Request: Weapon randomizer mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request: Weapon randomizer mod

Here's something that I would like to see... My brother and I were playing a huge deathmatch on the ps3 with the weapon respawn mutator, and he said to me, "it would be really cool if everytime the weapons came back, they were something else." Sort of like a weapon randomizer mutator.

Example: a player picks up a bio rifle, the weapon respawns but it's a flak cannon this time!

It could make for some pretty crazy brawls where players might need to get creative with how they use their random weapon. I think it could make old maps fresh. You wouldn't even need to stop at weapons, you could make the super upgrades share respawn locations too. The redeemer, shield belt, and Keg could all trade homes with eachother, but not with a link gun, for instance.

Maybe someone's already created a mod like this. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard, but I have no experience with the editor. I admit I haven't looked very hard.

PS: Does anyone know where I can find the Unreal Editor? I've heard that it's in the system files for the pc version, but I only have the ps3 version of the game...

I second this idea. It seems simple enough to make (I'm not making it, no experience :P). The only problem I can see is going to a sniping spot, only to get a biorifle . I like the concept of switching the super pickups as well. That will teach redeemer campers a lesson!

Btw, UE3 comes with the pc version only.

Comment

That would actually be cool. combine that with some extra pickups like speed boots, quad jump boots, and mixing the armor as well... I like the idea, but what about weapon lockers? How would that work? and ammo placement? it would kind of suck to always be picking up ammo for a weapon you don't have yet.

Comment

Maybe there's a way around the ammo problem. I think that the weapon replacement mutator also replaces the ammo. The type of ammo that appeared could be based on the weapon that it was next to. But then, what if it doesn't get picked up? Hmm.

Comment

Anything that has to do with randomizing is always welcome. There's a mutator for UT2004, which for me is one of the most essential mutators for this game, called Random Weapon Swap. When you start a map, this mutator chooses the weapons to be spawn. Best of all: it can choose, not only stock weapons, but custom weapons. This means you can have custom weapons without replacing stock weapons. Everytime you play a map, it's a different experience.

Comment

Working...
          X