Roadie Run(sprint)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roadie Run(sprint)

is anyone out there making something like this that u can share with us i want a sprint i dont like to get on the board and stuff.

I think for CTF/DM maps this would be a perfect option to have as right now if a sniper gets you in his sights odds are your dead before you can doge it. At least a sprint would help you get to some cover faster.

This as a mut with good AI programing so they make use of it too, with some new animations for all the current models would be sweet!

Comment

in vctf i would consider this cheating. its a choice between walking (slow) or being shot into ragdoll, but moving fast. learn to dodge.

Comment

it exists in my TC
        so you can all wait :P

/thread

Comment

can it be made a mutator not a tc ? for ps3 players? and about the cheating u should have said that when vctf came out and all these other stuff like unlock veichles and stuff this is just a sprint like the hoverboard so infact there is no cheating....i notice in every idea you have something bad to say WHY?

Comment

because biohazard thinks about the balance of games and such, although i see his/her points i also should point out that the game is moddable for a reason. to stretch the boundaries and if that means it upsets balance, then oh well... the game is still fun.

Comment

if you really dont want to hoverboard, there is a mutator that lets you carry the flag inside a vehicle. quite unbalanced but well, if you really want the game to be unbalanced...

Comment

actually a sprint would be good, provided that it's limited properly. Ten seconds max, can't sprint with the flag/orb, with deployables, or with certain weapons i.e. the redeemer, rocket launcher, avril, etc.

the flag is a given, who want's to be unable to catch up with the flag carrier?

the deployables, it would suck to have spider mine traps be tossed into your base on a whim.

the weapons, well something like the ones I named, they're heavy

Comment

Doesn't seem unbalanced or cheating if it's limited, hell it'll improve it in my honest opinion, though what I honestly wish I could see is something on par with what I remember in F.E.A.R. where I could run and duck at the same time making my character slide for cover or slide kick someone.

Comment

only way to implement it imo is to do it like in 2k4: you have to build up adrenaline (use the titan mater maybe) and then you can trigger a speed combo that lasts till the titan meter runs out or you die. should last about 10 - 15 secs max.

Comment

no, its not, you make a custom variable.
                      i did it. so smeh, first beta of my TC will be out soon

Comment

You could just define to variables, energy and sprint. Have energy constantly recharge whilst sprint depletes it when activated. When activated it causes the players speed to increase by amount speed.

Comment

dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i have accomplished it ^_^ and i'll release first beta of the TC soon

Comment

This is going to be the best mod ever.

Comment

Thanks for this it will add so much to CTF/DM/TDM maps for sure!

Comment

Working...
                              X