Now that I have bootcamp on my iMac setup and can do UT3 mapping again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that I have bootcamp on my iMac setup and can do UT3 mapping again

Anyone have any ideas for a 6 to 10 player DM map I could do?

I thought you gave up mapping after that Runtime Error on that VCTF map. It would be a shame, I love some of your work.

On topic, as a remake addict as I am, DM-Fetid is my idea, but no Ripper, please.

Comment

Yeah well I kinda miss doing it

Comment

DM-Fetid sounds good (guess why *points at signature*).
        I'd suggest two versions: A version with the Ripper (I love that weapon and I miss it in some remakes) and one without the Ripper
        Try to catch the original style and feeling please

Comment

Well I did find a fetid remake in existance already but the fileplanet link is dead so I can't examine it. But should I be fancy with it, remake it with lotsa meshes or mostly BSP with minimal meshes?

Comment

http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...19&postcount=5

lol

Anyway, do what you like? Really, it's not like anyone runs any of your stuff on their servers anyway, as it never made the grade. So if you want to do it, do it for yourself. No need to ask the community.

Pop

Comment

I dunno, today I had an idea for a radio tower roof-top, overlooking the night lit city.

Comment

I enjoyed your new DM recently (cant recall name atm sorry, too many maps lol) but found myself wishing it wasnt so similar to Grinder visually. So as long as its visually different i reckon you'll be right. The layouts have been fun Sounds like your thinking that way too which is good

Theres been so little content released lately Think a few of us are thinking about going back in lol Anyhow I'll look fwd to seeing it

[EDIT] Radio tower roof top sounds a bit limiting layout wise. Mind you I dont know what your grand plan is, but I hope it will be broken up a fair bit with some choke points.

Comment

Probably because the older generation of level designers such as hourences, angel mapper, angelheart, desperado, have all gotten careers now or families to take care of. I myself work full time so I come home tired, frag in killing floor / TF2 for a while and head to bed after other stuff. Too mentally tired to work on a level. But I'm gonna try to do it on the weekends hopefully. Something not too complex but fun and good looking at the same time

Comment

Working...
                  X