Realy unofficial UE4 request thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realy unofficial UE4 request thread

Since everyone seems to want this or that to be put in UT4, I want to know people want from the new editor/engine when and if it is released. Personally, I would like to see:
    -The ability to mess with the direction of gravity (so you can walk on walls and such without flipping the entire map around)
    -A kismet actor factory that can spawn prefabs (seriously, this should be allowed in UE3 kismet)
    -Allowing physics volumes and rb force actors to effect both players and rigid bodies, not one or the other
    -More kismet control over bots (so you can make them: feign death, not use hoverboards, spawn specific bots, etc in kismet)

Originally posted by Superking17 View Post
    The ability to mess with the direction of gravity (so you can walk on walls and such without flipping the entire map around)
    Think Mario Galaxy on the Wii. Now that would make for some fun maps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czDam59-Vjc

Comment

Hell I'd even like UE 3.5 stuff, the lighting stuff that is in that is very very nice. UE4 if we ever do get to play with it, will have tons of more stuff, I wonder if there is a place you can send ideas or suggestions for it to be in the next editor other than posting in the forums of course, that would be cool.

Comment

hmmm since ive seen conjecture from respected community members that UE4 may be too complicated for end users and speculation that an editor may not be included on these grounds, I will be happy to see a UE4 editor period and even happier to see a UT4

Comment

Oh please, there's no level of complexity the community can't handle. The only difference between members of this community and software developers is a paycheck.

Comment

The wall-walking, kismet and physics volume things are all either rarely touched by the community or would require messing with engine code, which is **** near impossible for anyone who didn't make the engine in the first place.

Comment

UT3 version 3.0 would be better.

Comment

I am talking about UE4, which isn't coming out for a few years anyways, so might as well ask for things now so it isn't a last minute sort of thing.

Comment

Dude I think their main concern here is geting the new tech on the engine base code first...
                  Suposibly its scheduled to be ready around 2012, to be ready for devolopers right before the new consoles ship.

Asking for UT related stuff now is futille the engine development isn't at that stage yet maybe in a year or two.

Comment

I'd like to make jumping a lot better cause u can't jump in UT3. Even with rediculous double jumps you dont get anywhere. Ut2000 series had proper jumping.

I'd like more content. Dont remove gametypes and add a lot of maps out of the box.

I'd like some kind of reaction when u shoot a tree or the grass. Yesterday i fired a flak in the grass. i thought it would go through it and kill the flagcarrier but it bounced back when it hit the grass and killed me instead. Something here is too unreal for unreal...

Good menus. Menus that are clear and we dont need a picture that takes up half the screen.

No login profiles that gives u duplicate logins and just takes a lot of time. Those who pirate games will get around it anyway. Login will just **** off the people who actually think the game is worth spending money on.

Less bugs, map glitches, TODOs and FixMe in the code. Release a game that is finished and later patch the bugs u missed.

Comment

Just write on a napkin and send it in to Tim Sweeney so he can add it to his folder of "cocktail napkin ideas for UE 4.0"

I think it would be nice to see UE 3.5 though

Comment

Originally posted by [MSF]Heggi View Post
                        I'd like to make jumping a lot better cause u can't jump in UT3. Even with rediculous double jumps you dont get anywhere. Ut2000 series had proper jumping.

I'd like more content. Dont remove gametypes and add a lot of maps out of the box.

I'd like some kind of reaction when u shoot a tree or the grass. Yesterday i fired a flak in the grass. i thought it would go through it and kill the flagcarrier but it bounced back when it hit the grass and killed me instead. Something here is too unreal for unreal...

Good menus. Menus that are clear and we dont need a picture that takes up half the screen.

No login profiles that gives u duplicate logins and just takes a lot of time. Those who pirate games will get around it anyway. Login will just **** off the people who actually think the game is worth spending money on.

Less bugs, map glitches, TODOs and FixMe in the code. Release a game that is finished and later patch the bugs u missed.
                        None of that has anything whatsoever to do with UE4. Those are all complaints that have to do with UT3, and frankly still have nothing whatsoever to do with UE3 either.

Superking, this thread seems more appropriate for the Maps & Mods forum. That way only people who actually have interest in the topic at hand will post. In the General Chat section you'll get all kinds of yahoos.

Comment

Just wait UT4 in 201X.

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                            None of that has anything whatsoever to do with UE4. Those are all complaints that have to do with UT3, and frankly still have nothing whatsoever to do with UE3 either.

Superking, this thread seems more appropriate for the Maps & Mods forum. That way only people who actually have interest in the topic at hand will post. In the General Chat section you'll get all kinds of yahoos.
                            Indeed. I shall take this thread away, to where it cannot be touched by idiots who don't know what an engine is

Comment

i 2nd the idea on altering gravity, its a simple concept that can have far reaching applications. more physics related options with player models such as being able to blow away body parts from weapon fire and the such (while alive so not gib related) cause from what i read it cant really be done now unless you take predefined bodyparts and script them to shrink when hit or something which is poor way of handling what could be another way of opening up unforeseen possibilities, unless i read wrong..

while were kinda on the subject would it be unreasonable to believe that any mapping work done now using only simple geometry and static meshes would be compatible with ue4? im working on a hefty tc project and wouldnt be surprised if it took me that long to finish it and building on top of it with the newer features available at the time would be nice

Comment

Working...
                              X