Requesting community models/textures pack from epic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requesting community models/textures pack from epic

UT3 has ton of alien and mechanics robotics and all futuristic types of textures and models, but how about some regular stuff ?
    There are great custom made maps with custom models but they are so huge in file size due to custom models/textures content.
    So i was thinking if epic could release some sort of pack with models that are not so UNREAL.
    Models like furniture/books/household appliances and such.
    Maybe some Egyptian materials and models ?

At this point mapping ideas are limited using models UT3 and current community packs released making maps like Space stations and city's that all look unreal.

I would like to make maps that are not so UNREAL.
    Maps like big apartment complex and homes and fireplaces.

Dont you guys think having few REAL models would be great for the mappers ?
    With such pack i and others could make maps that are far more interesting that what we have so far.
    Thanks to kismet we can make very cool events going on but with limited resources i don't think we want to use any custom content in our maps due to increasing map file size.
    New Train into which players can actually go into would b e great instead of the one Epic already had but we could only jump on top of it.
    Maybe couple of boats and maybe some more house parts that can be used to build a house. Parts like fence/doors/windows/materials for inside and outside walls and roof's/some flowers and maybe some playground contents along with inside furniture/lights/pictures/picture frames/fireplaces/candles/bathtubs/toilets/chairs/sofas/rag's/computers/Tv's and other electronics and more. Am sure Epic has them all.
    Egyptian models would also be very nice. UT2004 had ton of those but UT3 doesn't even have a single texture can be used for Egyptian pyramid or tombs for that matter.
    I was going to make a map sorta like Egypt but stuck realized that i will need allot of custom models/materials in order to finish it and just gave up (after all no one wants to download huge map files)

I can only hope EPIC does read this

Would this map look good ?

Epic aren't about to waste hundreds of hours of artist time to create a load of assets for a two year old game that aren't even going to be used as part of the commercial release - plus no user would download the pack, since it has no use to them unless they're mapping.

You're better off including custom content.

Comment

Furniture and stuff are things that dont look well with so huge weapons and explosions around, how can a chair be there after a Rocket explosion?

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
        Epic aren't about to waste hundreds of hours of artist time to create a load of assets for a two year old game that aren't even going to be used as part of the commercial release - plus no user would download the pack, since it has no use to them unless they're mapping.

You're better off including custom content.
        Hundreds of hours ? Dude i could do that in a day my self if i had everything organized in my computer. (with my models/textures spread all over my HDD's i dont even know where to look i would need about 2 or 3 days to get all the furniture and house parts in a package. 2 more days to setup materials but thats me, i dont deal with this stuff everyday so its gonna take me longer than it would take an EPIC's PRO who did this 100's of times and quick as hell. Plus there isnt just one, there are many of them and each has its own thing to do unlike me i would have to do everything my self)
        AM pretty sure they have all models we could ever need, its just a matter of assembling them together in one package and make it official so everyone would download. Maybe throw one or two maps along just as an example of what maps can be made with this package content.
        It could also be a part of next patch if it will ever be released like titan pack or something.

Originally posted by luau.design.df View Post
        Furniture and stuff are things that dont look well with so huge weapons and explosions around, how can a chair be there after a Rocket explosion?
        Well chair could explode ?
        I know exactly what you talking about. This game is not fit for realistic environments like once i was talking about, still having those as default UT3 models would be great and thats why i asked for those to be included in next pack or patch or what ever.

I could make such pack and post it here but it will not be official and not allot of ppl will download it, mostly mappers like (you said) so it has to be official.
        And game is 2 years old means nothing, THis game sucked so much when it came out so i dont think we should count its official release date as its release date until about patch 5 came out,only then UT3 was a game, before that it was just like VISTA unfinished product.

Comment

Epic is making monies, and this thing will not make them much more from 2 years old game that failed to sell.

They all are in M$ pocket and xbawcks market, so PC with UT3 is stepchind for them. Did you hear that there is no more new UT game in plans?

Only thing they need from PC is some new talents growing from modding community, but those dedicated few that succeed and get mapping job will make their own custom content anyway, and learn how to do it.

If they wanted to make new environment set they would do it already for titanpack.

Our best hope is that they release as much stuff as they can for this old engine before they move to consoles entirely. Would be nice to get source files for textures, original meshes of all assets etc. That would make easier to modify and add custom content for existing sets. But even that is lot of work to simply collect, organize and pack all those gigabytes of data.

Comment

no i didnt know they not gonna make any more unreal tournament game and giving up on PC.
            This sucks caz am sure that if there ever would be next UT game it would be better that this one.
            Because they failed to make this game as fun as it was back in ut2004 the lost money.

I kinda wish that UT3 was exact same thing as UT2004 but with better graphics and kismet (thats all i hoped for but in the end it was a mistake just like it was back with ut2003)
            On positive side latest patch has improved allot but game is still not as fun as it could be. I's say bots are still stupid and game menu is terrible (better but still sucks) plus whole player control is just (i have no words) realistic ?
            I dont know about what u guys think but in my opinion all characters are FAT clumsy and slide sliding like on ice
            Hope there will be next patch fixing all this funky player control and animations

Comment

Working...
            X