I can't decide...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't decide...

So I've been playing around with making a TC and I've come to the point where I should decide what it should be and maybe start finding some help.

I've came to two different ideas so far. One being a similar game based off of Counter Strike: Source. I love that game and feel that the Unreal Engine would be amazing to replicate and improve the game play a little bit.

My second idea is a Star Wars based game with a short single player campaign along with multiplayer play. It would be set back in the Clone Wars era (Between episodes 2 and 3) and feature two teams consisting of Republic Commandos and the other team being the various droids from that time. Basically a combination of Republic Commando and Battlefront, on crack. Which reminds me that Republic Commando was actually built off of UE2. Multiplayer would basically be a class system. Whatever class you chose designates your weapons, etc. And the single player campaign would actually be two different campaigns. You could chose to play from either the Republic view or the Separatist view playing as a droid.

I'm leaning more toward the Star Wars idea right now, purely because of my love for it and I know using Unreal to build it will make it not only fun but beautiful as well.

Just ideas so far but I'd like input and maybe some volunteers to help out with various things. Coding, mapping, modeling, basically everything lol. I myself am no expert in any of those areas but I do have a beginners knowledge of how it all works. There is no rush on this, no time lines... Its basically something for hobbyists who want to help in making something that could potentially be awesome.

No Star Wars anything should be based off the those 2 (3) awfully bad movies. Do a follow up to Jedi, you play a imperial soldier. Trying to escape Endor (the Ewok planet). Make a station (node or something) that lets you change outfits, so you can infiltrate the rebel forces. Maybe some puzzles that lets you escape the planet (or free other soldiers). I never played counter strike, post a description.

Comment

Oh no no lol. I'm not basing anything off of the movies. I too agree that the movies were sub par. What I mean is I want the game to take place during what is called the Clone Wars which was a battle between the Republic and the Separatists. That whole era to me is fascinating and I like the different weapons, ships, vehicles, characters, and the overall depth of the story. Playing as a Republic Commando is a much more satisfying experience to me mainly because it gives a real military like game play rather than just running around slashing everything with a lightsaber and using force powers. I guess that could be a feature somehow, to play as a Jedi but it wouldn't be main priority to me. Granted I speak as just me because I am the only one working on this project lol. If there were other people working with me that also felt that having Jedi in the game was important then I suppose it could be implemented. I do however like you suggestion to be able to change outfits and whatnot to "blend in". Im not sure how that would work though playing as a Commando considering they're all clones and have very unique armor...

Sorry for rambling lol.

Counter Strike is a military style multiplayer game. Its basically a Counter Terror team and a Terrorist team with different objectives. Rescuing hostages, planting bombs, etc... There really isnt much more to describe lol. Just go to youtube and put in Counter Strike: Source and you'll see what it is.

Comment

I just hate every thing about those movies in general. The outfits, the environments the characters, all equally. Be able to deflect bullets with a sword does seem pointless. No jedi. Maybe to a gun that blocks (partially absorb) enemy fire. And then fires back at them enemy (ie someone shoots lightning, you block it, your next shot is a lightning bolt.) Kinda like Mega Man (Rock Man).

Comment

Well technically I can't use any of the main characters because if I'm not mistaken doing so is against copyrights. I'm not completely sure about that though. I guess maybe I should fire off an email or something asking if it's even legal to make a mod like this at all. Maybe someone has some info regarding that? I never plan on using this for commercial or monetary gain and all content will be made from scratch. It's simply for fun and hopefully a free release someday for anyone who owns UT3. I think I also read somewhere that as long as you give credit to Mr. Lucas and ILM that it's fine to do whatever, but once again, I'm not sure.

And to try and clear up what I'm doing... This will have NOTHING to do with the movies. Just the time period. I find that there is more of a variety of weapons, characters, creatures, environments, etc. to choose from rather than the Episode 4-6 era. I think that's because Star Wars had 25 years to grow and expand into a HUGE thing where as in 74' when it came out all anybody knew was what they saw.

Comment

Don't think it's a good idea to base a mod on any of those. Star Wars and Cstrike has been done to death in so many forms. Just look at what has been done with Jedi Acadamy over the years. Not to mention it'll take many years and lots of resources to create something that's gonna be worthwhile.

Comment

Jedi Academy was released in 2003 and I don't think much has happened to it since. Since then there have been what, 5 or 6 major Star Wars releases? That's not TOO bad... It does seem like it is done a lot but I think UT3 could make it look pretty nice and give it a new kind of game play (in a way). I know it will take a long time for anything to really happen with it but once again, this isn't really anything serious. Its a hobby, not job and I think that's what will make this different and enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
              X