Warp portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    thanks I needed this too and yeah I knew exactly what you mean because back then I used the tutorial from Angel Mapper too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Okay, my research skills are back

after some snooping around I found something that, when done properly, will give me the effect and game play elements I'm looking for. By the way Thanks for the help Rurouni_Kei, And Here is the tutorial I found.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for your input. I'm not sure what type of teleporter he's using; however, what I had in mind is more like a tesseract, a 4 dimensional cube. Angel Mapper's tutorial for 2k4 explains it better than I can. Oh I got the name wrong, it's warp zone.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    oh well you can do it and from what I've aware it's pretty similar to what it was in UT04 (I was working on a map like that back then too) I have a map for ut3 that works on this as well but it's backed up on a cd right now that I have to look for, here is a link for it http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...chrono+trigger

there is another map that is out that uses this as well but not sure of the name of it so you'll have to look for it, good luck and don't give up, yes it can be and has been done.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Warp portal

Warp portal

Hi I'm currently working on remaking a level that I made for ut2k4 but, sadly, was never able to complete due to a hdd failure
    . One of the key gameplay mechanics of this map was warp portals. For those that don't know, a warp portal is something that conects 2 uncommon points in space. Like a teleporter, but you can fire a rocket through it. What I would like to know, is there something like this in ut3, or do I have to make something like it?
Working...
X