Game chat translator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game chat translator

I see many people on my UT3 server chatting in German, French, Spanish, Russian and probably more. many times there is a mixed group of players so a translator mutator would be very usefully and also might help increase player numbers. It could be configured in the player sitting tab along with a spell checker maybe, to help with translation also it would help with some of the English speaking players as well.

Lol... This is probably possible (except for the spell checker, dunno how that would be done) but do you have any idea how much trouble it is to create a translator? Even one that goes from all languages to one (english) that doesn't exist!

Comment

Originally posted by FakeTruth View Post
      Lol... This is probably possible (except for the spell checker, dunno how that would be done) but do you have any idea how much trouble it is to create a translator? Even one that goes from all languages to one (english) that doesn't exist!
      Can you Imagen the glory If you pull this off?! You may be given a job with a corner office at Epic!

Check out Aspell. You can use it as a spilling plug-in and has many language data base dictionaries. It's used with XChat IRC client. I must say it works great! I also have it on my desk top as a stand alone spell checker. All you do is drag a text file over the Aspell icon to start the program.

In addition the spell checker could be added by the client as a plug-in and linked to the translation mutator. Like XChat does it.

Also it can work from localization libraries available. All you would have to do is link all the plug-ins to the chat.

Comment

I don't think there will be much glory by creating this. I would never use it...

Comment

I don't think there will be much glory by creating this. I would never use it...
          This is to show case your skills! Not if you would use it or not.
          If that's not the case then why do you do this?

Comment

Do what? I'm just telling you what I think about this idea.
            I only create things that I want to create, I don't make stuff I don't want to make. If somebody else wants to create this I won't stop the person, I'm just saying I won't use it lol

Comment

Do what? I'm just telling you what I think about this idea.
              I only create things that I want to create, I don't make stuff I don't want to make. If somebody else wants to create this I won't stop the person, I'm just saying I won't use it lol
              You misunderstand my meaning. Why do you code? Most coders do it to add to their resume. Some actually make money doing it. Some people are creative and need to do this for no other reason. The medium of the 21st century is digital. Some mappers works Ive seen are works of art although they don't play very will. I am a fan of the artist. As John F. Kennedy said in has famous moon speech, We don't do things because they are easy, we do things because they are hard.

Some one may or may not do this project. I present this idea for consideration because ideas are my art form. This is a hard idea that some one may take up the challenge. They may fail miserably or succeed with great results and learn many way how not to make this project.

Some one asked Tomas Edison about all the thousands of failures inventing the light bulb and he replied I know of a thousand ways how not to make a light bulb.

Comment

I agree. But I don't make things for my resume, I make it because I find it fun. And it makes me feel great when people use the stuff I created. And I don't think it's fun to create this translator So I'll pass

I think your idea is a cool idea, but it'll be very hard to realise and err.. like I said before, I won't use it

Comment

I agree. But I don't make things for my resume, I make it because I find it fun. And it makes me feel great when people use the stuff I created. And I don't think it's fun to create this translator So I'll pass

I think your idea is a cool idea, but it'll be very hard to realise and err.. like I said before, I won't use it
                  Thanks for your interest. I enjoyed chatting with you.

Comment

Working...
                  X