Giving reward only for Red team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving reward only for Red team.

I'm trying to give only Red team a reward when they destroy the turret in my mod.
    I'm using 'Get team number' and 'Give inventory' which would give Berserk mode to only the Red team.
    I thought it works, but it actually gives inventory to both Red and Blue teams when I set target with Player variable.
    And when I use Object variable instead of Player it does not work at all.
    I don't understand why it works like this.
    I'll be very happy if anyone has the answer for this.

Have you got a comparison checking the team? Red = 0 Blue = 1 btw.

GetTeamNumber gives the number of the team, you'll have to compare it with 0 to see whether its 0 or 1.

Comment

Yes. I tried it.
      But, with unknown reason, I failed to give inventory using Object variable, it worked only with Player variable and it didn't work either when I turned off bAllPlayers.

Comment

You should use the player variable with bAllPlayers turned off.

Can you show a screenshot of the sequence?

Comment

Sure.

Here's what I'm trying.
          I spawn a bot and a vehicle and make a bot to enter it.
          So when the bot inside the vehicle dies, UT3 checks the team and give the inventory only to Red team.
          I turned off bAllPlayers, but it gives inventory only to the player who spawns first, not to the other guys.
          I tried to use Object variable instead of Players; it works, it just doesn't give inventory to anyone.

Comment

Ohh, you want to give it to the whole team?

Is this a singleplayer level?

You can't use object as it doesn't reference anything. I don't think you can do whole team checks, only per player, I have a setup if you walk is a zone it starts capturing a node depending on your team, but that is per player.

Comment

Then, how do I check teams per player?
              It is a multiplayer level.
              I want at least give inventory to the player who destroys the vehicle (or kill bot).

Comment

Working...
              X