3/4 perspective view.
    2.) Bring the orthos into ZBrush and sculpt the high poly.
    3.) Low poly in Blender. (Using this project as an opportunity to learn Blender)
    4.) Texturing with ZBrush, xNormal, and dDo.
    5.) Rigging. (I am marginally familiar with the process. Will need to learn how to do it for Unreal III. )
    6.) Importing into Unreal III ( I have very little idea of how to work with anything to do with the unreal engine so naturally this is where I will be leaning on the community the hardest.)

I have done a little looking around and I have found:
    Learning Unreal 3 from Scratch
    Import into UT3 Tutorial

In conclusion, HALP!

WIP Comments and critiques are welcome.

Looks like a nice concept. Very detailed. I'm not into modelling that much but I do know the very basics.

Check out the following page for a basic 3dsmax file containing the skeleton used in UT3:
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/UT3CustomCharacters.html

PS: Welcome to the forums (and community )

Comment

Thanks!
      I am really excited about this project and I am looking forward to giving back to the community that provided me mods when I was a wee pup.

Comment

Before you jump into Zbrush and Blender, I can send yu an obj file of the UT3 Character that came with the Rig...Make sure the proportions are the same (at least lenghtwise) as it will have to git the skeleton

Comment

Ok concept done. Will be moving on to High poly modeling soon.

Comment

Really nice so far. Looks like a lot of more to me. Do you plan to allow customization for this character so you're able to enable/disable some specific parts of the model?

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
              Looks like a lot of more to me.
              I'm not sure I follow. A lot of more?

I had not planned on allowing customization. It shouldn't be too difficult; the additional armor is what I will probably make customizable.
              The end result would look something like this:

IMO He is not nearly as bad ***, without armor.

Comment

"a lot of work". Lol. Mistyped something there.

Or create different armor parts so you could exchange some of them. Or maybe even just allow them to be on each side separately.

Comment

It is going to take a lot of effort that is for sure but I am doing what I love so its all play time.

I like that idea. I prolly wont design new pieces right now but being able to swap them around is, I think, an easy tweak.

Comment

Alright proxy model is done. Now for the hairy part of seeing if any of the UT3 rigs will work with my model.\
                    Worst case scenario: I will have to adjust the proportions to match the rig.

Comment

Wow. That's fast . It's looking like a creature for now.

Comment

Jesus, dude...Awesome

Comment

Xan is coming along well.

His right shoulder is mostly done. Defined his feet a litttle more. divided the chest into panels.

I have been quite dissatisfied with his head so I tweaked it.

Comment

Working...
                          X