Is this possible???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this possible???

Could I make a desktop icon launched game with its own menu. If I added another map to the game it would tell whoever was using the game that it is available for download. And this would be available for both online and bots as well.

That doesn't make any sense to me. Could you explain differently?

Comment

Originally posted by brisingre View Post
      That doesn't make any sense to me. Could you explain differently?
      Absolutely correct, please provide more detail and info into what you are saying, or just word it differently.

Comment

Our mod has this and it's taken one of my more dedicated programmers 2 months to get a barebones unstable menu system going.

If you are serious about this look into this site
        Blog Full of Crazy UI Front End tutorials - http://blog.gneu.org/2009/01/mod-swi...-and-uiscenes/

If you just want to make a custom executable with a custom icon that auto picks your game mod do something like this. I pulled this straight from out wiki so the Y2K stuff applies to the name of our mod.

We need to setup the way UT3 launches, so go to your desktop where the icons are right click Shortcut to - UT3 and click Create Shortcut. This should make a duplicate Icon. I would also rename Shortcut to - UT3 to just Y2K.

First we will setup the normal UT3 executable on our desktop to launch our mod faster. Right click the UT3 shortcut and select Properties. Add -mod=..\UTGame_Y2Kand-nomovies and -useunpublished to the end of the target line. It should look like this: "blahblahblah\UT3.exe" -mod=..\UTGame_Y2K -nomovies -useunpublished

Now right click the icon and select Properties. Click the Change Icon button and click Browse. Find the Y2K.ico in ...\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Docs.

Comment

Whoa, haven't seen these tutorials before, that'll help an awful lot, thx Boco!!!

Comment

Working...
          X