More Egyptian levels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Egyptian levels!

Okay, this is my last (and third) idea for the day. I would love to see some more Egyptian maps like in UT2004. I always thought it was a really cool setting, and would love to see some remakes or just original ideas based on the Egyptian theme.

One thing that I think would be cool would be to have an Anubis statue that every once in a while will shoot energy bolts out into the level that can catch players.

Sorry m8 but alot of people here don't take requests like the older days they mainly work on things they like to make.

Also the community is slowing down as the game is getting old their are other games out like COD which is killing these types of game.

But U might be lucky but it's unlikely.

Comment

Yeah I figured it couldn't hurt. plus, tech-wise, UT3 is still state of the art, and since there's no UT4 on the way... I mean, UT3 is better than Call of Duty no disrespect intended, because it lets your imagination go a little further.

Plus, I think my idea about an energy beam you can hook into to blast through a level is cool enough somebody might take a bite... I hope. I would love to play a level like that.

Comment

The only available Egyptian assets are from CTF-Facing worlds 3, I hope for you mappers will use them for there Egyptian projects.

Comment

I extracted all UT2004 egyptian assets. Textures need some kind of facelifting, meshes need to be redone or they will look ugly (smoothing groups, messed uvs etc). Low res textures and meshes are already 150mb, and that is without specular and normal maps for textures. Whole Egyptian package would be around 300mb, add 100mb map to this. Would you really download 400mb for a single map? Also transferring all models over and making them quality ones needs 2-3 months of full time job. So unless there are 2-3 mappers that are willing to produce few maps for mini map pack, i doubt any single mapper will take on this task.

Comment

If you can figure out UT3 to UT2K4 map conversion, there's a gold clan map called Egypt king I think.

Comment

Working...
            X